Kenshin Himura vs Goemon Ishikawa (Lupin III)

Topic started by Dream on June 28, 2012. Last post by Fantasma 2 years ago.
Post by Dream (7,095 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Let's have ourselves a nice old-fashioned battle to the death between swordsmen. Kenshin is in his Battousai mode for this match meaning he is willing to kill here. Battle takes place in an empty dojo with both foes 5 yards apart from each other. Who do you think would win: Rurouni Kenshin's titular swordsman or the prideful swordsman among Lupin's posse?

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

A havent seen enough of Lupine the third to make a descision, but i destinctly remember Goemon having a feat where he cut a bolt of lighting in midair

Post by nishi99 (1,564 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Kenshin is way too fast for Goemon.

Post by Dream (7,095 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
@nishi99: Goemon is a confirmed bullet-timer as he has been shown to casually hack apart fired bullets with his sword. Kenshin won't be besting Goemon easily in the speed department.
Post by asian_pride (168 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Both Goemon's and Kenshin's speed and swordsmanship can be disputed, but I think Kenshin kind of has the advantage because he is more willing to kill than Goemon. But of course, that doesn't really determine the winner 100%.

@Dream: That's true but we have never seen Goemon move as fast as Kenshin.

The more I learn about Goemon the more im rooting for him. He can react to and slice lightning, casually block machine gun fire, and his sword can cut through anything. I think that Goemon could potentially slice through kenshins blade if he wanted as he has been shown to cut through things like tanks, planes and even skyscrapers

Post by FalconC2 (349 posts) See mini bio Level 9

He cut a ship in half in the classic anime by accident. Lupin and the gang were fighting this cyborg guy, in a yacht. The scene also implied that Goeman broke the fourth wall and cut the tv screen in half. Goemon abilities are pretty inconsistent though.

I mean, I heard he cut the moon in half once but it seemed out-of-place.

@FalconC2 said:

He cut a ship in half in the classic anime by accident. Lupin and the gang were fighting this cyborg guy, in a yacht. The scene also implied that Goeman broke the fourth wall and cut the tv screen in half. Goemon abilities are pretty inconsistent though.

I mean, I heard he cut the moon in half once but it seemed out-of-place.

Yeah that sounds about right. Apperantly his sword has toonforce level cutting capabilities. However, His feats still imply that he is much faster than kenshin and that his katana should be able to slice through the sakabatou like butter despite the inconsistancies here and there. All in all i think Goemon should take this easily

Goemon beat a dragon in the anime too. However we have never seen him fighting as fast as Kenshin.

@nishi99 said:

Goemon beat a dragon in the anime too. However we have never seen him fighting as fast as Kenshin.

Doesnt matter. his reactions are more than enough to keep up and his sword would slice kenshins sakabatou cleanly in two. Goemon has casually blocked machine gun fire whereas when keshin went up against a machine gun(and an old model at that) he only survived the ordeal because the villain was toying with him and missing on purpose so I believe he has the advantage in speed as well. He also has a feat where he sliced a lightning bolt in mid air as well

@Haofan123: Yeah his reactions are fast. But how is Goemon going to hit a guy that fast?

@nishi99 said:

@Haofan123: Yeah his reactions are fast. But how is Goemon going to hit a guy that fast?

The guy cut natural lightning which is well into the hypersonic range whereas Kenshin is supersonic at best. You tell me.

True but keep in mind that Kenshin is a fighting genius and won't let Goemon hit him so easy.

And if Kenshin gets one hit on him its over.

@nishi99 said:

True but keep in mind that Kenshin is a fighting genius and won't let Goemon hit him so easy.

And if Kenshin gets one hit on him its over.

Lightning is massively hypersonic and Goemon is faster than lightning. Hypersonic speeds start at mach 5 and go up from there. Kenshin is barley clocking in at supersonic speeds,which start at mach 1. Goemon could kill kenshin before he has a chance to move.

As for your second point, the same goes for kenshin as well. Last time i checked, the Battosai wasnt immune to swords. Unfortunatley for kenshin, Goemon would land the first blow due to his massive speed advantage

@Haofan123: I would love to see that All Goemon can do is react to Kenshin. And as i said before he can't move as fast as Kenshin while fighting only react. And i know this because i've seen the show.

@nishi99 said:

@Haofan123: I would love to see that All Goemon can do is react to Kenshin. And as i said before he can't move as fast as Kenshin while fighting only react. And i know this because i've seen the show.

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=693654

Heres a video of his feats and a thread that sheds some light on them

The video doesn't work bro. But lets put it this way can Goemon move as fast as lightning.

@nishi99 said:

The video doesn't work bro. But lets put it this way can Goemon move as fast as lightning.

yes. like ive said about five times before, He cut a bolt of lightning in two. That is better than anything kenshin could ever dream of doing. Te thread I posted backs this up. In addition to that his sword has toonforce level cutting abilites. Kenshins sakabatou would be cut like butter

Right like ive said five times before Goemon can react to lightning but not move as fast as lightning.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel