Kenshin vs The Joy

Topic started by CerusSerenade on Jan. 11, 2014. Last post by CerusSerenade 9 months, 1 week ago.
Post by CerusSerenade (2,677 posts) See mini bio Level 10

The Joy has been given a mission by the U.S. to neutralize a dangerous swordsman by any means she sees fit. Kenshin is confronted in flat plain and manages to spot her and call her out, forcing combat to begin at around 20 meters.

Sceneario 1:Both are in-character and The Joy is attempting to knock Kenshin out and permanently disable him.

Scenario 2:Both are in-character but The Joy is going for the kill.

Scenario 3:Both are bloodlusted.

Kenshin is equipped with a lethal blade in scenario 3, otherwise he is using his reverse blade. The Boss has her knife and Patriot gun, but will only shoot to harm in scenarios 2 and 3 to prevent the chance of killing Kenshin, this does not mean she can't use it to perform other tasks like forcing Kenshin down a certain path or attack plan.

Post by Sonata (35,510 posts) See mini bio Level 20

As much as I like The Joy she loses all three rounds his speed with the Hiten Mitsuguri should overwhelm her.

@Sonata: You sure? Kenshin had problems evading early gatling gun fire, the Patriot is far more advanced.

@CerusSerenade: I didn't see any problems

@Sonata: Kenishin had 3 things on his side.

The person firing the gun was incredibly inexperienced, the gun jammed because of dart thrown by one of the other people killed by that gun, and Kenshin was lucky that none of the bullets touched him. If you watched that whole episode Kenshin wasn't able to even approach the guy with the gatling gun until he saw that the gun would jam and took his chances.

The Joy is FAR more experienced, won't miss, and won't have her gun jam up on her.

@CerusSerenade: I doubt luck had anything to do with dodging a bullet barrage for just a short while. It does take some skill and perhaps some aim dodging to get through. As for The Joy being more experienced than the Gatling gun guy I can agree with that, but saying she would never miss is unlikely since she has missed in the pass especially again Big Boss.

@Sonata: It's arguable that she held back due to her mission being that she had to be killed by Big Boss. Canonically, she never really used her gun against him as shown in their fight sequence in Peacewalker.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel