Kambei vs Afro

Topic started by Kobra678 on Nov. 9, 2013. Last post by Kurohige 8 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Kobra678 (2,943 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Morals: On

Prep & Knowledge: None

Takes place here

Round 1

Bloodlusted

Round 2

In character

I realize that there is another thread like this, but I feel like my OP is better. Also I really didn't want to bump a thread the hasn't been active for over 2 years.

Post by Carter_esque (577 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I haven't seen that much of Samurai 7 so I don't have an opinion until I see or read about Kambei's feats.

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Kambei looks badass, i'll go with him until further feats.Those clothes beat the afro mang.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Mmm, toughie but I'll go with Kambei. While Afro was busy taking down gunman and cyborgs, Kambei was dropping giant gundam samurai and village sized airships.

Post by GrayWolf2 (303 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Pretty sure Afro is faster so he probably takes it. Those giant gundam Kambei struggled to take down could also be taken down by arrows....just thought I'd put that in there. People act like they were all metal gears or something when they weren't even close. They were more symbolic than actually tough, if that makes any sense.

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I refuse to believe arrows could take down those gundam sized monstrosities. That would be almost as bad as air gears roller skates>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else logic.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@GrayWolf2: When were they taken down by arrows? Plus, Airships.

Post by GrayWolf2 (303 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@UltimateHero0406: At the end. The tinkerer samurai took one or even a few out that way. Several of the smaller ones got taken out by arrows during the village raid too. Not that that matters. Pretty sure the airship thing only happened once and when Kambei was dropped down. So he may have had gravity on his side. Still whether it's truly legit or not, it is an amazing feat. The problem with these characters and especially Kambei is their speed. They never really showed they were that fast. Kambei froze up a lot when encountering just regular guns and I'm pretty sure got clipped. Kyuzo would have been a better choice for this. Great striking power but not good speed and human level durability is the big weakness of Kambei. It's why when I made a battle between him and Gray Fox from metal gear I had to basically cancel it because Gray Fox would've cut him to pieces before the first swing came down. I'm picking Afro because I remember him being a bit faster than Kambei. I also personally believe the upper echelon of Rurouni Kenshin characters like Himura, Shishio, Sojiro, dear god Enishi, and oh boy Hiko Seijuro could solo all 7. Speeds a killer.

Post by Kobra678 (2,943 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Does Afro have speed over Kambei? I remember back on the Kambei vs Wrath thread you said that Kyuzo had speed on par with Zoro.

Post by Kurohige (3,681 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@Kobra678: Afro was able to deflect automatice arrow fire, a bullet, and parried the afrodroid laser canon. Kyuzo was casually deflecting laser gun and ship fire from futuristic weapons and machine gun fire at close range, Kambei and him were equal in their confrontation so no, Kambei should still be a notch or two above Afro.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel