Jellal vs. Jura

Topic started by eddz99 on Dec. 8, 2012. Last post by GIRUGAMESH 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by eddz99 (2,516 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DBZ_universe:

Natsu right now is basically laxus + natsu before..

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@eddz99 said:

@GIRUGAMESH:Oh thanks wrong symbols >,<

Actually the power that laxus has given to him is permanent

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Lightning_Flame_Dragon_Mode

And with 2nd Origin he would be able to use it much longer ( Laxus cannot beat hades even without being serious that's why he gave his power to natsu )

But i think it is true that jellal and jura are above him but laxus is definitely not above him when it comes to pure power.

No, it is not. He permanently has lightning but does not keep the level of power he had against Hades. Natsu admits it himself.

If you want further proof:

That roar was nowhere near the size of the one used against Hades at tenroujima, which could be seen across the whole island.

Manga feats/statements>>>wikia entries.

Not that it matters, since your link proves absolutely nothing regarding Natsu's power, only that he can use the lightning mode. Laxus remains one of FT's absolute powerhouses.

FYI, Laxus gave his power to Natsu because Natsu had to be the one to beat Hades (PIS crap essentially); Natsu even questioned why he gave it to him. And even then. it makes sense if Natsu in that state was stronger; it's logical that Laxus + Natsu>Laxus.

As for Jellal or Jura being stronger, we don't know for sure. Jellal I think is likely, but in Jura's case we'll just have to wait and see, since Laxus will probably end up fighting him soon in the manga.

@DBZ_universe said:

@eddz99: How is Natsu above Laxus?? Laxus would own Natsu in a serious fight.

Of course he would, eddz99 is just bumming Natsu up a little bit. Natsu is Erza level, maybe her equal, Laxus/Jura/Jellal/Gildarts/Makarov are on the level above.

Post by 321zigzag1 (650 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@eddz99 said:

@DBZ_universe:

Nah Jose can easily own both erza and mirajane and mirajane stated that she and erza cannot beat jura

So what i think is Jose = Jura = Jellal

But it may be wrong but i still won't put jura and jellal at makorov or gildart's level.

Maybe bluenote's level?

Have you never read that part that Jose admitted that Erza was near Wizard Saint Level and that at full health and strength she would give him a good fight? That was seven years ago.

All Jose has is basically hype based on the concept of the guild master but lets face it. Titles and concepts mean nothing if you cannot support it. Granted that in Shonen manga titles do have importance automatically but even in Fairy Tail not all are equal.

Look how weak Preskip Jura was compared to a fellow Wizard Saint Makarov. Regular Brain of Oracion Seis was terrible too.

Also I still don't see him taking on Gildarts partly due to the magic and the matchup of their abilities.

Post by eddz99 (2,516 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@321zigzag1: 7 years is a great gap, even natsu was beaten by low - tier fairy tail members in that gap.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@321zigzag1 said:

@eddz99 said:

@DBZ_universe:

Nah Jose can easily own both erza and mirajane and mirajane stated that she and erza cannot beat jura

So what i think is Jose = Jura = Jellal

But it may be wrong but i still won't put jura and jellal at makorov or gildart's level.

Maybe bluenote's level?

Have you never read that part that Jose admitted that Erza was near Wizard Saint Level and that at full health and strength she would give him a good fight? That was seven years ago.

All Jose has is basically hype based on the concept of the guild master but lets face it. Titles and concepts mean nothing if you cannot support it. Granted that in Shonen manga titles do have importance automatically but even in Fairy Tail not all are equal.

Look how weak Preskip Jura was compared to a fellow Wizard Saint Makarov. Regular Brain of Oracion Seis was terrible too.

Also I still don't see him taking on Gildarts partly due to the magic and the matchup of their abilities.

To be fair to Jose he was toying with her the whole time and he said that if she was at full strength, she'd give him a better fight, not a good one. I would have said Jose is in the same league as Laxus/Jellal/Jura in their current forms but he's probably slightly weaker than them. Remember that it was said that not only was he a wizard saint, but that his strength rivals Makarov's.

But yes I agree that Gildarts would probably beat him, but Jose definitely wouldn't go down without a fight.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I'd say Jellal would win this one if he went all out.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@eddz99 said:

@DBZ_universe:

Natsu right now is basically laxus + natsu before..

Tha makes no sesnse..

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@GIRUGAMESH: Indeed, Natsu only wins against stronger opponents due to the plot.

Post by 321zigzag1 (650 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@eddz99: Yeah then Mashima tipped the scale quickly all over again like it never really mattered although it did play a role in unlocking 2nd origin.@GIRUGAMESH said:

@321zigzag1 said:

To be fair to Jose he was toying with her the whole time and he said that if she was at full strength, she'd give him a better fight, not a good one. I would have said Jose is in the same league as Laxus/Jellal/Jura in their current forms but he's probably slightly weaker than them. Remember that it was said that not only was he a wizard saint, but that his strength rivals Makarov's.

But yes I agree that Gildarts would probably beat him, but Jose definitely wouldn't go down without a fight.

His statement was still one of praise to Erza's skill. His strength was said to rival Makarov. We don't know how true that is. Makarov ended it with Fairy Law because he wanted to end it quickly. The point is that its pretty dubious to me. He wasn't that great and if Mashima's intention was to show that it didn't work quit effectively.

See we only have is speculation. Granted being in-universe fight only speculation has greater claim but to how much?

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@321zigzag1 said:

@eddz99: Yeah then Mashima tipped the scale quickly all over again like it never really mattered although it did play a role in unlocking 2nd origin.@GIRUGAMESH said:

@321zigzag1 said:

To be fair to Jose he was toying with her the whole time and he said that if she was at full strength, she'd give him a better fight, not a good one. I would have said Jose is in the same league as Laxus/Jellal/Jura in their current forms but he's probably slightly weaker than them. Remember that it was said that not only was he a wizard saint, but that his strength rivals Makarov's.

But yes I agree that Gildarts would probably beat him, but Jose definitely wouldn't go down without a fight.

His statement was still one of praise to Erza's skill. His strength was said to rival Makarov. We don't know how true that is. Makarov ended it with Fairy Law because he wanted to end it quickly. The point is that its pretty dubious to me. He wasn't that great and if Mashima's intention was to show that it didn't work quit effectively.

See we only have is speculation. Granted being in-universe fight only speculation has greater claim but to how much?

That's fair enough, it was just speculation. Still, he was making light of Erza, and that was without getting serious. It was also stated that he had fought Makarov six years beforehand, and was still under the impression that they were equals. I know we don't have anything water-tight to show his real strength but there is a lot to suggest he's not to be taken lightly.

Post by 321zigzag1 (650 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@321zigzag1 said:

That's fair enough, it was just speculation. Still, he was making light of Erza, and that was without getting serious. It was also stated that he had fought Makarov six years beforehand, and was still under the impression that they were equals. I know we don't have anything water-tight to show his real strength but there is a lot to suggest he's not to be taken lightly.

He did fight six years ago and if I recall he lost that one. Which is why he never showed up to the Guild Master meetings ever again.

Jose has shown to be an equal to small Makarov. Granted he did not flinch against the Giant one but how that would go is unknown.

Post by eddz99 (2,516 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Makorov and jose MIGHT have equal magic power but makorov has wisdom and knowledge and he knows some very top tier magic like Amaterasu and Fairy Law

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@321zigzag1 said:

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@321zigzag1 said:

That's fair enough, it was just speculation. Still, he was making light of Erza, and that was without getting serious. It was also stated that he had fought Makarov six years beforehand, and was still under the impression that they were equals. I know we don't have anything water-tight to show his real strength but there is a lot to suggest he's not to be taken lightly.

He did fight six years ago and if I recall he lost that one. Which is why he never showed up to the Guild Master meetings ever again.

Jose has shown to be an equal to small Makarov. Granted he did not flinch against the Giant one but how that would go is unknown.

Either way, he had faced him once and still thought he had a good shot at beating him. That suggests that they are close in power (though Makarov was possibly not going all out in the first one).

But this is getting us nowhere, we can both agree that Jose is a force to be reckoned with and likely a Laxus/Jura level mage.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel