Itachi Vs Blackbeard

Topic started by GoldenStar66 on March 23, 2013. Last post by Dream 1 year, 7 months ago.
Post by GoldenStar66 (39 posts) See mini bio Level 7
The fight takes place in the Hidden Cloud Village. No prep. In character. Win by Death. Who wins? 

Post by taichokage (14,173 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Hmm. I'd say Blackbeard. The only thing of Itachi's that would 1 hit KO Blackbeard is the Sword of Totsuka. But In character he will not use it initially. He might try genjutsu or amaterasu. The former isn't lethal and the latter can be absorbed by Blackbeard who in turn could finish things in one blow with a quake.
Post by waybig1010101 (3,435 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now

i guess itachi's genjustu if not susanoo but i want to see blackbeard now and i think he'll probably win but im not to sure but for now i can see it going either way

Post by othus12 (7,301 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

a quake from blackbeard = GG

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,037 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Tsukiyomi should end this quickly. Other than that In character, I doubt Itachi would pull out the Totsuka Blade so Teach could win this.

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

You can survive the genjutsu if you are strong willed. Blackbeard carries the will of D and is tough enough to take a quake from whitebeard to the face. What can itachi really do to him?

Online Now
Totsuka blade can take down Teach. But as stated he doesn't resort to that early in battles when in character. And if they were bloodlusted Itachi would still lose because Blackbeard could quake him before Itachi could use the blade.
Post by 5th (1,298 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Black Beard, the only thing that's going to keep Itachi alive is Susano'o, and not even that is going to help him beat BB who has WB's devil fruit and that Yama Devil fruit.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Well we also know Blackbeard likes to taunt people, it's his one biggest weakness that we've seen in the series so far and has always lead to him receiving a lot of damage he didn't need to.

Itachi's a genius and would use the sword of totsuka straight away if he found out that it was the only way to win the battle. As for not using it quickly, he used it fairly fast against Nagato and the only reason he would've held it back for so long against Sasuke was because he was waiting for Orochimaru to come out. In fact my counter arguement to people saying he doesn't use it early would be that as soon as Orochimaru came out, Itachi sealed him before he could even finish his sentence.

I'd say given that they're both in character, Itachi has a good chance of winning this even though Blackbeard could wipe him out in one attack.

Post by The Stegman (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@TheNeutralOne said:

You can survive the genjutsu if you are strong willed. Blackbeard carries the will of D and is tough enough to take a quake from whitebeard to the face. What can itachi really do to him?

Surviving genjutsu has nothing to do with willpower, Kakashi is extrememly strong willed and Tsukuyomi k.o'ed him in seconds.

Online Now
I still doubt it would affect Blackbeard to the same extent. His stamina threshold is far above Kakashi's. But all the same it's not like it would have no effect.
Post by The Stegman (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@taichokage: I agree that Tsykuyomi won't take down Blackbeard like it would Kakashi, the pain thresholds in One Piece in general seem to be greater than Naruto's, I was simply stating that Blackbeard most likely isn't going to break out of it with willpower alone, he might however tolerate it until Itachi becomes exhausted.

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Edo Tensei Itachi wins fairly easily, is this edo or Itachi at the time of the fight with Sasuke?

Post by GoldenStar66 (39 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@hitsusatsu11: Edo Itachi.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@GoldenStar66: I would think then that Itachi has little to maybe moderate difficulty winning here. Any Genjutsu especially Tsuyokomi could end BB. Regular genjutsu might be countered by strong will but it takes a sharingan to counter Tsuyokomi. Susano with the sword of Totsuka and Yates mirror would also prove doom for BB. Amatarasu would at least be useful in setting up a winning move, and Itachi could always use one of those crazy desperation dojutsu (inzagi or inzami or whatever). The fact that he's edo means physical attacks (like quakes) would be next to useless.

Online Now
You need to post that it's Edo Itachi. It's not in his personal power set so it isn't automatically assumed. Blackbeard could still take down Itachi with Blackhole, but his chances of success are far more slim.
Post by othus12 (7,301 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

why do people use edo tensei version? nowadays it seems that naruto characters need edo tensei in order to even have a chance against other series....

Online Now
I agree. It's a cheap powerup that the charcters themselves do not possess and makes otherwise moderately powerful characters, almost invincible. What gives? Do we have to go back to Bleach characters are invisible and unapproachable due to reiatsu? Come on now.
Post by Dream (7,902 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Anyone mentioning Edo, there's no mention of it in the OP for battle conditions and the photo above clearly shows Itachi alive and well. So don't even factor it in for this match.

Otherwise, I'm inclined to agree that Blackbeard would be a bit much for Itachi to handle in terms of stats and the abilities of his Devil Fruits. Only hope for Itachi is striking down Blackbeard with Susanoo's Totsuka Sword, which he won't do right away unless he is aware of how powerful his foe is and Blackbeard's overconfidence leading him to take a blow from the sword.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel