Kid Buu vs Super Buu (Gohan, Piccolo, Goten and Trunks)

Topic started by danzi97 on April 25, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by danzi97 (141 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Am I the only one who noticed that in the original japanese anime version of DBZ, Kid Buu is the regarded as the strongest (that's right, not "the most dangerous") Majin?

Here's Goku's quote from episode 279: "Majin Buu, you're one dense guy, but your power, speed and recovery are all incredible! You're on a whole different level from all the Buus up to now! You're ridiculously strong!"

This episode is almost entirely filler and features a brief battle between SSJ2 Goku and Kid Buu (which messes everything we knew about power levels so far, assuming that Kid Buu is really as strong as he says). What's your opinion?

I assumed that Goku was never all-out in the whole Majin Buu Saga (according to the anime only) and he was a lot stronger than everyone else except for Kid Buu and Vegetto - this is actually implied more than once, like when he fought Gohan's clone inside of Buu's body. Following that logic, it is plausible that Kid Buu could beat Gohan Buu, right?

(JUST DON'T SAY THAT FILLER DOESN'T COUNT, THIS DISCUSSION IS BASED ON THE ANIME VERSION OF DRAGON BALL Z)

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,686 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Using the Anime version of Kid Buu he would probably wins sole because of filler inconsistencies, but logically it doesn't make any sense at all for him to win, why would Goku need to fuse to beat Buuhan even saying to Vegeta that they can't beat him as they are, yet only need SSj 2 to keep up with Kid Buu? Why would Buu absorb people if they made him weaker, it doesn't add up, Anime filler- Kid Buu wins, Manga/ Logic- Buuhan stomps.

There's some logic in it if you abstract a lot xD

I actually like this version better just because it puts Goku in a higher level...

Post by DBZ_universe (15,501 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Buuhan stomps, Buutenks stomps, Piccolobuu stomps, and Super Buu stomps. Kid buu is below any of them.

And even if we go by anime, Kid Buu still gets owned cause he is a slow Galaxy destroyer (took him unknown years to blow up a galaxy) while Buuhan is a Universal buster.

Post by Sonata (35,218 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@DBZ_universe said:

Buuhan stomps, Buutenks stomps, Piccolobuu stomps, and Super Buu stomps. Kid buu is below any of them.

And even if we go by anime, Kid Buu still gets owned cause he is a slow Galaxy destroyer (took him unknown years to blow up a galaxy) while Buuhan is a Universal buster.

True except for the Buuhan universal thing, and Kid Buu being a slow Galaxy Buster. He is or isn't there is no middle ground when it comes to that.

Post by Dream (7,241 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

Before Bills and Whis came along, Buuhan was the strongest baddie within the show's canon (not counting movies or DBGT). Buuhan should be able to pull an easy win here.

@Sonata: but Kid Buu never used his full power in a regular planet... Earth was going to be destroyed by a simple energy blast he'd thrown...

@Sonata said:

@DBZ_universe said:

True except for the Buuhan universal thing, and Kid Buu being a slow Galaxy Buster. He is or isn't there is no middle ground when it comes to that.

Well if we accept statements, then yes but none of that... he isn't.

@danzi97: Same with Buuhan, he could had blown the planet with his nose.

@DBZ_universe: I know, but we have to accept statements if there's no official power-level... why would Goku lie about that anyway? no one but him was even listening

@danzi97: If we go by that logic then Mystic Gohan is weaker than Kid Buu then?

@DBZ_universe: yeah, by that logic he is weaker than a full-power SSJ Goku (who may have had some power-up after being revived)... It's pretty inconsistent, I know

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,833 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Buuhan stomps so incredibly hard. This is a huge mismatch.

@SpeedForceSpider: did you read the full thread? Goku says that Kid Buu is stronger, and his power seems to impress Vegeta a lot more than Super Buu's did (this is all filler, though)

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,833 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@danzi97: Why do I need to? Everyone here seems to agree Buuhan wins.

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@danzi97: Why do I need to? Everyone here seems to agree Buuhan wins.

Yup... but supposedly going by that dumb statement Kid Buu which IDK how>Buuhan. lol

Post by eddz99 (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Buuhan stomps kid buu, but kid buu is above super buu since goku can obviously take picobuu when he said " You don't plan on fighting ME now aren't you? " Or somethin along those lines, but no gohan.

@eddz99: Super Buu is above Kid Buu

@DBZ_universe said:

Kid buu is above super buu, he may even be above non-angry buuhan since kid buu has access to all angry buuhan's power.

@eddz99 said:

@DBZ_universe said:

Kid buu is above super buu, he may even be above non-angry buuhan since kid buu has access to all angry buuhan's power.

So Kid Buu is above Mystic Gohan now?

Goku suggested Vegeta to fight Super Buu in fusion cause S. Buu was too powerful yet against Kid Buu they didn't need to fuse.

@DBZ_universe said:

@eddz99 said:

@DBZ_universe said:

So Kid Buu is above Mystic Gohan now?

Goku suggested Vegeta to fight Super Buu in fusion cause S. Buu was too powerful yet against Kid Buu they didn't need to fuse.

How do you explain goku's statement?

@eddz99 said:

Buuhan stomps kid buu, but kid buu is above super buu since goku can obviously take picobuu when he said " You don't plan on fighting ME now aren't you? " Or somethin along those lines, but no gohan.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel