Kakashi vs Kimimaro

Topic started by SavageBeast on Dec. 5, 2012. Last post by MisterShin 2 years ago.
Post by SavageBeast (55 posts) See mini bio Level 7
The fight takes place in an open grassy field. No prep. Kimimaro is in character. Kakashi is out of character. Shippuden Kakashi. K.O. or Death for the win.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,047 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Kakashi. If kid Lee and Gaara could give him trouble, Kakashi would have no problem. Plus genjutsu make this pretty easy.

Post by taichokage (15,462 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Kakashi, at least as of his recent mastery of Kamui would win. Possibly even before that.
Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,243 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Assuming this is a healthy Kimimaru, he'd give Kakashi a good fight but go down after a while. That is, unless Kakashi goes straight for kamui, which spells an insta win.

Post by othus12 (8,038 posts) See mini bio Level 13

kamui would destroy kimimaro

Post by PrinceAragorn1 (157 posts) See mini bio Level 4

Considering kakashi's out of character, he could go for kamui to instantly win..

but if he holds it back, it'll be a good fight, which Imo goes to kakashi.. Nice match-up though.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@GIRUGAMESH said:

Assuming this is a healthy Kimimaru, he'd give Kakashi a good fight but go down after a while. That is, unless Kakashi goes straight for kamui, which spells an insta win.

This.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Kimimaro was able to make the entire Sound 4 into his bitches pretty easily but we never really got to see how powerful he was because he was pretty much on death's door during his battle with Lee and Gaara. Heck he was in worse shape than Whitebeard was during the Marineford War and even died mid battle to his disease so we probably only saw Kimimaro fighting at 10%. As well as this, he pretty much had that battle won.

However having said that we have no idea how powerful Kimimaro could be in his prime and using pretty much the only example we have, then Kakashi should win this after a close battle.

Post by 321zigzag1 (650 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Kakashi currently is quite above Kimimaro however due to Kimimaro's physical makeup he may have initial trouble.

@ohgodwhy said:

Kimimaro was able to make the entire Sound 4 into his bitches pretty easily but we never really got to see how powerful he was because he was pretty much on death's door during his battle with Lee and Gaara. Heck he was in worse shape than Whitebeard was during the Marineford War and even died mid battle to his disease so we probably only saw Kimimaro fighting at 10%. As well as this, he pretty much had that battle won.

However having said that we have no idea how powerful Kimimaro could be in his prime and using pretty much the only example we have, then Kakashi should win this after a close battle.

How in the world did you come to 10%?

How strong Kimimaro was without the disease is up for grabs but to magically extend his strength way over is also beyond just speculation.

Kakashi is likely at least low kage level. Kimimaro was never intended to be such.

Post by nishi99 (2,029 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Kakashi wins after a good battle.

@321zigzag1: Like I said, it's just an assumption however given the circumstances it's pretty clear that he was fighting at a minimal level. He did die during the fight after all and I believe he was receiving treatment the entire time beforehand which is why he couldn't afford to fight during the battle between the Sand and the Leaf.

He was dying, I think my assumption of him being at 10% is fairly appropriate or would you say he was maybe 50% or 60%? Given the circumstance, I would say not.

@ohgodwhy said:

@321zigzag1: Like I said, it's just an assumption however given the circumstances it's pretty clear that he was fighting at a minimal level. He did die during the fight after all and I believe he was receiving treatment the entire time beforehand which is why he couldn't afford to fight during the battle between the Sand and the Leaf.

He was dying, I think my assumption of him being at 10% is fairly appropriate or would you say he was maybe 50% or 60%? Given the circumstance, I would say not.

He went through his strongest incarnations thanks to Gaara and Lee.

He went CS1 because of Lee's drunkeness and CS2 thanks to Gaara. While you could certainly make an argument that Kimimaro may have not certainly fought his best at all times in all his forms the fact he shifted from his base showcased an implied statement when he was becoming outmatched.

Regardless still, 10% is still pure speculation but it sounds like in that scenario at full health he would have curbstomped Gaara and Lee at pure base form only.

The only thing that was hinted is that Kimimaro was likely stronger than anyone in Konoha in the village at Part 1 including Kakashi and Gai. Jiraiya not included I don't think he was at the village during Sasuke Retrieval arc.

@321zigzag1 said:

@ohgodwhy said:

He went through his strongest incarnations thanks to Gaara and Lee.

He went CS1 because of Lee's drunkeness and CS2 thanks to Gaara. While you could certainly make an argument that Kimimaro may have not certainly fought his best at all times in all his forms the fact he shifted from his base showcased an implied statement when he was becoming outmatched.

Regardless still, 10% is still pure speculation but it sounds like in that scenario at full health he would have curbstomped Gaara and Lee at pure base form only.

The only thing that was hinted is that Kimimaro was likely stronger than anyone in Konoha in the village at Part 1 including Kakashi and Gai. Jiraiya not included I don't think he was at the village during Sasuke Retrieval arc.

Yes, that's exactly the point I was making. Kimimaro at peak should have been at least as strong as Sasuke was when he recruited Jugo, if not stronger, which is how he was able to pacify Jugo so easily. It was also said that Jugo himself was impressed with his control of the cursed seal.

I would say that Kimimaro in his prime could likely take Kakashi but a dying Kimimaro would still give Kakashi a good fight.

In other words we are both pegging him probably at Elite Jounin level?

@321zigzag1: A dying Kimimaro I would put at Jounin+ level, a healthy Kimimaro could be elite Jounin to Kage level but we have no way of knowing anything for real however he did beat Gaara who became the Sand's Kage not too long after so I'd be leaning towards Kage.

But yeah as for this match I'd say Kakashi wins after a good battle.

Post by MisterShin (2,127 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Kakashi wins this easily

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel