Itachi VS Renji

Topic started by SMXLR8 on Nov. 2, 2013. Last post by SMXLR8 1 year, 1 month ago.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,753 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Rules

no prep , in character , standard equipment , standard bleach rules for battle forums apply , No Edo , both are current or strongest when alive , speed can be equal if need , no gen if needed

Location - Hope Island

Post by taichokage (15,463 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Itachi via genjutsu. If Renji is fast enough to blitz then fine. He is faster than Itachi but to blitz I don't know. I'm with Itachi but either way it goes it will end quickly. If genjutsu isn't a factor then Renji wins.
Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,261 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Renji should be far superior physically, however I think Itachi is hax enough to win with genjutsu and Suusano.

Online Now
Exactly as you say. Maybe his royal guard trying will amp him up enough to overcome the hax of Itachi but for now I think he isn't ready.
Post by luthluth (1,775 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Itachi got this
Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,047 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Wait, so does "standard bleach rules" mean that genjutsu automatically works on characters of all series? Because if not, it's not a factor here.

Post by SMXLR8 (7,753 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@taichokage: @ImDictatorBowDown: @UltimateHero0406: like I said in the rules no gen if needed so since he wins with it no gen then

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,869 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Online Now

Itachi got this in the bag.

Post by nishi99 (2,030 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Susanoo and no more Renji.

Online Now
Unlike Madara's and to a lesser extent Sasuke's Itachi's Susanoo isn't immensely offensive. More defensive. Also due to the fact that he has no EMS and only MS, it hits him in the stamina department heavily. He couldn't use it for long and I doubt it would be much help offensively. He's got the the Totsuka blade and the Magatama. The former isn't hitting Renji if genjutsu is off and the latter isn't that strong and probably wouldn't hit either.
Post by 321zigzag1 (650 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I sense a bit of a discrepancy here. Taichokage seems to be invoking more of a sick Itachi because he is mentioning stamina issues, while few other seem to be going a more hypothetical healthy Itachi with no disease allowing base Itachi edo feats.

Not saying a hypothetical healthy Itachi can use MS for long, but he can certainly use it quite longer at least in theory.

Anyway I agree with both ways but Sick Itachi can quite lose due to stamina problems.

Renji is physically superior but I honestly truly doubt his speed would wow Itachi and Itachi isn't slow either for a narutoverse character anyway.

Not to mention Itachi's Susanoo has impressive defense including without Yata Mirror which technically is featless.

Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu are his best weapons. Totsuka blade though is useful though in counting his bankai

Post by othus12 (8,038 posts) See mini bio Level 13

renji can stall susanoo with his bankai before itachi runs out of stamina

Online Now
That's what I was thinking.
Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

If genjutsu is allowed, Itachi stomps.

Without it, hmm...Amaterasu will be useless on someone physically as strong as Renji. But Susanoo I think will be too much for him.

If he uses sword of Totsuka, he can immediately seal his Bankai thereby making him powerless.

Yeah, Itachi wins easily

Post by 321zigzag1 (650 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@supernova7005 said:

If genjutsu is allowed, Itachi stomps.

Without it, hmm...Amaterasu will be useless on someone physically as strong as Renji. But Susanoo I think will be too much for him.

If he uses sword of Totsuka, he can immediately seal his Bankai thereby making him powerless.

Yeah, Itachi wins easily

Amaterasu just sticks with you until you are gone. Problem is don't know how powerful it is. All we know is that when Itachi focused it, it immediately destroyed a fire retardant Mountain Toad Stomach.

@othus12

said:

renji can stall susanoo with his bankai before itachi runs out of stamina

A purely distance range game argument. Renji isn't known to playing a zoning game not that he can't really much either minus spamming reiatsu blasts distance away. So what about Yata Mirror reflection?

Note that you didn't exactly explain how Renji would stall susanoo.

Not to mention his bankai is vulnerable to the totsuka seal itself when it clashes.

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@321zigzag1 said:

Amaterasu just sticks with you until you are gone. Problem is don't know how powerful it is. All we know is that when Itachi focused it, it immediately destroyed a fire retardant Mountain Toad Stomach.

Yet it failed to burn a tree :(

Don't see how it can hurt someone physically strong like Renji

Online Now
It failed to burn fodder samurai armor and frankly everyone attacked by it has survived it. Granted it might wear him down after a time.
Post by phantomrant (1,502 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Amaterasu is soooooooo bad.

Post by GeneralVan (2,401 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Itachi is nearly on par with R2 Ulquiorra. He stomps so hard.

Post by phantomrant (1,502 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@GeneralVan said:

Itachi is nearly on par with R2 Ulquiorra. He stomps so hard.

Why on earth would you think that?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel