Komatsu vs Krillin

Topic started by takashichea on Dec. 29, 2013. Last post by takashichea 11 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (14,514 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

This might be a stomp thread since I haven't read far enough in Toriko. Maybe Komatsu hasn't gained superhuman strength or abilities. We just let this sit for a while.

Battle of the Shonen Side Kicks

In this blue corner, he's a chef from IGO's five star hotel. He's Toriko's side kick and Robin, KOMATSU.

In this red corner, he's Goku's best friend who never grew an inch since the ending of Dragon Ball. He's the disciple of the Turtle Hermit, KRILLIN.

Restrictions:

• Krillin cannot fly.
  • In case Komatsu hasn't gained superhuman strength, Komatsu's knives are strong enough that they pack Toriko's punch (regal mammoth arc).

I'm just doing this for the Toriko Discussion (Manga) and the Dragon Ball wiki project. We need some wiki editors on both of them. I'm not a battle person, just some crazy bumpkin of a wiki editor promoting both franchises.

Post by taichokage (15,469 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Yeah I hate to say it but Komatsu loses this as he is now. His actual attack power should be enough to harm Krillin but he is physically inferior by a decent margin.
Post by othus12 (8,038 posts) See mini bio Level 13

komatsu could food honor krillin to the bones but it wont happen since krillin is just extremely fast.

Post by ChromeDisaster (1,102 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Give Komatsu about 50 more chapters and he could potentially win this via Food Honor and his Melk Derous Knife since a single swing of that knife is capable of mountain busting.

@ChromeDisaster: indeed that derous knife could do far more dangerous stuff. just look at how setsuno and joa use theirs.

Post by YoungChief (556 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Wait why does Komatsu suddenly have enough power to harm Krillin again? He doesn't, it's not even close, where are you getting mountain level from? And since fucking when is mountain level enough to destroy Krillin anyway? I was under the impression that this was EOS Krillin, Krillin knocks his head off and no Krillin was never in any danger from the Knife. Read the OP again, "Komatsu's knives are strong enough that they pack Toriko's punch (regal mammoth arc)" are you actually implying that Regal Mammoth arc Toriko has enough firepower to even scratch EOS Dragonball characters?

Komatsu can solo the Attack on Titan verse but he's not touching EOS Dragonball fighters, not in your wildest fanboy wetdreams is that happening anytime soon, maybe, MAYBE EOS Komatsu can. But that's years away from now

Post by gokugx (413 posts) See mini bio Level 17

: You gave me a link for battle forum rules which said battle of 2 different universes is not allowed. But you did here, is that mean i can make Bills vs Superman thread ?

Post by Vapovile (2,223 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

@gokugx: DBZ vs anyone from the superman family are banned. Battles from other universes are allowed though, just not DBZ and Superman.

Post by Kobra678 (3,553 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@gokugx: What it meant by no Universe battles was something like "Narutoverse vs One Piece verse".

@Vapovile said:

@gokugx: DBZ vs anyone from the superman family are banned. Battles from other universes are allowed though, just not DBZ and Superman.

Got it. Then how about Hulk vs Broly ?

@YoungChief: nobody said that.actually kirlin stomps we all know it.

however there is a case in which komatsu's attacks would actually work

if krillin is distracted/ not aware of the attack.

99% of the dragon ball characters durability(speed and punching power too btw) comes from ki barriers (excluding majin buu). that explains why tao pai pai died because of a grenade or why vegeta scouter got crushed just by gohan falling on him. and why trunks on super saiyan got defeated with a measly a karate chop. more recent examples include piccolo getting knocked out with chopsticks due to speedblitz. now the Z fighters arent exactly aware of their environment. they rely too much on ki. that's why even vegeta EoS couldnt realize bills was behind him. in other words: attacks on blindspots(that arent ki based) work. in fact frieza got defeated like that because he couldnt sense ki. even though it was a freaking laser of death it seems DBZ characters are unaware of their surroundings.

food honor could certainly work since is not a ki based attack and if krillin doesnt have a ki barrier on it could do fatal damage. not saying krilin without ki is grenade level but at tops he is low mountain level considering goku is a 40 tonner without ki.

Post by Vapovile (2,223 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

@gokugx: Go right ahead, I just searched the site for the battle and nobody has made it yet. Just make sure to provide all the info for the battle, and indicate if we are using the normal Savage Hulk or Worldbreaker. And if planet busting is allowed.

Krillin

@othus12 said:

@YoungChief: nobody said that.actually kirlin stomps we all know it.

however there is a case in which komatsu's attacks would actually work

if krillin is distracted/ not aware of the attack.

99% of the dragon ball characters durability(speed and punching power too btw) comes from ki barriers (excluding majin buu). that explains why tao pai pai died because of a grenade or why vegeta scouter got crushed just by gohan falling on him. and why trunks on super saiyan got defeated with a measly a karate chop. more recent examples include piccolo getting knocked out with chopsticks due to speedblitz. now the Z fighters arent exactly aware of their environment. they rely too much on ki. that's why even vegeta EoS couldnt realize bills was behind him. in other words: attacks on blindspots(that arent ki based) work. in fact frieza got defeated like that because he couldnt sense ki. even though it was a freaking laser of death it seems DBZ characters are unaware of their surroundings.

food honor could certainly work since is not a ki based attack and if krillin doesnt have a ki barrier on it could do fatal damage. not saying krilin without ki is grenade level but at tops he is low mountain level considering goku is a 40 tonner without ki.

So its back to split durability again, I fucking knew it. The scene with Tao gets brought up a lot, but again, I have to mention that a grenade that Tao brought out to kill Kid Goku with could not have been an ordinary one. Besides that he didn't even die from the explosion, he willingly turned himself into a Cyborg with the money he had left. Vegeta was beat to hell by the time Gohan fell on him, he took a X4 Kaioken Kamehameha and a Spirit Bomb, I think we can cut Vegeta some slack here. Vegeta couldn't sense Bills maybe because Bills was too fast? Bills did after all blitz SSJ3 Goku in his face and KO him.

Trunks defeated in Super Saiyan form by a karate chop? Gee it could be that the fighters in DBZ are just really strong, but nope, no one wants to accept that for some reason, gotta invent a split durability system that makes no sense because characters like Goku from day one could take machine gun fire to the face with NO ki whatsoever. Bills, the God of Destruction defeats Piccolo with chopsticks, again, DBZ characters have way more striking power than people give them credit for, on top of that it's one of the DBZ verse's literal God Tier characters. Frieza, beat to hell and OUT OF KI, because he spent the last bit that Goku gave him in a vain attempt to kill him, was still able to tank a planet explosion while cut in fucking half but nope, DBZ characters have split durability right? Keep in mind that Goku harmed Frieza with punches the whole battle, but nope, split durability, makes so much fucking sense right.

@YoungChief:convince me that a grenade that goes poof is moon level. just try. i dare you. because that's the estimate level for tao am i right?

now please tell me how that karate chop was planet level, im waiting. because that's the minimum required to beat a super saiyan straight on. and why would vegeta use an attack that could destroy a whole planet against his son.

and no vegeta wasnt even fighting bills at that time he was just standing in midair get your facts right. he was looking for him and he didnt realized he was behind until bills went: im here dude.

Goku from day one could take machine gun fire to the face with NO ki whatsoever.

vegeta was about to die by a common katana. even if he were totally out of stamina and about to die his phisiology should be able to destroy that katana on contact (like what happens with superman) it would be as if someone tried to kill you with a cotton candy. even if you were about to die that thing would do NO DAMAGE.

not to mention yajirobe cut his tail when he was at his strongest point. how could that be? OH WAIT he was distracted.

the whole frieza argument was not about his durability. it was about his awareness. read that again.

Post by nishi99 (2,035 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Online Now

Krillin one shots.

@othus12 said:

@YoungChief:convince me that a grenade that goes poof is moon level. just try. i dare you. because that's the estimate level for tao am i right?

now please tell me how that karate chop was planet level, im waiting. because that's the minimum required to beat a super saiyan straight on. and why would vegeta use an attack that could destroy a whole planet against his son.

and no vegeta wasnt even fighting bills at that time he was just standing in midair get your facts right. he was looking for him and he didnt realized he was behind until bills went: im here dude.

Goku from day one could take machine gun fire to the face with NO ki whatsoever.

vegeta was about to die by a common katana. even if he were totally out of stamina and about to die his phisiology should be able to destroy that katana on contact (like what happens with superman) it would be as if someone tried to kill you with a cotton candy. even if you were about to die that thing would do NO DAMAGE.

not to mention yajirobe cut his tail when he was at his strongest point. how could that be? OH WAIT he was distracted.

the whole frieza argument was not about his durability. it was about his awareness. read that again.

I never said the grenade was moon level, I just said I doubt it was the strength of your average grenade. As for striking power, look man, all I'm going to do is present you with this ok. Don't ignore the Frieza durability shit, or try to dismiss it because you know it debunks all the bullshit you're trying to spew thats why I brought it up, and here's how. Frieza, with no Ki, tanked the explosion of Namek, this is a known fact, no one can deny his durability even with a split durability system in mind. Cell, had the same cells as Frieza but was far more powerful, still got destroyed in hand to hand combat, and his Cell JRs. which were also more powerful than Super Saiyans even after training in the Room of Spirit and Time, were completely obliterated in one strike by Gohan in SSJ2, do you have an explanation for that? Anything you can say to try and downplay it? I'm not going to say that SSJ can destroy planets with punches, but I will say that for whatever reason they CAN harm people with planet level durability, and outright destroy them like Gohan did.

Krillin has superhuman strength and he was wielding the Katana. Also Vegeta was weakened, even Superman's durability goes down if he loses a lot of energy because it affects his bio-electric aura (granted he's super durable without it too). Their durability is enhanced by ki, this is very much true, this is why weaker characters can't harm more powerful ones. So naturally if Vegeta was weakened, his durability would be lower, and Krillin having super human strength doesn't hurt either, Yajirobe cut his tail because the tail is the weakest and most vulnerable part of a Saiyan, come on that's just too easy.

EDIT: As for why Vegeta would do that to his own son, come on, this is Vegeta! He probably figured if he couldn't take it he wasn't his son anyway, Vegeta is known for being a freaking tank when it comes to taking hits lol

@YoungChief: cell got destroyed in H2H combat sure. those were ki imbued strikes. hell toriyama himself said that their characters use ki to enhance their power. those punches were pretty much the same as ki blasts. a serious punch from SSJ2 has planet level potency i never said it didnt. ok lets say vegeta stomped trunks...how about vegeta one shotting goku (who was FAR stronger) just because goku wasnt aware? i can understand trunks but goku?.

krilin was barely able to walk. wasnt that the reason you debunked vegeta getting crushed by gohan? oh the irony.

show me frieza on panel taking namek's explosion to the face. the fact goku was running for his life counters that. now that BOG is out its proven saiyans can breath in outer space so yeah another contradiction right there no need for goku to feel fear if he can tank a planet explosion and breathe in space.

now if yajirobe was able to cut vegeta's tail because that's their most vulnerable part does that mean he could have shoved that katana up his ass and killed him from an internal hemorragy?

im not downplaying dragon ball im just questioning some inconsistencies.

in fact the series are so bad we have to bring split durability so that we can explain the inconsistencies

@othus12 said:

@YoungChief: cell got destroyed in H2H combat sure. those were ki imbued strikes. hell toriyama himself said that their characters use ki to enhance their power. those punches were pretty much the same as ki blasts. a serious punch from SSJ2 has planet level potency i never said it didnt. ok lets say vegeta stomped trunks...how about vegeta one shotting goku (who was FAR stronger) just because goku wasnt aware? i can understand trunks but goku?.

krilin was barely able to walk. wasnt that the reason you debunked vegeta getting crushed by gohan? oh the irony.

show me frieza on panel taking namek's explosion to the face. the fact goku was running for his life counters that. now that BOG is out its proven saiyans can breath in outer space so yeah another contradiction right there no need for goku to feel fear if he can tank a planet explosion and breathe in space.

now if yajirobe was able to cut vegeta's tail because that's their most vulnerable part does that mean he could have shoved that katana up his ass and killed him from an internal hemorragy?

im not downplaying dragon ball im just questioning some inconsistencies.

in fact the series are so bad we have to bring split durability so that we can explain the inconsistencies

Vegeta KO'ing Goku to me always just seemed like it was something done because it was convenient for the plot. If they had both teamed up on Fat Buu it's likely they could have actually managed to defeat it, especially with Goku having SSJ3. Other than that the only thing I can say about it is that the back of the neck is just more vulnerable than other parts of the body, its why strikes there are banned in nearly all martial arts competition settings and boxing as well

Obviously Krillin wasn't as hurt as Vegeta if he could still stand.

Come on man, we both know Frieza had no way out of there, he had no ki left how could he even fly? How could he get to a space ship? Walk? LOL we know very well why he couldn't have done that. Earlier in their battle Frieza commented on how getting caught up in the blast would cause him to lose some of his power and it didn't seem like he was worried about dying to it at all. Plus why would they show that, we were supposed to believe that Frieza had died when Goku blasted him so it would be a shock that Frieza was coming back in the next arc

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/3/37144/1127653-screenshot014.jpg

Maybe Yajirobe could have done it LOL, I'm not aware if Vegeta's Sphincter could have protected him from that, I don't think anyone in DBZ has tried kakashi's thousand years of pain, maybe it would be a top tier technique.

The only inconsistency I can find in DBZ (ignoring the anime) at the moment personally is the fact that Goku can suddenly be in space now (and that BS weight lifting thing...Come on Goku has lifted more than that before like when he tossed Giant piccolo at the 23rd), unless Frieza was just ignorant of what Saiyans could do then idk, idk how though considering Bardock went to space to challenge Frieza. If that is the case then Goku probably just assumed he couldn't be in space, even though he DID go there in Dragonball, but that was a gag feat.

In the end I'm basically never going to agree with a split durability system being used, energy is energy no matter how you cut it, and if that's what their Ki aura protects them from that's that, even if their durability is all from Ki, it doesn't suddenly mean that things that don't use Ki can just bypass it for free. I'm not even sure if that's what you yourself are implying, but I've seen way too many people say stuff like that and it bugs me.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,887 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Solar Flare + Destruto Disk FTW.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel