Itachi vs Nagato

Topic started by nishi99 on July 14, 2012. Last post by supernova7005 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by nishi99 (1,852 posts) See mini bio Level 11

In Character

Prep Time

Setting Akatsuki hideout

Each at full power

Nagato has all his power within one body.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,226 posts) See mini bio Level 10

...wow...

Yeah bye Itachi.

Let's get something straight, we have Itachi as a higher-tier kage character. Then you one-up that with Nagato, who is above that. Seriously, he's not that far off Madara in terms of power.

If Naruto and Bee hadn't been there Itachi never would have won.

Post by nishi99 (1,852 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@GIRUGAMESH: Well i do think Nagato would have the edge. However i would not count Itachi out so fast because he still has the better intellect and some moves that well timed could give him the win.

Post by taichokage (14,761 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Yeah, we had a view of a healthy Nagato's power. He was overwhelming both Naruto and Bee but lost when Itachi sucker hit him. Even Itachi couldn't do so in my opinion. Nagato ought to take this.

@nishi99: Oh I would. Intellect means sh*t if your opponent can completely overwhelm you. As taichokage says, Naruto and Bee were having trouble with him. Itachi has nothing in his arsenal that could take down Nagato except his totsuka sword, and if Nagato uses chibaku tensei then it's over. I just don't see Itachi beating a host of OP summons and someone who had all of Pain's techniques but better. It won't be a walk in the park for Nagato, but it wouldn't take too much to bring Itachi down.

Nagato wins with mid-difficulty.

For the record, there was a Pain vs Itachi thread a while back where it was agreed that unless Itachi had knowledge of Pain's abilities, he would lose after a very good fight. The same applies here, only the gap will be greater.

Post by All_StarSupes (780 posts) See mini bio Level 10

So Minato who we know very little about can beat Pain with no prep, but Itachi can't beat Nagato with prep. Somethings a little off here.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I've always said Minato could beat Itachi but Susanoo would provide a problem for him because he hasn't shown himself to have any truly devastating attacks. Pein wouldn't have any trouble getting past Susanoo because his attacks are far too powerful, so this is why I think everyone thinks says Pein would win here.

Personally though I think this fight would be close. Itachi's a very powerful ninja as he's shown several times however I question how useful his sharingan would be against the rinnegan. I also question how powerful his techniques are compared to those of Nagato's. As was shown before, it took Naruto's, B's and Itachi's most powerful jutsu's to take down Pein's chibaku tensei.

Itachi could win this only through using the Sword of Totsuka, however this is a match with prep so he wouldn't have the element of surprise on this side.

I still say it would be close though because Itachi is a very intelligent ninja and would no doubt give Pein a run for his money.

Both have prep time though, what's preventing Itachi from placing Nagato under Izanami at the start?

Izanami means making Nagato repeat the same actions so it's actually a ridiculously hard genjutsu to use and is only really effective against someone who uses Izanagi. How many times did Itachi get pwned during that fight, trying to get Izanami to work. Also you lose your eye so the risk behind it is high and as I've stated before it's unlikely Itachi would want to lose an eye just like that. Also the Rinnegan is a more evolved Sharingan so whether genjutsu from the Sharingan would be effective against it all is debatable. Why didn't Itachi just put Nagato under Tsukiyomi last time they fought? I'm willing to bet it's because he couldn't.

Itachi got caught mainly because he had to prepare Izanami, and because he knew Kabuto couldn't hurt him anyway. With prep Itachi can place Nagato under the jutsu at the start of the fight. I doubt the Rinnegan can stop a genjutsu that can affect all your senses.

@All_StarSupes: Izanami works by making someone repeat the same couple of moves, it's not something you can really prepare for. How can you prep Izanami before the fight even starts? Itachi's going to have a hell of hard time making Nagato repeat the same moves, especially if Nagato has prep too and he has to avoid taking any major damage. Nagato's going to pack a hell of a bigger punch than Kabuto was.

@ohgodwhy said:

@All_StarSupes: Izanami works by making someone repeat the same couple of moves, it's not something you can really prepare for. How can you prep Izanami before the fight even starts? Itachi's going to have a hell of hard time making Nagato repeat the same moves, especially if Nagato has prep too and he has to avoid taking any major damage. Nagato's going to pack a hell of a bigger punch than Kabuto was.

This.

@All_StarSupes said:

So Minato who we know very little about can beat Pain with no prep, but Itachi can't beat Nagato with prep. Somethings a little off here.

We know that Minato was capable of sealing Kurama, out-maneuvering Tobi, defeating entire armies and making the Raikage look like a joke. That alone is more than enough to put him on Itachi's level. And for the record I think Nagato would be a huge problem for either of them (though I think Minato could possibly manage a draw).

Given that his IQ dwarfs Nagatos, and the fact Nagato doesn't know about Izanami gives him a huge advantage. You also have to remember Nagato is basically a cripple, as I see it, Nagato using Pain bodies>>>>than Nagato by himself.

@All_StarSupes: Why don't you get this? Izanami is one of the last jutsu Itachi would ever want to use in a fight. It's drawbacks far outweigh its benefits.

1. It's a ridiculously hard jutsu to use
  2. It's only real purpose is to counter Izanagi
  3. The user permanently loses their eyesight

For Izanami to be effective Itachi would have to be running the fight, which would be near impossible if Nagato is coming at him full force and he can't rely on his genjutsus and immortal body. And the OP states that it's both at full power so this would be Nagato when he could move around i.e. when he was fighting against Naruto, B and Itachi. And on the topic of the fight, Nagato nearly killed both 9 tailed cloak Naruto and B in seconds and would have done if Itachi hadn't saved them. Nagato's an incredibly powerful ninja and seems to be even more powerful when all his powers are in his one body.

Post by One_Piece_God (569 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Itachi

@One_Piece_God: Why? Itachi has nothing to counter Nagato's chibaku tensei and would be overwhelmed by his other attacks.

@GIRUGAMESH:

I don't believe Itachi will be overpowered by Negato.

Itachi has been depicted in the manga to be more intelligent than Negato.

I believe the most basic of genjutsu's will keep Itachi in the game i.e his crows.

Won't a strong genjutsu be enough to fool chibaku tensei?

Since they all have same shared field of vision would that not be a disadvantage against a mangekyo sharingan such as Itachi's with a power like tsukuyomi? Is it not essentially a 1 hit kill against non uchiha & non jinchuriki who don't have full control over there tailed beast? Negato has no way to do what Kabuto did, he is not Minato & he is not Guy.

In character I believe Itachi's mobility is superior to Negato's crippled self.

Negato is strong don't get me wrong & I believe he has more stamina than Itachi & I believe he can counter Itachi's amaterasu & susanoo but he simply does not have any defence for genjutsu & he is going up against a proficient genjutsu user.

I mainly believe Negato will lose becuase of 1 of his greatest assets will become his major downfall his eyes.

@One_Piece_God: Just so you know, you realise this is the Nagato in one body, right? The one who fought Naruto, Bee and Itachi at once? This isn't Pain we're using.

When has Itachi ever faced someone on his own who fights on the level Nagato does? Nothing to suggest he could keep up, especially with his low endurance.

And Itachi's proficiency with genjutsu would actually be a problem for him, as none of his genjutsu techniques will work. Do you not read the manga? The rinnegan is an evolved form of the mangekyou, and so it seems ridiculous that genjutsu would work here. Even if it were to, to answer your earlier question, genjutsu would do nothing to stop chibaku tensei.

As I said, Nagato has a dozen ways to win against Itachi but Itachi's only hope is to land a direct hit with the totsoka sword. Nagato wins, Itachi isn't on his level.

@GIRUGAMESH:

yeah I forgot its only Negato but his animal summon give him a shared field of vision as well so my argument still applies.

I already said he has low endurance but Negato has really low mobility.

Yes I know all that all ready.. the sharingan was said to be derived from the byukugan so does that mean sharingans genjutsu won't work on a byukugan user?

How can you say one of the most powerful genjutsu revealed in the series won't work on a character never shown to face one of the most proficient genjutsu user, when a strong genjutsu used by those toads worked easily.

@One_Piece_God: Izanami is one of the last jutsu Itachi would ever want to use in a fight. It's drawbacks far outweigh its benefits.

1. It's a ridiculously hard jutsu to use
  2. It's only real purpose is to counter Izanagi
  3. The user permanently loses their eyesight

For Izanami to be effective Itachi would have to be running the fight, which would be near impossible if Nagato is coming at him full force and he can't rely on his genjutsus and immortal body. And the OP states that it's both at full power so this would be Nagato when he could move around i.e. when he was fighting against Naruto, B and Itachi. And on the topic of the fight, Nagato nearly killed both 9 tailed cloak Naruto and B in seconds and would have done if Itachi hadn't saved them. Nagato's an incredibly powerful ninja and seems to be even more powerful when all his powers are in his one body.

As for the byakugan thing, that was clearly a either a mistake by the writer or a fairy tale made up by the ninjas in the village. We know for a fact that the sharingan was in fact derived from rinnegan and the sharingan can evolve into the rinnegan through some unknown means. The Sharingan<Rinnegan. That's why it's unlikely his genjutsu would be effective.

As for the low mobility thing, that's just simply not true. We have no real idea how mobile he is when he is able to fight in peak but as mentioned above he was able to react fast enough to almost kill 9 tails cloak Naruto and B.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel