Jedi vs Gotei 13

Topic started by tronboy on March 7, 2013. Last post by ChromeDisaster 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
None of that is actually showing any evidence and I don't exactly trust anybodies Wiki pages. Everything I have seen from movies, games, TV series and what novels I have read, don't come anywhere close to the amount of ludicrous BS they're clinging to. And you can tell it's BS. Watch, from the Obi-Wan page;

capable of deflecting blaster fire from over 10,000 droids firing semi to fully automatic blasters that was calced between low end mach 1000; very conservatively to mach 16,000 with mach 8 blaster speed

When has any of those blasters ever shot with a speed of Mach 8? How about NEVER. And did Obi-Wan actually deflect every shot from 10k droids? NO. You know what he did? He deflected only the shots that would hit him while he moved. That would be a Fraction of those that were actually firing, and we know from experience that Battle Droids are effing Terrible Shots. They're about as bad as Storm Troopers in the Movies. And we know explicitly that blaster bolts ain't anywhere close to Mach 8 because we've seen Clone Troopers dodge and avoid getting shot.

There's such an abundance of exaggerated BS when it comes to Star Wars that it's even worse than what people have spouted about DBZ.
Post by xlab3000 (1,368 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ReiKai: they don't downplay DBZ anymore they have Raditz as a large planet buster with planet striking strength plus what does DBZ have to do with this. they calculated it(Obi-Wan deflecting blaster fire)from the comic books/movies/novels dude. everything they calculated was on the pages plus those are the debaters that are bias not the calcs

@xlab3000 said:

@ReiKai: they don't downplay DBZ anymore they have Raditz as a large planet buster with planet striking strength plus what does DBZ have to do with this. they calculated it(Obi-Wan deflecting blaster fire)from the comic books not the novels or movies dude. everything they calculated was on the pages plus those are the debaters that are bias not the calcs

And the movies are G-Canon, which supersedes the comics. And unless the Narrator said the bolts were Mach 8, then they're Not that fast. And until someone can actually provide a scan of this happening with Specific values given, then it's clearly a bunch of BS.

Also, Raditz ain't planet-busting level nor possessing planet breaking strength. That's BS garbage as well and everyone knows it.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,500 posts) See mini bio Level 17

OBD is FAN made, their calculation mean nothing.

@ReiKai said:

Obi-Wan page

I LOL at this! this is what am gonna call OBD from now on!

@xlab3000: Raditz is not a planet buster, that's like saying Yamucha is a planet buster as well.

Post by senturion (4 posts) See mini bio Level 3

Going by that these are Prequel Jedi, that have not shown feats that would put them on a Soul Reaper Captains Level, i have got to go with the Gotei 13, Yamamotos Shikai alone would be tough to beat, not to mention byakuya, Kenpachi, soi fon, ukitake, shunsui and AIZEN, i think that taking flash step away as an option for the soul reapers is a little unfair, as jedi are allowed to go at their top speed, which has been claimed to be hypersonic on occasions in this battle, with the jedi's precog it wouldnt necessarily be an advantage (flash step) but IMO Soul Reaper Captain > Jedi Master, i can i say that a Yoda Vs Yamamoto battle makes my knees go weak, very awesome thought.

@xlab3000 said:

@ReiKai: http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=789769 http://206.210.96.66/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=97165 sometimes the narrator can be unreliable

Rounds Per Minute =/= Speed of the Rounds Themselves. Nothing has proven that Blaster Bolts travel at Mach 8. Rate of Fire =/= velocity of the round. 

@DBZ_universe said:

I LOL at this! this is what am gonna call OBD from now on!

Well a lot of SW fans refer to Obi-Wan's fighting style as Trollesu. Soresu being the Defensive Style he employs, combined with his constant chattering and egging on of people, becomes Trollesu.

@ReiKai:@DBZ_universe: do you have something better than the obd then

Post by tronboy (425 posts) See mini bio Level 9

the jedi could mindrape planets they would definitely defeat gotei 13

Post by SMXLR8 (6,929 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

why is this still going on?

@tronboy said:

thank you

@xlab3000 said:

@ReiKai:@DBZ_universe: do you have something better than the obd then

Real feats that were shown in the manga rather than wrong calculations.

We also gotta take note on Kyoraku's Broken abilities...

@xlab3000: Kyoraku can stab them from their own shadows.

@DBZ_universe: I know that. Jedi have precognition and they can react to their attacks

@tronboy said:

More claims yet no evidence has been presented. And as explained many times before, all these ludicrous feats are all related to Luke Skywalker. No Other Jedi has ever done nor can do such a thing.
Post by Yusuke52 (424 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@DBZ_universe said:

I would love to know what exactly makes these calculations wrong? You claim its a fan site and therefore the calcualtions they work hard to obtain are wrong, by effect all these battles are fan made and by your logic any conclusion we come to is wrong as well as that is fan made too.

I am more than happy to say Konohamaru can wipe the floor with Yamamoto as the obvious fan made conclusion we come to based on the battle should be wrong in your eyes.

Or will you apply double standards and say that somehow we as fans are above other fans of the series who come from a different site?

@Yusuke52 said:

@DBZ_universe said:

I would love to know what exactly makes these calculations wrong? You claim its a fan site and therefore the calcualtions they work hard to obtain are wrong, by effect all these battles are fan made and by your logic any conclusion we come to is wrong as well as that is fan made too.

I am more than happy to say Konohamaru can wipe the floor with Yamamoto as the obvious fan made conclusion we come to based on the battle should be wrong in your eyes.

Or will you apply double standards and say that somehow we as fans are above other fans of the series who come from a different site?

thank you

@ReiKai said:

@tronboy said:

More claims yet no evidence has been presented. And as explained many times before, all these ludicrous feats are all related to Luke Skywalker. No Other Jedi has ever done nor can do such a thing.

Darth Nihilus did. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Nihilus#Powers_and_abilities http://www.obdwiki.com/character-profile-darth-nihilus/ http://www.comicvine.com/darth-nihilus/29-47874/(go to the power section)

I already addressed their calculations and the threads shown regarding the weapons. They were about the blaster rifles Rate of Fire, not the Velocity of the Blaster Bolts. There is ZERO correlation between how fast a Gun shoots and how fast the Bullet Travels. All of the Visual Evidence present within the SW movies and TCW series have all depicted Blaster Bolts traveling at speeds less than or equal to that of a Bullet. Which on average is shy of Mach 1.

OBD grossly exaggerates the speed of SW characters and it's self-evident. If anything of what they said was remotely true, Grievous would've been killed the first time Any Jedi engaged him, since his Mechanical Parts wouldn't be remotely capable of keeping up. Yet this is not the case and he has killed a number of Jedi either through them being weak, trickery on his part or using other Droids for suppressive fire.

And all those who try and grab at the Clone Wars comics should know by now that they're retconned by the TCW animated series, which has actually had George Lucas overseeing production.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel