Kid Buu vs Hal Jordan

Topic started by deathmonger on Jan. 11, 2012. Last post by katanalauncher 6 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by deathmonger (1,036 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Knowledge

Morals off

No BFR

Speed equal

Fight takes place in a empty NY

Pre Flashpoint Hal

VS

Post by taichokage (12,588 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Well, no posts so far. I'll start. Well Hal's powers are tremendously versatile but Buu is virtually unkillable. Buu has great destructive power but Hal could probably handle them himself. Buu also can transmute matter but once again Hal's barrier should prevent him from being affected. They can both survive in space, fly, Buu can teleport and Hal can open portals, and so on. They have a counter for virtually everything that one another has. I see this as a long stalemate. The only realistic way I could see this ending is Buu possibly being able to override Hal's barriers with a dimensional scream which technically Kid Buu didn't demonstrate.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Hal would win. His barriers are strong enough to endure any blast from Kid Buu as Hal once used his barriers to protect himself from a supernova at blank point range and he was just fine so I don't really see Kid Buu breaking through those barriers. Not to mention that Kid Buu's matter manipulation is nowhere near as impressive as Hal's. A less powerful Green Lantern in John nearly reconstructed an entire solar system which is more impressive than turning defenseless ordinary humans into candy. Hal's constructs are also very strong. His blasts are powerful enough to harm even Superman who is more durable than Kid Buu but lacks the villain's insane regenerative abilities. The problem would be Kid Buu's regeneration however, Hal would get past that soon enough either by vaporizing him or altering his physical structure.

ND

@Newdeath: @Newdeath:

This is Deathmonger's brother

I agree Hal is stronger and Buu could not break through his barrier but with that in mind I still say Buu FTW. Buu fires his strongest volley at Hal forcing him to put up a strong barrier at which point Buu either instant transmissions inside Hal's barrier and destroys him with a blast or punch to the head OR Buu instant transmits inside of Hal himself, yes in his body no morels remember, and bursts out of him with either raw strength or an energy blast, BAM Hal is no more!

Post by Butcher_Pete (51 posts) See mini bio Level 5

I cant recall one time that Buu has IT'd inside of someone... you think he would have done that to Goku, no? I highly doubt that it was his morals stopping him from doing so, considering he was evil and trying to kill them anyways. It's more than likely that it's just not something that Buu is capable of. As for the winner of this battle, Im going to side with Hal. I believe his shields are more than capable of withstanding Buu's attacks.

@deathmonger: Kid Buu can't use IT because he doesn't have it. Kid Buu teleports. I don't think Kid Buu can teleport inside the barrier of an opponent though. Anyway, Hal wins. If Kid Buu resists his physical structure being altered into something useless then maybe he'll win.

ND

Post by 3ds24 (21 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I never read the green lantern butt this be a draw cause almost have the same power as each other

Post by PikminMania (88 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@deathmonger said:

I agree Hal is stronger and Buu could not break through his barrier but with that in mind I still say Buu FTW. Buu fires his strongest volley at Hal forcing him to put up a strong barrier at which point Buu either instant transmissions inside Hal's barrier and destroys him with a blast or punch to the head OR Buu instant transmits inside of Hal himself, yes in his body no morels remember, and bursts out of him with either raw strength or an energy blast, BAM Hal is no more!

What makes you think that Hal couldn't take a hit form Buu? He takes hits from people like Atrocitus who (feats wise) are much stronger than Buu. Also, you need to focus to use instant transmission, and in the time need to do it Buu would've already gotten hit by a variety of constructs.

Post by MisterShin (2,122 posts) See mini bio Level 14
1. Buu does not use IT, he uses Kai Kai to teleport.  
Its the Kaioshin version of teleporting, no focusing or ki sensing required. 

2. Goku can teleport into buildings, i dont see why buu cant. (Hell Goku teleported into an aeroplane whilst it was in the air before) 

3. teleporting into a persons body should be possible for Buu.  
Considering he can create miniature versions of himself at will. 

@PikminMania said:

@deathmonger said:

What makes you think that Hal couldn't take a hit form Buu? He takes hits from people like Atrocitus who (feats wise) are much stronger than Buu. Also, you need to focus to use instant transmission, and in the time need to do it Buu would've already gotten hit by a variety of constructs.

I did not post this my brother did

Post by Phoenix_Wright (124 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@MisterShin: I spy....a contradiction! You say that Buu should be able to teleport inside of someone, correct? Well then quite frankly, I find that hard to believe! These are assumptions, we see the things Buu can do but teleporting inside someone is not one of them. For example if he could do that, why would he need to absorb people the way he did? Why not just take them over from the inside? Also although similar in concept, I don't think teleporting inside buildings and teleporting inside a manifested shield are the same, I mean I have never seen a DBZ character teleport inside another fighter's ki shield so teleporting inside Hal's barrier seems a bit far fetched... I mean Goku and Vegeta couldn't simply teleport out of Buu when they were absorbed, not only that but we know there is a limit, while Goku can teleport to places like Kinga Kia's planet, I don't know if they can teleport in and out of places like the time chamber. I will say this though, it is "possible" that Buu could teleport inside of energy shields but I have not seen anyone in DBZ do anything like that.

Post by ClaudXP (11 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Well...Buu can turn people into candy and almost is completely impossible to kill.

@ClaudXP:

We know Buu is not impossible to kill, considering Gotenks was about to kill Super Buu himself, it just takes a lot of power:

Yes he would have to literally be reduced to nothing however the fact still stands he can die. Also, keep in mind that while Buu does have his chocolate beam, it can be blocked or simply dodged, as long as Hal has his shield it should not be hard for him to block the chocolate beam. Also Hal has very impressive energy absorption and manipulation, he has used his ring to even put Superman and his souls back into their original bodies as well as being able to shrink himself down to the point where atoms look giant compared to him, using these on buu and the fact that Hal himself can move faster than light, this should be enough to do Buu in. I mean we are talking about a guy who can devolve human evolution, turn energy blast into confetti, people into animals, rearrange genetic material ect, I think Hal just outclasses Buu, the only drawback I can think of is Hal's durability which has only been capped at planetary level (With the ring of course.)

Post by rpgr (45 posts) See mini bio Level 3

@Phoenix_Wright: While Hal can travel FTL, his battle speed isn't FTL, it's not even half light speed. Also, a lot of the feats are PIS and WIS which don't count (putting souls back is a great example). There is literally nothing in Hal's arsenal that is sub atomic destruction. At most, rings are at planetary levels as a safeguard precaution, especially after the John Stewart incidents. Fight goes to Buu on account that ring will be long out of power before Buu is defeated.

Superman and DBZ when not at PIS and WIS level are about even in strength. Superman and WW are shown to be able to consistently break Lantern constructs (by different writers on many occasions). I'd say Buu does the same. Without Avatar or multi-ring capabilities, Jordan just doesn't have enough power to kill Buu on a subatomic level.

This appraisal reverses though if Jordan is using an Avatar or is slinging tons of rings like Rayner.

Post by KingOfSnipers (435 posts) See mini bio Level 11

No DB character is "about even in strength" with post-Crisis Superman before the reboot. The best strength feat in the entire manga is Goku kicking Frieza through a couple of islands on Namek.

@rpgr: I have a problem with your testimony! First off, while Hal may not have FTL reflexes the have been shown to be enough to keep up with the Flash and even capture him on one occasion, although it would be correct to say that his actual fighting speed is not nearly as fast as his flight speed (Punches and kicks) however his flight and reaction speed seem almost on par, his reactions are at least light speed as shown here, he is keeping up with the Flash who is running at light speed, and reacting to everything even firing off his lantern ring:

His ring can also protect him from things like mind attacks and intangibility, and react to Flash who moves faster than thought, he is capable of blocking both. The guy has even caught Flash and Zoom before as well, both of those guys ran circles around Superman and the rest of the JLA, that is not PIS, CIS or WIS since it has happened many times, it's almost a regular feat and one of his only reaction feats.

Also in all concrete proof, there is nothing to suggest that DBZ characters are on par with Superman in terms of raw power (Maybe if they enhance their attacks with ki, but not raw power) Also you said that Hal cannot "Kill" Buu on a sub atomic level? Well he doesn't have to, the Lantern ring allows Hal to still mess with the molecular structure of things, he can keep manipulating Buu's and keep him trapped with his ring, however that is kinda stretching it, however Hal can send things through time, he can BFR Buu,.

I don't think scans are required for this since I don't want to crowd the pages, but they ring have even been able to shrink nuclear explosions to the size of firecrackers and make anti-energy attacks. You are right however planetary explosions seems to be GL's cap in power output, however the abilities the ring has should be able to at least contain Buu who is a proven casual planet buster, however by power scaling it is on a totally different level.

@Phoenix_Wright: I was about to post some Hal feats and post up an extensive case for the GL but looks like you've already done that. Well done sir :)

@ClaudXP said:

Well...Buu can turn people into candy and almost is completely impossible to kill.

He can but I don't believe he can do that to Hal. As far as we know, Buu has managed to turn defenseless humans into candy. His greatest feats were turning Dabura into chocolate and Super Buu (Absorbed Gohan, Gotenks and Piccolo) turning Vegito into candy as well. However, we all saw how turning a powerful opponent into candy turned out. It wasn't even effective against Vegito. Also, Kid Buu's not dealing with someone unfamiliar with matter manipulation. A weaker GL than Hal in John nearly managed to reconstruct an entire solar system. That far outclasses any matter manipulation that Buu has ever displayed.

ND

@Newdeath: Aww shucks! Thanks!

Post by DBZ_universe (15,425 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Online Now
very simple... Buu absorbs Hal when he doesn't exspect it. also Kid buu can use IT (from Supreme Kai) and teleport inside Hal's organs (even though that was never shown I can bet Buu can make it possible) also Buu can't die from physical hits and that's what Hal would probibly do most in this fight. but then again what if Hal locks Buu in a container wich he can't escape that would be bad for buu... cuz Hal's ring power is unbreakable (or maybe it is idk) and I doubt Hal will make size of buu... no he would possibly make it as small as it can get but also Buu can IT out of it. or Kid buu can make clones of him self and those clones would distract Hal while the main Buu can absorb him or turn his ring into chocolate. that's my point of view.

@DBZ_universe:

very simple... Buu absorbs Hal when he doesn't exspect it.

Easier said than done, "when he doesn't expect it"? This is a full battle is it not? Both starting a distance away ready to square off? How will he manage a surprise attack? Making Buu clones? You know Hal can sense things right? And react to people like Zoom and the Flash, I have a hard time believing Buu will simply get the jump on Hal, keep in mind that Hal also keeps a shield around him that protects him from mental attacks or the force of the Flash. This shield also reacts at the speed of thought. Not to mention Hal can use his ring for multiple things at once, so he can fend off pieces of Buu while attacking the real one, and still, I believe only Super and Fat Buu have done this...

also Kid buu can use IT (from Supreme Kai) and teleport inside Hal's organs (even though that was never shown I can bet Buu can make it possible)

Mr. Universe.... As a veteran of the site you should know one very important rule, when making accusations it is important to have proof to back up your claims, nothing can beat concrete evidence, I do not believe we have any sort of evidence to prove Buu can simply teleport himself inside another beings and blow them up, especially when we have seen that he has had to morph himself into a sort of liquid goo and go into a person's moth to do something like that:

And Buu does not use IT he just teleports, Goku and I think Cell or the only ones who actually use IT, considering IT requires you to lock on to KI and concentrate in order to instantly move, teleportation is a bit different, to be honest I only remember Goku, Cell and Meta-Cooler using IT.

also Buu can't die from physical hits and that's what Hal would probibly do most in this fight.

Sorry, but no, Hal mainly uses his ring in the form of energy barriers or tools depending on what he needs to do, he very rarely if ever uses physical attacks,the thing Hal is most likely to do is contain Buu in a barrier, mess with his molecular structure, and or BFR him, all of these he was shown to do in the scans above.

but then again what if Hal locks Buu in a container wich he can't escape that would be bad for buu... cuz Hal's ring power is unbreakable (or maybe it is idk)

No, plenty of people have broken through his barriers actually, it just takes a lot, Buu is more than capable of blocking it, since at the least it can block a 300 megaton explosion (Not enough to destroy a planet by the way) at most he has been shown to contain things that could destroy earth without much trouble, nevetheless he is capped at being able to contain planet busting things in the orb and Buu can casually dish that out, not to mention the super Buu feat of yelling a dimension. Still, Hall can simply contain buu and keep altering his structure, I mean he made a nuke basically a firecracker, imagine what he would do to Buu. Hal could also simly BFR him once he has him contained.

and I doubt Hal will make size of buu... no he would possibly make it as small as it can get but also Buu can IT out of it. or Kid buu can make clones of him self and those clones would distract Hal while the main Buu can absorb him or turn his ring into chocolate. that's my point of view.

Hal has used that ring to shrink him and others down to the point that atoms looked gigantic, and made barriers that covered the entire JLA spaceship and even planets (I think), I don't see a single reason why he could not make a barrier to cover Buu who is smaller than he is, Buu has never even shown the ability to make himself big to the point Hal could not contain him. A better argument would be if Hal could catch Buu. As for teleporting out of it, I don't think so, Hal has made that ring so that the Flash could not vibrate his molecules and get through (I think, I could be wrong on this one) however the ring can block mental blast from entering and the Flash, I don't think Buu will simply be leaving there, I think he have to bust his way out, even so, Hal will have already altered Buu's being by that point.

In the end, it comes down to speed and if Hal can put Buu down in ANY way. Buu has more than enough power to kil Hal, but does Hal have speed needed to capture Buu? And if he does can the above scans be a valid form of victory? That is the debate here.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel