Konan vs Deidara

Topic started by Obito on Jan. 28, 2013. Last post by WhiteLion 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by Obito (578 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Win by Death or K.O. 
No prep. 
Morals are on. 
Both start in the air. Deidara is on his Clay bird. Konan is hovering. 
Both begin 26 ft. away. 
Who wins?

Post by nishi99 (1,663 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Kohan would own him.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,034 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Could go either way. Konan is way smarter than Deidara. But Deidara can use the microscopic bombs and other spam attacks.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,902 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@nishi99 said:

Konan would own him.

Post by xlab3000 (1,393 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Konan

Post by taichokage (13,011 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I think Deidara or draw. Konan's best abilities are easily avoided by Deidara who characteristically flies most of the time, whereas most of his bombs have a larger area of affect save Konan's 1 time jutsu which is also avoidable by air. If he couldn't tag her with c2, C4 would definitely work and if that failed he blows the both of them away. I know Konan is smarter and was in Pain's inner circle but she actually was moderately impressive at best. I do like that she almost blasted Tobi to death though.
Post by WhiteLion (153 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Deidara. Konan is getting owned. The only reason she did good against Tobi was because she had prep time and knew he was coming. There is no prep time in this battle, and she sure as hell isn't using that billion of exploding tag jutssu because there is no prep. When Deidra himself only has to fly up super high, and drop down his Village Buster Jutsu C4

Post by Vaccine (30 posts) See mini bio Level 6

I'm gonna go with Deidara here.

There's no way that she can pull off defense against Deidara's explosives with her paper. The only way out of this battle where she may be victorious is if she manages to pull off the crazy move that she used on Tobi during their fight.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,034 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Vaccine: The ocean of paper bomb was due to a considerable amount of prep. Without it, I highly doubt that move is possibly for her.

Post by Dream (7,489 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Going with Konan for this match. Deidara's clay bird isn't as maneuverable and fast in the air as Konan's paper wings and while in the air, Deidara's only decent attacks he can pull on Konan would be his C1 as his bigger attacks in this scenario will either be impractical or lack the range to hit Konan, who could easily evade them. Konan has more flexible options with how she can engage Deidara here as she could resort to paper clones to throw off Deidara's C1 attacks and make use of paper projectiles and explosive tags to attack Deidara from a safe range as his clay bird would be too slow to evade heavy attacks coming from Konan.

Post by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (60 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Without prep Konan get STOMP

Post by Vaccine (30 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@UltimateHero0406: True. Looks like Konan's chances of victory are even slimmer now.

@Dream:

Bro, Deidara has attacks that are big enough to blow up a whole damn village. Konan's not evading that.

@WhiteLion: C-3 is only useful for Deidara though for either a bomb drop run or as a diversionary tactic, as seen with his only use of it in his battle with Gaara. He's not gonna be able to lob it easily against Konan and since both are in flight, she's not gonna be anywhere near the explosion when it detonates.

@Dream: Konan has never been proven to be nearly as agile as Deidara on the bird or even as fast. Deidara was also going to use in his battle against the Tsuchikage, bro. Konan isn't escaping a Village Level Explosion. She has no way to defend against that man.

@WhiteLion: Konan's Dance of the Shikigami allows her to disperse her body into many pieces of paper and move very quickly between locations, which is her major advantage in this match since both are airborne. She has thousands of sheets of paper on her, meaning she could overwhelm Deidara with enough paper attacks to hit him with and even rig explosive tags to the sheets to ensure he can't get away from her. And I wouldn't exactly call Deidara's clay bird fast and maneuverable when Kakashi was capable of keeping up with it on the ground during the Gaara Rescue arc and tagging it with a Kamui.

While Deidara has the more destructive attacks, his strongest attacks require quite a bit of prep which he won't have with Konan hammering away at him with paper attacks and as I've discussed, he wouldn't even be in a good position to use those attacks since he's in the air on his bird. His only effective attacks for this fight would be C1, which Konan should have no problem evading.

@Dream:

Man, I logged on just to debate you. Not trying to be rude, Dream but no.

You know Kumai is nearly an instant technique that sucks something into another dimension right?, and Deidara wasn't exactly trying to run away, if he wanted to all he had to do is fly up straight. Deidara was fast enough to keep up with Oonoki, and Gaara in mid air combat. The reason why. I'm not worried about Konan's Dance of Shikigami is because she has never been shown fast enough or capable of such speed in order to dodge a whole village explosion. Yes she can seperate, but it's not like she can reform her whole body from one sheet of paper., and no bro Deidara was completely covered inside of Gaara's sand, and blew himself out of it. With konan, she isn't going to able to dodge A C3 nor is she going to be able to counter the C4. If she breaths it bro she's going to die.

I'm not saying Konan gets stopped, but Konan isn't using her billions of explosion tag jutsu. That's her only way to really to take him, out. I know she has paper jutsu, but hell even when she reforms Deidara is the type of person to a few of those clay ants on a sheets of paper, and when and if they return to konan. She's going to get blown to bits.

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

i dont consider konan to be a weak member of the akatsuki, but deidara takes this.

explosive clay > paper bombs

Post by Donofwar11 (15 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I think it could go either way

Deidara was fast enough to keep up with Oonoki

In movement speed, sure. But he wasn't shown evading any attacks while at that speed. Gaara's sand isn't as fast as the speed Onoki was flying at, yet Deidara on his clay bird was struggling to be sure he wasn't tagged by the sand attacks when the fool underestimated him. He lost an arm in that battle due to getting cocky.

The reason why. I'm not worried about Konan's Dance of Shikigami is because she has never been shown fast enough or capable of such speed in order to dodge a whole village explosion. Yes she can seperate, but it's not like she can reform her whole body from one sheet of paper., and no bro Deidara was completely covered inside of Gaara's sand, and blew himself out of it. With konan, she isn't going to able to dodge A C3 nor is she going to be able to counter the C4. If she breaths it bro she's going to die.

What has you even thinking he's gonna have the time to prep them quickly? The quickest attacks that Deidara can prepare are C1s, while his bigger ones (the C3 and C4) take longer to put together. The reason I'm bringing up Konan's Dance of the Shikigami is because it would allow her to evade his C1s easily and get in on Deidara quickly before the guy even has time to prepare them. As I keep trying to tell you, he's not gonna have time to prepare those attacks because Konan will close in on the kill before he has a chance to unleash his bigger attacks.

I know she has paper jutsu, but hell even when she reforms Deidara is the type of person to a few of those clay ants on a sheets of paper, and when and if they return to konan. She's going to get blown to bits.

She's not stupid. Both are in Akatsuki, so both would obviously have some sort of knowledge on one another. Only differences being that Konan's style of fighting with her paper jutsu are more versatile than Deidara's are and she doesn't get hot-headed about her abilities like Deidara usually does. Just because he has more destructive attacks doesn't necessarily mean it assures him victory considering what has to be done to prepare them.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel