Itachi vs Nagato

Topic started by nishi99 on July 14, 2012. Last post by supernova7005 10 months, 1 week ago.
Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,136 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@One_Piece_God: Nagato doesn't have low mobility at all, he was keeping up with Bee and Naruto. Make sure you know what version you're talking about first.

And as omgwhy said, the byakugan/sharingan thing is trash. It was never referred to ever again and absolutely nothing has proven a link between the two. And we know for a fact that the rinnegan is superior to the sharingan and the mangekyou sharingan. If a sharingan can see through most genjutsu, and a mangekyou can see through nearly any visual jutsu, surely it follows that the rinnegan is all but immune to visual genjutsu?

And yes, the toad song worked; but that was an extremely high level technique (arguably greater than tsukuyomi) and it was not a visual genjutsu; you cannot 'see' through sound. And before you say "but they work the same way", think back to the Kabutomaru fight.

Audio genjutsu and visual genjutsu are two very different things. Therefore the frog song working on Pain is totally legit.

Sorry dude, Itachi just isn't winning this one. You could give him Sasuke as backup and I could still see it going either way.

Post by One_Piece_God (540 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@ohgodwhy: @GIRUGAMESH:

I was not talking about Izanami.

Sharingan<Rinnegan is bull.

Thats like saying Sharingan<M Sharingan. Go back to the chapter where the black Zetsu talks about shinobi tools & what not.

I'm a lazy debator on these sites (unless its One Piece) & your probably not going to change my stance on this so lets forget about this battle until next one.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,480 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@One_Piece_God: What were you talking about then? Tsukiyomi? A jutsu that was beaten by Sasuke, pre MS. I put to you, that Jiraiya's genjutsu, which used a really radical way of casting, was the most powerful genjutsu used in the entire series. I would only consider Izanagi to be an equal and that costs the user one of their eyes and, as was shown by Sasuke, can be beaten without too much difficulty. Heck, Sasuke even beat like 10 of them.

We already countered everything you said. Rinnegan is a superior dojutsu, this has been stated several times. It's almost a godly dojutusu, even able to revive the dead as well use various other hax techniques i.e. absorbing chakra, summoning a ridiculous amount of monsters, able to manipulate all chakra types, etc etc. Kabuto and Orochimaru theorised that because the Sharingan originated from the Rinnegan, that it was possible for the dōjutsu to progress to the Rinnegan as part of a "natural evolution".

But fine, if you don't want to continue this debate any further this time, we can leave it at this.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,136 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@One_Piece_God said:

@ohgodwhy: @GIRUGAMESH:

I was not talking about Izanami.

Sharingan<Rinnegan is bull.

Thats like saying Sharingan<M Sharingan. Go back to the chapter where the black Zetsu talks about shinobi tools & what not.

I'm a lazy debator on these sites (unless its One Piece) & your probably not going to change my stance on this so lets forget about this battle until next one.

...not sure if joking, horribly misinformed or having a stupid day.

Rinnegan>MS>Sharingan. This is fact. The abilities given get stronger with each one, and characters with the abilities tend to be stronger with each ascension. You are taking what black zetsu said far too seriously. Yes a sharingan user can beat an MS user in some cases, but to give a person MS is to certainly make them stronger if they had only had ordinary sharingan; the Sasuke who fought Danzo was definitely stronger than the Sasuke who fought Itachi.

And don't take the "Sasuke broke out of tsukuyomi" to heart, bearing in mind that Itachi was half-blind at that point and was trying to let Sasuke win. If you want to argue that Sasuke with sharingan is as good or better than a Sasuke with MS or even rinnegan then ok, just don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

@ohgodwhy said:

@One_Piece_God: What were you talking about then? Tsukiyomi? A jutsu that was beaten by Sasuke, pre MS. I put to you, that Jiraiya's genjutsu, which used a really radical way of casting, was the most powerful genjutsu used in the entire series. I would only consider Izanagi to be an equal and that costs the user one of their eyes and, as was shown by Sasuke, can be beaten without too much difficulty. Heck, Sasuke even beat like 10 of them.

We already countered everything you said. Rinnegan is a superior dojutsu, this has been stated several times. It's almost a godly dojutusu, even able to revive the dead as well use various other hax techniques i.e. absorbing chakra, summoning a ridiculous amount of monsters, able to manipulate all chakra types, etc etc. Kabuto and Orochimaru theorised that because the Sharingan originated from the Rinnegan, that it was possible for the dōjutsu to progress to the Rinnegan as part of a "natural evolution".

But fine, if you don't want to continue this debate any further this time, we can leave it at this.

This.

Post by tronboy (425 posts) See mini bio Level 9

i think itachi wins because of his genjutsu because he has tskunomi and has izanami

Post by WhiteLion (153 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Ugh, I really don't wanna debate this. I'm gonna watch! ^^

Post by itz_kp_lp670sv (1 posts) See mini bio Level 2

For quite some time i believed that itachi had what it takes to take on nagato. But after reading a couple chapters of manga and watching some episodes of naruto i realise itachi wouldnt probably stand a chance. Nagato is able to repel itachis taijutsu and ninjutsu so any of itahi's fire style jutsus or fighting techniques wouldnt work. Itachi has a few other tricks such as susanoo, but what good is susanoo and the tsukami sealing blade if nagato is going to repel him with his shinra tensei(almighty push). Itachi then has amaterasu but i remember when itachi released himself from edo sensei and faced nagato, nagato was able to see the build up of chakra in itachi's eyes and was able to predict when itachi was going to cast amaterasu. So knowing that nagato can sense when hes going to cast amaterasu and counter using either shinra tensei or gakido(absorb ninjutsu). the last thing itachi has is his genjutsu and no one really knows for sure if it could work against a rennigan user. In my opinion i dont think so cause the rennigan is a more powerful octicular jutsu and since nagato can see the build up of chakra in itachi's eyes his genjutsu might be something nagato can counter as well. If nagato went on the offence though he has shinra tensei to blow itachi away almighty pull to pull him in nigendo to pull itachi's soul out, shurado(the robot jutsu) to launch missiles and other explosives and his summoning beasts ofcourse itachi can burn em but still something he can use to his advantage. so i say battle goes to nagato my nigga

Post by taichokage (12,487 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Genjutsu won't work so well on Pain as we saw with Jiraiya. And Izanami needed a bit of prep to use. As mentioned a while back in this thread, Itachi needed both Naruto and Bee, both of whom are arguably stronger than Itachi himself, Naruto for sure. Pain not only has raw power and destructive scope exceeding most biju, but his versatility is second to none in akatsuki. He would take the win here.
Post by Dream (7,099 posts) See mini bio Level 20

As formidable as Itachi is as a fighter, Nagato's Rinnegan is still superior to Itachi's MS and offers some skills that are more hax and destructive in areas than what Sharingan offers. A serious Nagato would be too overwhelming for Itachi to handle.

Post by Gohan974 (65 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Nagato wins CHIBAKU TENSEI,,,^^

Post by 5th (1,176 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Nagato with mid-difficulty. Despite Itachi's intellect and intuition in being an expert in strategy and tactical fighting, he doesn't have what it takes to defeat Nagato's hax Rinnegan.

After all, it did take KB, Naruto, and himself in order to beat Nagato, and even by then Nagato wasn't even in character.

Post by xlab3000 (1,359 posts) See mini bio Level 10

probably Nagato

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,803 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Nagato wins low difficulty. Seriously, Itachi wasn't all that without Naruto and Bee.

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Prime Nagato wins without a doubt. It took the combined effort of Itachi, Naruto and Bee to take him down.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel