Kisuke Urahara vs Retsu Unohana

Topic started by WorldEater on April 20, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by WorldEater (281 posts) See mini bio Level 8
The fight takes place in Soul Society. No prep. Both are in character. Both have their zanpakutos of course. Who wins? 

Post by DBZ_universe (15,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I kinda see Urahara winning here.

Post by phantomrant (1,405 posts) See mini bio Level 10

No prep meaning no reiatsu cuffs?

Unohana's supposed Bankai can still do him in if they clash swords, even if Urahara uses gigais (which he will).

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,037 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I vote the original Kenpachi.
Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@phantomrant said:

Unohana's supposed Bankai can still do him in if they clash swords, even if Urahara uses gigais (which he will).

Her bankai has no feats, just an appearance.

Retsu might be more aggressive but Urahara can use that for his advantage, he also has fire power and his portable gigais he carries around will help him here. he can trap her into kido and attack her with high hado spells like he did against Aizen.

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Well considering unohana was the kenpachi before kenpachi i'm gonna give it to her. She was easily able to defeat him in many instances until she fully unlocked the potential he sealed away a long time ago. And the one showing of her bankai was pretty dayum scary. I mean seriously did it not make anyone else "wtf"?

Post by othus12 (7,333 posts) See mini bio Level 13

unohana destroys, he took down kenpachi like a 100 times before he managed to defeat her.

@TheNeutralOne: Her Bankai was scary as hell.

Post by taichokage (14,216 posts) See mini bio Level 20
With no prep it should go to Unohana. She is called the strongest captain prior to Zaraki surpassing her. And both of their bankai abilities are unknown. I can only assume Unohana as long as there is no prep.
Post by PrinceAragorn1 (157 posts) See mini bio Level 4

Giving it to kisuke. Even without prep, he's extremely versatile with kidou, his shikai gives huge attacks, and he's second to none in tactics. He's the perfect counter for brute fighters..

@solesamurai said:

@phantomrant said:

I said her "supposed" Bankai, which does have feats. A single drop of blood from her blade is able to completely melt off the skin and flesh of anyone that it touches. Urahara has no defense against that. That said, seeing as she was not only able to restore herself but also Kenpachi (after both of them were skelefied), Urahara has no way of killing her without prep.

@phantomrant said:

@solesamurai said:

@phantomrant said:

I said her "supposed" Bankai, which does have feats. A single drop of blood from her blade is able to completely melt off the skin and flesh of anyone that it touches. Urahara has no defense against that. That said, seeing as she was not only able to restore herself but also Kenpachi (after both of them were skelefied), Urahara has no way of killing her without prep.

Where was this stated or even shown? IIRC she released her bankai then kenpachi killed her about 3 pages later? Urahara also does have ways of defending against it such as Chikasumi no tate or blood mist Shield, or Tsupanne benihime to literally cancel the ability out. And she was also never skeletal unless I missed a chapter somewhere I'm gonna need to ask for scans of all this stuff, i don't remember reading any of this at all. Kenpachi killed her without using anything special just stabbing her, kisuke urahara has many different ways to kill her beyond that.

@solesamurai said:

Where was this stated or even shown? IIRC she released her bankai then kenpachi killed her about 3 pages later? Urahara also does have ways of defending against it such as Chikasumi no tate or blood mist Shield, or Tsupanne benihime to literally cancel the ability out. And she was also never skeletal unless I missed a chapter somewhere I'm gonna need to ask for scans of all this stuff, i don't remember reading any of this at all. Kenpachi killed her without using anything special just stabbing her, kisuke urahara has many different ways to kill her beyond that.

Let's see.... Unohana released her Bankai, which turned her sword into a blade of blood, clashed swords with Kenpachi (who was overpowered by her), leading to both of them having their skin and flesh melted off, until Unohana healed the both of them. They then resumed clashing swords, until Unohana deemed Kenpachi to have finally surpassed her, and she allowed the killing blow to be dealt to her.

Oh please, the blood mist shield not only was cracked by Shikai Ichigo's Getsuga Tensho, but was shattered by a punch from a wounded, base Yammy. Same Yammy who's completely incomparable to Unohana (or even HM Arc Kenpachi) in terms of physical strength. The shield is offering no defense whatsoever.

Tsupanne Benihime is a defense against reishi-based attacks. Unohana relies on sword slashes that's powerful enough to one-shot Kenpachi dozens of times over.

All of this is in chapter 526 : http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Bleach/Bleach-526--The-Battle?id=156768#7 (starting from there and then keep on reading till the end of the chapter)

@phantomrant said:

@solesamurai said:

Let's see.... Unohana released her Bankai, which turned her sword into a blade of blood, clashed swords with Kenpachi (who was overpowered by her), leading to both of them having their skin and flesh melted off, until Unohana healed the both of them. They then resumed clashing swords, until Unohana deemed Kenpachi to have finally surpassed her, and she allowed the killing blow to be dealt to her.

Oh please, the blood mist shield not only was cracked by Shikai Ichigo's Getsuga Tensho, but was shattered by a punch from a wounded, base Yammy. Same Yammy who's completely incomparable to Unohana (or even HM Arc Kenpachi) in terms of physical strength. The shield is offering no defense whatsoever.

Tsupanne Benihime is a defense against reishi-based attacks. Unohana relies on sword slashes that's powerful enough to one-shot Kenpachi dozens of times over.

All of this is in chapter 526 : http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Bleach/Bleach-526--The-Battle?id=156768#7 (starting from there and then keep on reading till the end of the chapter)

Yes it was cracked upon impact of an attack. Unohana's bankai has no impact force to actually damage it, therefor she can't replicate those feats with her bankai, which was the whole point of me mentioning blood mist shield, Unohana could break it with her sword, but when need be could always defend against the dripping blood from her bankai, making your point moot.

I was replying to you saying he had no defense against her bankai which is very much reishi based, unless you can prove otherwise, Tsupanne would in theory work very well.

Thank you for providing scans. I seriously couldn't remember any of what you said lol.

@solesamurai said:

Yes it was cracked upon impact of an attack. Unohana's bankai has no impact force to actually damage it, therefor she can't replicate those feats with her bankai, which was the whole point of me mentioning blood mist shield, Unohana could break it with her sword, but when need be could always defend against the dripping blood from her bankai, making your point moot.

If the shield is broken, then the blood is free to splatter on Urahara. He'll be completely open. Unohana doesn't even need Bankai for this. All she needs to back her up are healing kido and her knives.

I was replying to you saying he had no defense against her bankai which is very much reishi based, unless you can prove otherwise, Tsupanne would in theory work very well.

Urahara's Tsupanne Benihime works by analyzing the spirit particle composition and movements and countering. This isn't possible against generic sword slashes (which is of pure physical force). Urahara is once again, completely open.

@phantomrant said:

@solesamurai said:

If the shield is broken, then the blood is free to splatter on Urahara. He'll be completely open. Unohana doesn't even need Bankai for this. All she needs to back her up are healing kido and her knives.

Urahara's Tsupanne Benihime works by analyzing the spirit particle composition and movements and countering. This isn't possible against generic sword slashes (which is of pure physical force). Urahara is once again, completely open.

Like I said before I responded to your reply regarding how he would defend against her bankai. Urahara has better kido feats than Unohana by a far margin, on panel.

Once again I was responding to your reply regarding how he would defend against her bankai. i won't argue with you regarding sword fighting since urahara has next to no canon sword fighting feats.

@solesamurai said:

Like I said before I responded to your reply regarding how he would defend against her bankai. Urahara has better kido feats than Unohana by a far margin, on panel.

Once again I was responding to your reply regarding how he would defend against her bankai. i won't argue with you regarding sword fighting since urahara has next to no canon sword fighting feats.

But it wouldn't defend against her Bankai, because of the reasons I provided.

@phantomrant said:

@solesamurai said:

But it wouldn't defend against her Bankai, because of the reasons I provided.

The reasons you provided were all in situations where physical combat was involved. Urahara has the means to keep this a ranged battle which considering he has better kido and equipment he would come out victorious. Unohana would stomp him in combat however since he has like 1 on panel combat feat against Ichigo when he first got his shikai.

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

There is a reason why unohana was regarded as the kenpachi of their time and urahara was not. Unohana was capable of one shotting the kenpachi who no one hear could argue would defeat kisuke without prep. Not just once but multiple times. Then even revived him. She healed them from their flesh melting away. I don't see anyway at which urahara can take this without prep.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel