Jellal vs. Jura

Topic started by eddz99 on Dec. 8, 2012. Last post by GIRUGAMESH 2 years ago.
Post by eddz99 (2,662 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Both current at anime

Let's say jellal blew up his cover in their fight and he has been able to use all of his powers

No bloodlust

NO knowledge

No prep

Both full power

PLACE:

Grand magic games, the arena where they fought

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,237 posts) See mini bio Level 10

It's impossible to say for sure, but going by reactions and the scale of Jellal's attack I think Jura would have lost that fight. Jura seemed pretty shaken when he saw that, the way the sky was changing was similar to what happened when Makarov used fairy law. Not to SPOIL much, but Jura's best attack (used on the magic reader thing) didn't seem as impressive.

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,470 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@GIRUGAMESH: i think he was more dissapointed that it didnt even get used, confused at what happened lol but still im not sure who would win. technically we havent seen him all out yet, and he was beating jellal most of the fight

@Jinbeifan1: He was beating him because he copied mystogan's techniques which for sure he cannot use at full effect ( because he is not mystogan )

But he did use Grand Chariot and Meteor which did nothing to jura, judging by how he owned erza at the infinity tower, i bet he can also beat erza and mirajane together.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,887 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Jellal would own Jura IMO... Jura couldn't keep up with his heavenly body magic.

Currently Jellal is the strongest wizard IMO... because who knows how strong he has gotten with the 7 year time skip.

@DBZ_universe: Nah makorov is still the strongest 2nd is gildarts i'd rank jellal to be 3rd

@eddz99: Yeah, but then Makarov stated that Jura was now on Gildarts's level when he saw his best attack. Everyone is getting stronger, Jellal and Jura are both in the same league as Gildarts was and Laxus is there as well (who knows, he may be even better than Gildarts was before the time skip). I think the next time we see Gildarts though he will have surpassed Makarov, or at least be his equal.

@GIRUGAMESH: This is what i think because of the 7 year gap Mystogan > Laxus > Jura >/= Jellal > Natsu w/ lightning 2nd origin ( he raped hades who has not been using his full power ) > Gildarts > Makorov

@eddz99 said:

@GIRUGAMESH: This is what i think because of the 7 year gap Mystogan > Laxus > Jura >/= Jellal > Natsu w/ lightning 2nd origin ( he raped hades who has not been using his full power ) > Gildarts > Makorov

...I think you have your symbols the wrong way around dude. At the moment your list says that Makarov is the weakest :)

I could accept that list, except for one problem; Natsu is definitely not stronger than Jura/Jellal/Laxus. It's debatable as to whether he has even surpassed Erza yet. He himself admitted he wasn't as strong as when he faced Hades with Laxus's lightning, which makes sense.

Against Hades, it was Natsu + the power of Laxus.

Normally, it's just Natsu + some lightning magic. There's a big difference.

IMO Natsu is pretty much equal with Erza, but still not on the level of Fairy Tail's top tiers.

Post by 321zigzag1 (650 posts) See mini bio Level 9

In Pre-timeskip, Jura was not impressive at all although he was the Wizard Saint (admitted he was not on Makarov's level clearly).

In Post-timeskip Jura has gotten much stronger and he was countering Jellal (using Mystogan's power).

Although I think the fight implied if Jellal went all out Jura would have lost. Grand Chariot being an example.

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@eddz99: Yeah, but then Makarov stated that Jura was now on Gildarts's level when he saw his best attack.

I don't recall this. Page and Reference?

@321zigzag1: I'll do better than that ^^

But I agree, Jura wasn't that impressive pre-time skip. He's clearly been busy for the last 7 years.

@eddz99: Jellal has speed adventage against both Gildarts and Makarov... do you really thinkJellal is gonna sit there and let Makarove do Fairy law?? no.. Jellal has way more types of magic than both Gildarts, and Makarov put together.. and the dude was accepted in the council of 10 when he was freaken 18 years old with no problems... he was defeated by PIS as well. Jellal's magic skills>Mkarov and Gildarts IMO tho I don't think he is stronger than Mavis Mervillion... now she is the strongest in FT because of her Fairy Glitter.. which gave Cana a power level of OVER 9000!!

Yeap over 9000...

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@321zigzag1: I'll do better than that ^^

But I agree, Jura wasn't that impressive pre-time skip. He's clearly been busy for the last 7 years.

Damn! you beat me to it! lol... I was gonna post that... lol

@GIRUGAMESH:Oh thanks wrong symbols >,<

Actually the power that laxus has given to him is permanent

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Lightning_Flame_Dragon_Mode

And with 2nd Origin he would be able to use it much longer ( Laxus cannot beat hades even without being serious that's why he gave his power to natsu )

But i think it is true that jellal and jura are above him but laxus is definitely not above him when it comes to pure power.

@DBZ_universe: Makorov does not have any speed feats >.> And who says he has to use fairy law..

He has some top tier+++ Magic like Amaterasu ( The magics hades and him used in their fight )

For now i'd put jura and jellal on Jose's level.

@eddz99: Jellal would wreck Jose... I still put him above Makarov.. maybe close to Acnologia since his power rivals that of an actual meteor... and a meteor can bust a island with ease as well. but I could be over exaggerating lol.

@DBZ_universe:

Nah Jose can easily own both erza and mirajane and mirajane stated that she and erza cannot beat jura

So what i think is Jose = Jura = Jellal

But it may be wrong but i still won't put jura and jellal at makorov or gildart's level.

Maybe bluenote's level?

@eddz99: Well me, I put Jellal above because of his feats that he has shown... but lets not forget Laxus and Hades... Laxus is also a Dragon Slayer and has Fairy Law which makes him deadly and he can turn into lightning.

@DBZ_universe: Yeah but for now i'd rank natsu above laxus while hades still cannot be matched by anyone.

@eddz99: How is Natsu above Laxus?? Laxus would own Natsu in a serious fight.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel