Kenpachi Zaraki vs Deadpool

Topic started by DBZ_universe on Sept. 9, 2010. Last post by hitsusatsu11 3 years, 10 months ago.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@DJSNuva1: No, We were talking about how Hollywood didn't crack the code for comic book LA movies until recently. Yet again, I will state this 
I NEVER SAID THAT ANIME MOVIES WERE GREATER THEN COMIC MOVIES OR EVEN THAT THEIR HAS EVER BEEN A DECENT LA ADAPTATION 
The quality of LA anime movies was never the argument. We were debating if hollywood has only just recently gotten a hang of producing good adaptations.
Post by Cogito (478 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Newdeath: "Perish" means to be destroyed, cease to exist, etc, I assumed you meant die.
Post by DJSNuva1 (3,347 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@rein: Good then. I don't know why you were trying to change the argument. Since I'm still right and all... My argument is exactly and has been;

Anime Movies suck, Comic movies rock.
@DJSNuva1 said:
" @rein said:
" @DJSNuva1:  Gia Did a few articles that compared sales of manga to comics a little while back, I'll see if i can find them. If not I'll look for some other numbers online. As for comic movies vs anime movies, it was only recently that Hollywood seemed to crack the secret code that allowed for comic adaptations, give it a little while and I'm sure they will eventually learn how to adapt manga too (hollywood is nothing if not creative) "
LOL yeah right, the first Batman with Michael Keaton was a success at the box office in 1987, yet you say they "just cracked the code." It is a fact that comic movies FAR surpass any anime adaptation movie, just look at it this way... What had more success, The Death Note Movie, or Batman Begins? "
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Cogito: I didn't mean it literally. 

ND
@rein: You misunderstand my statement. The idea is, there is no "code" to good anime movies. Do you know why? Because they just plain old suck..My argument there is that that whole code thing is wrong. Like I said, even before "recent" times, there were still successful movies in many comic franchises, including but not limited to the Batman and Superman movies. 

It is a fact that comic movies FAR surpass any anime adaptation movie,  

AKA 

Anime Movies suck, Comic movies rock
@DJSNuva1:  And why do Anime Movies "plain old suck?" It was only recently that Hollywood has even attempted to adapt anime and manga into LA movies, just because their hasn't been a successful one yet, doesn't mean it will never happen.
@rein said:
" @DJSNuva1:  And why do Anime Movies "plain old suck?" It was only recently that Hollywood has even attempted to adapt anime and manga into LA movies, just because their hasn't been a successful one yet, doesn't mean it will never happen. "
IDK man, you tell me. Did you even ever try to suffer through (Or "Perish" through, as Newdeath would say) the death note film??? I don't know why they suck.
@DJSNuva1: Just because the first attempts haven't been successful, doesn't mean that it's impossible or even unlikely. With all the money that has been made with comic book movies in the last 10 years, Hollywood must realize that anime and manga adaptations can be another source of big revenue. I doubt that the Death note films or DBZE are going to stop them from trying to make money.
@rein: Hey, DBZE and Speed Racer had high budgets, yet they still bombed. As of yet, there's no positive progress that has been made in the genre. Not that it can't, but it certainly hasn't. 

And I'd take Superman Returns over DBZE, Death Note, Speed Racer, or any other of the live action anime fiascoes
@DJSNuva1: I feel like were going in circles. So this will be my last post on the matter. 
It doesn't matter if DBZE or speed racer had good budgets. Throwing money at a movie does not equal success. So what if the first few attempts at making anime movies have been flops?
It's extremely cliche but, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again". It may take a while, but eventually hollywood will figure out what they need to do to have lA movies be big box office hits. 
@rein: Either that, or it will never become great. It will never have any true success. It'll just fade away. I guess only time will tell.
Post by BattleHeiz (5,765 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Newdeath: Ken can just cut his limbs but if we used thom cruz deadpool with his force field swords and if we equilized their speed then he would've won cause after all he was able to beat hulk
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@battleheiz: Deadpool defeating the Hulk was one of the worst PIS moments I've ever seen.  

ND
Post by BattleHeiz (5,765 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Newdeath: Not really but yes that was a pis
Post by judge (743 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Newdeath said:
" @battleheiz: Deadpool defeating the Hulk was one of the worst PIS moments I've ever seen.   ND "
nah

spiderman>firelord still has me reeling
@judge: Blackpanther> SS still has me awe struck.
Post by Darkness1 (24 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Uh let me think..... WELL Duh Kenpachi we demolish Deadpool
Post by Rexic (99 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Dude...Tough choice,man!I would have to say Deadpool,because of his healing factor.And I have to imagine that Deadpools a little stronger cause of all the spiritual energy in Bleach.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,725 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@DJSNuva1 said:
" @rein: I'm not changing the subject! We were talking about Comic Vs Anime movies, you just stated how they didn't crack the code for good comic movies until recently, yet Batman has a film history that dates back to 1943, and has had many successful movies. Same with the Superman franchise. And then I started talking about the other side of the coin, the anime movies side, and the fact that they pretty much suck all around. Putting up a "facepalm" just proves that all your arguments have been reduced to ridicule, which proves further my 

Arguement: Anime movies suck, Comic movies rock. 

It's really a simple concept. 
"
Wow really? 

End of Evangelion is better than any comic based movie I have ever seen.  
Akira is better than any comic movie I have ever seen 

Super hero movies like the Dark Knight are really cool, but I find anime's have more substance to them. 
Of course live action adaptations of anime usually suck, except the Monster movie.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel