Kingdom Hearts Vs Chrono Trigger

Topic started by DJSNuva1 on Nov. 11, 2009. Last post by AgentJ 4 years, 10 months ago.
Post by DJSNuva1 (3,347 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Two of the best RPGs ever. Which is a better game for it's time??? 

Gameplay 
Plot Depth 
Character Depth 
Replay value 
Artwork (not graphics, but artwork) 
Music 
Plot complexity (different from plot depth) 
Post by Killroycantkill (70 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Chrono Trigger. Why is this even a thread?
@Killroycantkill:
LOL I have a friend who says that Kigdom Hearts is FAR superior. I've played through Chrono Trigger a few times, and IMO it is the best RPG *EVER* made, even better tha A link To The Past, or any Zelda, FF, or KH game.
Post by sinister_noob_incarnate (474 posts) See mini bio Level 3
i did not say WAY better. i said i wish chrono trigger had better graphics. its long for sure, and tons of places and stuff. but behind all of CT's plot twists (which i like) i just like KH plot way more.

i think its beacause i can relate to sora, JK, i relate to the heartless. the nobody's are cool, but the heartless just look better to me. they fit my style
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@DJSNuva1: who the heck say KH is the best rpg?
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Killroycantkill said:
" Chrono Trigger. Why is this even a thread? "
This 
@DJSNuva1 said:
" @Killroycantkill: LOL I have a friend who says that Kigdom Hearts is FAR superior. I've played through Chrono Trigger a few times, and IMO it is the best RPG *EVER* made, even better tha A link To The Past, or any Zelda, FF, or KH game. "
Zelda is not an RPG
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I never did play through Chrono Trigger.  Even though I fucking love the Kingdom Hearts series, Chrono Trigger was probably the better game for it's time.  It was new, unique, and awesome for when it hit the SNES.  When KH hit the PS2 it's concept was very interesting and bold but for the gameplay, it was done before.
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7

wtf is chrono trigger?
@FLCL1 said:
" wtf is chrono trigger? "
it is a game made by square enix, and illustrated by akira toriyama(DBZ), it often referred to as the best rpg of all time
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@cfatalis said:
" @FLCL1 said:
it is a game made by square enix, and illustrated by akira toriyama(DBZ), it often referred to as the best rpg of all time "

hmmm why is it i never heard of it :/
@FLCL1 said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @FLCL1 said:
it is a game made by square enix, and illustrated by akira toriyama(DBZ), it often referred to as the best rpg of all time "
hmmm why is it i never heard of it :/ "
it's old, bleedingly old, there's a remake for DS though
@FLCL1 said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @FLCL1 said:
hmmm why is it i never heard of it :/ "
simple answer, it is OLD
@JJOR64 said:
"I never did play through Chrono Trigger.  Even though I fucking love the Kingdom Hearts series, Chrono Trigger was probably the better game for it's time.  It was new, unique, and awesome for when it hit the SNES.  When KH hit the PS2 it's concept was very interesting and bold but for the gameplay, it was done before. "

This ^^
Post by sinister_noob_incarnate (474 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@JJOR64 said:
" I never did play through Chrono Trigger.  Even though I fucking love the Kingdom Hearts series, Chrono Trigger was probably the better game for it's time.  It was new, unique, and awesome for when it hit the SNES.  When KH hit the PS2 it's concept was very interesting and bold but for the gameplay, it was done before. "
ya final fantasy was doing it for a while, the controls and concepts were a lil off though.
KH would of been way better as a movie series. not a show, thats stupid. but i whole movie about KH with the same awesome graphics in the KH2 opener. damn that would be cool!
Post by kira112 (1,066 posts) See mini bio Level 9

this thread is ,chrono trigger ofcourse its one of the best games evar!
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@sinister_noob_incarnate: Chrono Trigger has some of the best 2D sprites ever! And those backgrounds were georgous! How could the graphics be any better?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel