Korra Vs Edward Elric

Topic started by Destinyheroknight on June 6, 2012. Last post by Whats_out_the_bag 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,342 posts) See mini bio Level 21
From Avatar: The Legend Of Korra
From Avatar: The Legend Of Korra

Vs

From Fullmetal Alchemist
From Fullmetal Alchemist

-Both are in character

-Win by KO

-No prep time

-Speed is equal

-No knowledge

-Standard equipment for both

-They start the fight about third feet apart

-The fight take place in a empty woods

Who will win?

Post by Yusuke52 (441 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Good match up, but I would give it to Edward. He should be able to transmute faster than Korra can bend so she would be impaled by a floor of spikes at the start, that or he could just transmute a few cannons and start shooting at her.

@Yusuke52:

He should be able to transmute faster than Korra can bend

I wouldn't say that, Korra can bend pretty fast. I say they probably at the same speed with bending and transmuting respectively

@Destinyheroknight: Fair point, I forgot about her fight with Tarrlok. She has some nice reactions there too so thats not so bad either.

But currently I feel she uses rather standard water/fire/earth bending (Simple stuff mostly), she is not as creative with her attacks (Aside from her little water face kick thingy haha) and she lacks hard hitting power outside of her earth bending.

She could possibly pull of a win but it would be an uphill battle, Ed has a much more diverse array of attacks and should be able to transmute most, if not all of her attacks and send them back at her. Not to mention he could alter small parts of the landscape into something she can't bend, like metal and use it to attack her or close the gap and attack in close quarters, since she had great trouble fighting with the chi blockers when they got in close, like when they fought on Memorial Island and other instances.

I think its mostly due to her lack of Air bending and Avatar State, if she had them it would be very different. But I think that is what is hindering her from a win, that and a lack of hard hitting attacks.

@Yusuke52:

Nicely said, I agree with that. (I probably should have waited for Korra to get more feats)

@Destinyheroknight: Yeah its mostly due to her lack of feats, but that could all change in a few episodes (Given the way things are going). If it does then Korra might just pull off a win.

But all the same I am liking Korra alot right now and I look foward to seeing where they take her.

Post by FalconC2 (379 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I would love to see this fight actually happen, but yeah, Edward can transmute gatling guns and cannons. I would give the edge to him because of that. Who knows though, Korra could get some more impressive feats like Yusuke52 said. Though, she hasn't been shown to be capable of entering the Avatar state yet.

A close fight would be dangerous too, because Ed can mimic what Scar does and deconstruct matter (splatter the fuck out of people). But that's out of character for Ed, he's not the murdering in cold blood type. So, I don't think he would resort to that. He is still a superior combatant when it comes to close quarters, and he has a metal arm that he can transmute into various sharp and blunt objects. So, it would be bad in general if Korra took this fight up close.

Post by jnw93 (125 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I would have to go with Elric on this 1, he has a better arsenal of attacks.

Post by TheNobody (289 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Edward only because he can transmute firearms, I see him pulling out a pistol from the ground and shooting her to death. 
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@TheNobody said:

Edward only because he can transmute firearms, I see him pulling out a pistol from the ground and shooting her to death.

that would be an incredibly out of character thing for him to do, but i think that he can possibly take this through other means if necissary, at least for now of course. God knows what will happen in the future. If she is anywhere close to aangs level by the end of her series, this match will go from a good fight like what it is now to a horrendous curbstomp

@Haofan123: Agree, I can't wait for more of the series since I was a fan of the first series. 

@TheNobody said:

@Haofan123: Agree, I can't wait for more of the series since I was a fan of the first series.

Yeah. The first series was a masterpiece and the legend of korra certainly lives up to its hype IMO.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,743 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Is she faster than Edward???

let's not forget that Ed is a bullet timer... especially with winter automail, even Scar was having trouble with Ed.

But am not gonna underestimate her because she can bend fast... if she bends fire before Ed transmutes than she has the win by burning Ed.. or Ed can come up with a strategy to win

@DBZ_universe said:

let's not forget that Ed is a bullet timer... especially with winter automail, even Scar was having trouble with Ed.

But am not gonna underestimate her because she can bend fast... if she bends fire before Ed transmutes than she has the win by burning Ed.. or Ed can come up with a strategy to win

I actually doubt that Ed is a bullet timer. Hes fast but not that fast. The machine gun feat in chapter one was an outlier considering that his other feats throughout the rest of the seires seem to contradict it. As for scar having trouble with Ed when he used winter automail, the only reason that happened was because Ed tricked scar and he would have still gotten beaten if it wasnt for winry destracting scar. Now, while Ed may not be a bullet timer, he is indeed incredibly fast. I believe that that he has a good chance againt korra

@Haofan123 said:

@DBZ_universe said:

I actually doubt that Ed is a bullet timer. Hes fast but not that fast. The machine gun feat in chapter one was an outlier considering that his other feats throughout the rest of the seires seem to contradict it. As for scar having trouble with Ed when he used winter automail, the only reason that happened was because Ed tricked scar and he would have still gotten beaten if it wasnt for winry destracting scar. Now, while Ed may not be a bullet timer, he is indeed incredibly fast. I believe that that he has a good chance againt korra

agreed.. he can also trap her in the ground but that would be impossible due to her earth bending... unless he changes the ground to a different material then she wont be able to bend it.. OR unless she calls him small... than she loses.

@TheNobody said:

Ed would NEVER do such things even if he was bloodlusted....

There are a lot of different factors to take into consideration for this match, but I would go with Edward , at least until korra gets more avatar worthy feats like her previous incarnation and wipes the floor with the young alchemist. I think that Ed would win due to his speed and superior destuctive capacity as well as his ingenous applications of alchemy. In addition to that, since thier personalities are so similar, Ed may manage to pull off what he did against lan fan and rile Korra up until the hot headed avatar loses her cool and gets sloppy. Provided she doesnt bring up his hight first, that is

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,550 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Did everyone forget that Ed has a metal arm and leg which all earth benders can sense earth elements. She could break his arm just by squeezing her hand as we have seen scar take out Eds arm and he was rendered useless. Also Ed isn't that fast at transmuting something he always claps and bends over to hit the ground or touch a wall which isn't faster than someone swinging there arm with little movement. At that point he wound of been knocked out by an earth attack which korra has shown to be able to do even while dodging which is pretty cool if you ask me. Most of the stuff ed does to her he can bend. Ed really doesn't have much to bring to the table when it comes to fighting an avatar. But he can handle her but i don't think he can win. Like Hofan said when she starts learning her avatar powers she's really just going to flick him away cause he wouldn't be much of a fight. How she is right now she can still beat him. Ed has a nice small chance of winning not as much as everyone here says he does but he has a nice amount.

By time the show is over This will be a RAPE THREAD

@Whats_out_the_bag said:

Did everyone forget that Ed has a metal arm and leg which all earth benders can sense earth elements. She could break his arm just by squeezing her hand as we have seen scar take out Eds arm and he was rendered useless. Also Ed isn't that fast at transmuting something he always claps and bends over to hit the ground or touch a wall which isn't faster than someone swinging there arm with little movement. At that point he wound of been knocked out by an earth attack which korra has shown to be able to do even while dodging which is pretty cool if you ask me. Most of the stuff ed does to her he can bend. Ed really doesn't have much to bring to the table when it comes to fighting an avatar. But he can handle her but i don't think he can win. Like Hofan said when she starts learning her avatar powers she's really just going to flick him away cause he wouldn't be much of a fight. How she is right now she can still beat him. Ed has a nice small chance of winning not as much as everyone here says he does but he has a nice amount.

By time the show is over This will be a RAPE THREAD

Ed doesn't need to clap his hands for anything, he only did that in the beginning because he wasn't aware that he could transmute without a transmutation circle. Hell all he has to do is touch anything and its over, Ed can make a pistol out of his hand and shoot her to death if he wants to. And I highly doubt she'll do that because it'll be out of character just like Ed shooting her, however if the two were blood lusted I'd favor Ed.

@TheNobody:

Ed doesn't need to clap his hands for anything

When did this happen, I would like a scan of it

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel