Jedi vs Gotei 13

Topic started by tronboy on March 7, 2013. Last post by ChromeDisaster 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Would Kendo work?

Post by ReiKai (3,516 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Same reason why he can't do it to other Force Users; They can Resist and/or block it. Btw, that anime was made non-canon but the current TCW series. Not that breaking a bunch of battle droids means anything.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,624 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ReiKai: Crushing and disassembling dozens of battledroids with armor stronger than titanium with the gesture of his hand doesn't mean anything? It certainly beats whatever Bleach has.

As I said, EU means that planetary level mindfuckery will ensue, or are you going to argue that Bleach characters can resist planetary level mindfuckery?

Post by SMXLR8 (7,189 posts) See mini bio Level 16

This

@SMXLR8: Then Bleach really is fucked.

@CerusSerenade said:

@ReiKai: Crushing and disassembling dozens of battledroids with armor stronger than titanium with the gesture of his hand doesn't mean anything? It certainly beats whatever Bleach has.

As I said, EU means that planetary level mindfuckery will ensue, or are you going to argue that Bleach characters can resist planetary level mindfuckery?

I've seen Clone Troopers punch down and break Battle Droids. So, no, it's not impressive. And like I said, these Jedi don't have mindfuckery of that nature and never did, not even in the EU. You may be thinking Old Republic Sith like Naga Sadow. But that's it. Jedi don't have that kind of ability, especially not the weak-ass Prequel Jedi.

Kenpachi's reiatsu pierces the atmosphere, and this is when he wasn't even near his True Strength.

Kenpachi makes a jab with his sword and does more than Mace.
 Zero Yammy hammering him did nothing.

Kenpachi, using Two Hands, did more than Mace.

Post by ReliusClover (784 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ReiKai: Hey Rei, remember when i said your saving grace is that you wank good series?

Well that's done for now as you have taken up Bleach lol.

@ReliusClover said:

@ReiKai: Hey Rei, remember when i said your saving grace is that you wank good series?

Well that's done for now as you have taken up Bleach lol.

Oh please. Outside of Rangiku's tits, and Kenpachi and Yachiru's hilarious conversations, Bleach just isn't that good. Kenpachi is really the only person anyone wants to see murder people anyway. Rest of'em can go jump in a Sarlaac pit.

There not everything....

@ReiKai: While i would discuss the tits part, yeah Kenny is actually a good character hailing from Bleach and i like him, the only other possible contender for the spot of a likable character from Bleach is Starrk... just if he didn't feel so emo at times.

Though have to say, "isn't that good" is a rather generous way to describe it. I have seen forums who's official Bleach Discussion thread was titled "Bleach is a piece of shit" and oh boy, they ain't too far off the mark.

As for the match. Jedi have mindfucked entire planet populations and have MHS to LS reactions, with many, many, many ways to use the Force. The whole HST can't hope to do something let alone Gotei.

@ReliusClover said:

As for the match. Jedi have mindfucked entire planet populations and have MHS to LS reactions, with many, many, many ways to use the Force. The whole HST can't hope to do something let alone Gotei.

That is just a gross exaggeration by the fanbase. They don't have anything close to resembling those abilities, let alone speed. I have read the novels, watched the movies and the TCW series. The Prequel Jedi don't have anything even remotely what you're suggesting they do . The only character that they can even claim that for is Luke "Jesus if My Kid" Skywalker. And all should be aware;

Every Jedi Ever =/= Luke Skywalker.

@ReiKai: Luke has from more insane feats than that...

And really, again with you it comes down to the so called "point of view" which means our debate stops here. One of those, agree to disagree scenarios.

@ReliusClover said:

@ReiKai: Luke has from more insane feats than that...

And really, again with you it comes down to the so called "point of view" which means our debate stops here. One of those, agree to disagree scenarios.

ehh, not so much. I've seen some of the quotes and things from SW. One of them concerning Luke the fans claimed he was moving at ridiculous speed. it gave time and distance. I calculated it. He was going 50mph. I had to sigh.

A number of their feats all come down to aim-dodging, which doesn't require much. And when you can use precog to say "This shot will land here", then all the Jedi had to do was move in a minimal way to avoid it. It is very much like Clare in Claymore, during her first encounter with an Awakened Being. If you've seen it. She used her ability to sense Yoki to determine where the attacks would land before they were even launched and she dodged accordingly, even when she wasn't as fast as the others.

Another example of such was Honoka in "The Third" who dodged Leon's laser and even intercepted it, despite the Narrator himself saying it was impossible for Honoka to exceed the speed of light. It was actually a great scene and some series like that do a good job of explaining things that don't sound as if they have to baby it down for the audience.

To be honest, getting off from Bleach, even though "The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye" wasn't some big notable series, it was a very, Very Good one with a wonderful story. And they did end it before they turned Honoka into an obscenely powerful figure. Though she did wipe out an army of like a million auto-enforces and tanks with a single move. That was pretty awesome.
Post by xlab3000 (1,394 posts) See mini bio Level 10

The Jedi stomps

So aside from Reikai being devil's advocate it's obvious that Bleach dies horribly to mindfuckery and illusions that even advanced space technology can't distinguish.

@CerusSerenade said:

So aside from Reikai being devil's advocate it's obvious that Bleach dies horribly to mindfuckery and illusions that even advanced space technology can't distinguish.

I've yet to see anyone prove that These Jedi are even capable of doing that. It took Mace, Anakin and Obi-Wan to try and force Cad Bane to reveal info to them with the Force. And he's not a Force User.

@ReiKai: The reason they had to work so hard on Cad Bane was because they also had to be careful not kill them and follow the Jedi code. Killing or torturing prisoners is in there somewhere.

Also, Anakin pre-mustefar was stronger than Vader, and Vader has some damning feats.

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=283046

@CerusSerenade said:

@ReiKai: The reason they had to work so hard on Cad Bane was because they also had to be careful not kill them and follow the Jedi code. Killing or torturing prisoners is in there somewhere.

Also, Anakin pre-mustefar was stronger than Vader, and Vader has some damning feats.

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=283046

However, if they were so good at it, they wouldn't need three people to get the job done. Which shows Limitation and, as I've noted, it doesn't work well on strong minds. Also, Anakin Pre-Mustafar isn't stronger than Vader, he just had more Potential. But it doesn't matter if that potential is never reached.
Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Shinji Hirako activates his shikai and the jedi die. Even a jedi who can "mindfuck" wont be able to do anything once he activates his shikai's ability. left, right, up, down, and even forwards and backwards are inverted meaning that anyone, regardless of how strong they are, will not be able to fight effectively. plus, the fact that he can amplify his abilities through the use of his hollowfication means that he can just use his cero to incinerate the jedi while they just flail around hopelessly.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel