Itachi vs Nagato

Topic started by GIRUGAMESH on Nov. 9, 2011. Last post by nishi99 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,143 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Itachi and Nagato meet in the middle of a rocky terrain, with no knowledge of each others abilities. Neither have any prep, they just meet randomly. Both are in their prime (Nagato is fit and capable of using all his powers, Itachi isn't ill and is serious). Start 100m apart. Who wins?
Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@GIRUGAMESH:

Weren't you the one that said not to waste anyone's time with a Itachi vs Nagato thread?

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,143 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@sceonn said:

@GIRUGAMESH:

Weren't you the one that said not to waste anyone's time with a Itachi vs Nagato thread?

Yes, but some people (acarter) continue to insist that Itachi would win, so I made this just to prove a point.

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,797 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Online Now

This is actually a pretty even fight both have the ability to neutralize all nature charka , Itachi has his yata mirror shield and Nagato gains the ability to absorb charka via the six paths. Nagato seems untouchable because of the ability of repel or attracting objects but Itachi has Amaterasu. I am going to save Nagato but it will be a very difficult battle with him just barely winning in the end

Post by acarter (717 posts) See mini bio Level 10
hmmm i have racked my brain & figured out there is no conclusive case for either 
i say draw
@GIRUGAMESH
i already told you i'm an itachi fanboy lol
however on a serious note nobody can bring a ground braking case for either..
i really dont want to say itachi catches him in a genjutsu & ends it (which is plausible) or Negato sucks him in and cuts his head of which is highly unlikely lol
Post by shenlong (117 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Nagato rapes, especially if he can use his six paths of pain. I mean come on, really? They have the Rinnegan for crying out loud, and Pain's almighty push beats any ninja technique seen except Rasenshuriken and Sage of the Six Paths Creation of all things (AND the FRICKIN MOON) technique. I made a thread of Akuma vs Naruto and peeps were all about Akuma destroying an island, when Sage of the Six Paths MADE THE MOON AND LOCKED THE MOST POWERFUL DEMON OF THE NINJA WORLD INSIDE! Naruto must be close to Sage's level because Kabuto noted that Madara is close to Sage in power, and Madara is about equal to first hokage, who is weaker than third hokage, and Naruto is way stronger than Orochimaru who beat the third....... don't know how 1st beat/hurt Madara, because Madara>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Orochimaru, who is stronger than 1st and 2nd hokage by default since he controls them. I bet 1st hokage had a lot of help. Anyway Itachi or any Akatsuki member >>> Orochimaru who feared even confronting weaker members or atleast tried to avoid it. In terms of Akatsuki higherarchy:

Tobi > Kabuto > Madara > Pain > Yahiko > Itachi > Kisame > Sasori > Deidara > Zetsu > Kakuzu > Hidan > Konan.

The only one that may be a little off is Zetsu because everyone always underestimates him. 4th Raikage failed in killing him, whether he tried hard or not. Konan isn't strong. She's just packing a lot of paper bombs.

Hope I was helpful.

Post by acarter (717 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@shenlong
I refuse to comment on this...I must not lol..urge to comment....
Post by tronboy (425 posts) See mini bio Level 9
itachi wins
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,816 posts) See mini bio Level 15

From what I can recall Nagato is weak to Genjutsu.

Itachi should win here.

Post by redbird3rdboywonder (176 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Itachi dies horribly, which is the exact same thing I said on comicvine

@SpeedForceSpider: Nagato has no weakness to genjutsu, only one of the paths did and it was a sound based genjutsu, which means it probably disrupted the signal Nagato was sending to that particular body

@redbird3rdboywonder: Actually maybe you're right. But still, Itachi's Amaterasu is gonna come out and cook Nagato alive. With this conditions in the OP, Itachi has this.

Post by Yusuke52 (424 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@SpeedForceSpider: Itachi already tried to harm him with Amaterasu and he used Shinra Tensei to repel the flames from his body, you could argue that the Edo helped with that but it was clear that the regen was not active and all showings of Amaterasu have been less than impressive anyway. Amaterasu is only good because it "sticks" to the target, if you can remove them you might as well be spitting water for all the good it will do. Waste of chakra for Itachi if he decides to do this.

At 100 meters Nagato could charge up his Shinra Tensei and level the entire area and likely kill Itachi in the process. Susanoo could block this but it would eat through his chakra incredible fast and leave him with no real way to counter before he runs out. The only way he could beat Nagato is if he replicated the same scenairo that allowed him to win the first time, blocking his vision with attacks and sealing him with Susanoo. Entirely possible but could be hard for him to pull off with his limited chakra reserves.

Outside of that Nagato has the stats to take this.

@Yusuke52: Actually it was the Edo that kept him alive. Logically, he should have died from being engulfed in those flames. Even still Itachi has two trump cards which are Izanami and Izunagi. Those techniques are pretty much what decides this battle.

Post by Yusuke52 (424 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@SpeedForceSpider: Fair points but the whole ordeal is less than spectacular given that Itachi went on with his monologue and even with that all the damage it done was burn away some skin and muscle, Had he have been bloodlusted and in his healthy form, like he is in this battle, he would have used Shinra Tensei straight away and countered with his own attacks.

Izanami wont help him much since it requires direct physical contact to initiate and actually instigate, not only that be it requires the physical contact between himself and Nagato to have the same "feeling" on both counts. Itachi has to cover 100 meters to use it, and Nagato has a plethora of long range attacks to take him out with while he tries to cross the distance. Izanami wont do much for him.

Izanagi is a hefty gamble given that even if it does work his chakra is going to take a huge hit since its chakra usage is INCREDIBLY high even with Hashirama's cells, and its potential without the cells is also very low, as even Danzo was taking big dips in his chakra when using it, and he pimped out his own body just to make use of it. And for Itachi to try using it outside of edo would be near suicidal and leave him little to no chakra to follow up with a counter. He struggles enough with his chakra, Izanagi would just make things worse for him.

Edit: Also Itachi never displayed Izanagi so there is no guarantee that he would know how to even use it since he himself has never displayed it. We cant say Yamato can use Moukujin no Jutsu just because he knows Mokuton, even if he had the chakra to pull it off himself.

Knowing that Izanami is a counter to it does not mean he can utilize it himself.

Post by taichokage (12,644 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
I'm with Pain on this one. You saw how Itachi required assistance in order to win.
Post by Kobra678 (2,933 posts) See mini bio Level 14

I'd say nagato. There really isn't anything that he could do here. Nagato already has been hit with amateratsu and just pushed it off via shinra tensei. Any attack long range or short range wont get to him thanks to his gravity jutsu. I can also see tons of ways nagato kills itachi.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@taichokage said:

I'm with Pain on this one. You saw how Itachi required assistance in order to win.
Post by waybig1010101 (2,478 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

a good fight but i say nagato because 1 way more chakra 2 has more ways to killl itachi then itachi can kill him but their is a way for itachi to win so 9/10 nagato.

Post by redbird3rdboywonder (176 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@SpeedForceSpider: I don't know with no knowledge it really puts this in favor of Nagato, since he could summon the Gedo Mazo among other things

@redbird3rdboywonder: Actually the no knowledge puts this in Itachi's favor. The Uchiha hax could get him. The problem for Itachi here is the range and 100m is enough time for Nagato to beef up a boss sized Shinra Tensei. Itachi could counter Gedo Mazo.

Nagato wins 6/10

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel