Kenpachi Zaraki vs. Kratos: The Battle of the Bad-Asses

Topic started by Carter_esque on Nov. 12, 2013. Last post by TheNeutralOne 11 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Carter_esque (577 posts) See mini bio Level 10

The Rules...

1. No speculation can be about Kenpachi's recent power boost as we have no feats to reference as of yet.
  2. All of Ken's anime/manga feats can be used.
  3. Morals: In character
  4. Prep: This is a random encounter but Kratos has prior knowledge about Kenpachi. Kenny was given the chance to learn about Kratos from Soul Society's Research Bureau but rejected the intel bc he said that knowing anything about his opponent beforehand would be like "spoiling his dinner".
  5. Weapons/Powers: Kratos has: The Blades of Athena and the Boots of Hermes (in order to increase his speed enough to keep up w/ Kenny). Kratos can't use any magic in this fight.
  6. Kratos can access Rage of Sparta but only 'when' and/or 'if' Kenpachi decides to "get serious" and take his eye-patch off or if needed.
  7. Location: Nara Clan Forest (Naruto-verse), 20 feet away from each other

Who wins and why?

Post by Kobra678 (3,344 posts) See mini bio Level 15

From what i've seen of Kenpachi (isn't much) Kratos wins.

I stopped watching Bleach a while ago though.

@Kobra678 said:

From what i've seen of Kenpachi (isn't much) Kratos wins.

I stopped watching Bleach a while ago though.

At which point did you stop specifically? Bc I can get you up to speed on his feats if need be.

@Carter_esque: The most recent Kenpachi I've seen was when he and Byakuya killed Yami.

Post by 18hunt (217 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Kratos most likely

@18hunt: Why's that?

@Kobra678 said:

@Carter_esque: The most recent Kenpachi I've seen was when he and Byakuya killed Yami.

Okay well he's done a lil' bit more since then. He has two notable feats in the current "Thousand Year Blood War" arc.

First, he took out three Sternritter single-handedly. The Sternritter are a Nazi-ish army mostly made up of Quincy and enslaved Arrancars called The Wandenreich. They invaded Soul Society and strategically defeated the Gotei 13 ranks rather easily; they achieved this by stealing the Captains' Bankai abilities. Unfortunately for them, Kenny didn't have one for them to steal. After killing the three Sternritter, he skewered them on his zanpakuto and carried their bodies on his back until he finds and confronts their leader, Emperor Yhwach . He explains how he killed them here:

Then he wastes no time attacking Yhwach head on:

I don't wanna spoil anything about the outcome so I'm just gonna skip to his next feat which is much more important bc it involves him finally learning the name of his zanpakuto!!! Now you remember Captain Unohana, the chick who never fights and basically just heals the wounded? Well it turns out that long ago, before she turned into a panty-waist, she was actually a complete bad-ass. She held the title of 'Kenpachi' before Zaraki did! Well in order to help him finally reach his hidden potential so he'd be strong enough to be a factor in the impending second invasion, she decided to fight him in a death match until he pushed past his limits to access his latent power She did this at the behest of the new acting General of the Gotei 13, Shunsui Kyōraku:

Having finally slain Unohana (and regrettably so bc he wanted to keep fighting lol), Kenpachi's zanpakuto calls out to him almost immediately afterward.

So there you have it. Does this give Kenpachi a better chance in this battle now?

Edited by Takashichea

Removing Spoilers for Kobra.

Post by takashichea (13,163 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@Carter_esque:

You pretty much spoiled Kobra by posting scans.

@takashichea said:

@Carter_esque:

You pretty much spoiled Kobra by posting scans.

Naw, this still doesn't give him the whole story. I didn't post hardly any of the actual fighting done in either feat.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,677 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@takashichea: Well that's kinda going to happen in a battle forum where all feats available are analyzed and used to assess strength, it's the risk you take when you come here. How else are we supposed to prove points?

Online Now

@Carter_esque:

Cool, I fixed your comment. Had to censor the results and background information of Unohana.

Online Now

@CerusSerenade:

Didn't know that. That's just like wiki editing. The only difference is that spoilers tags aren't allowed on the wiki pages. You can still put spoiler tag in the forum threads.

@Carter_esque:

I guess I goofed. Sorry Carter. Though, you need to remove the watermarks. I removed one already. This community promotes getting manga and anime the legal way. I know most folks can't afford it due to location, money, and other factors. Just remove the watermarks.

@Carter_esque: How much stronger does he get when he learns the name of his Zanpakuto? Just from what you posted above, I don't see anything that gives him an edge. Kratos is most likely still physically stronger since he stopped Atlas (the titan that holds up the earth) from squishing him. I think that shunpo could help Kenny here, but I don't remember him ever using it, so speed should probably go to Kratos as well due to the Boots.

Kratos can fight both from a distance and up close and be good. With a katana, Kenpachi's gonna be forced depend on close up fighting, and if he takes a blow from Kratos, it's gonna hurt. IMO Kenpachi's got nothing on him.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,736 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Kenpachi kills Kratos.

Since all anime feats are allowed, Kenpachi can just protect him self with reiatsu and cut down Kratos.

Boots of Hermis were not that fast, Kenpachi is still faster.

Post by Thitiki (44 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Kratos wins dude was slaying gods like it was child's play.

Post by 5th (1,298 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Kenpachi is physically inferior to Kratos.

Kratos should win this with some difficulty.

@Thitiki said:

Kratos wins dude was slaying gods like it was child's play.

Those Gods were weak compared to actual mythos Gods.

Kenpachi is faster and can Kendo Kratos.

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I say Kratos wins after a good fight.

Post by Thitiki (44 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@DBZ_universe: As stated above Kratos is physically stronger and his blades have a really long reach to cut down Zaraki.

@Thitiki said:

@DBZ_universe: As stated above Kratos is physically stronger and his blades have a really long reach to cut down Zaraki.

And to cut Zaraki is gonna be hard since of his reiatsu. In the anime he used it against Zenbonsakura-Kageyoshi....

Even if Kratos is physically stronger, he is slower than Zaraki.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel