Itachi Uchiha vs Minato Namikaze

Topic started by nishi99 on June 9, 2012. Last post by GIRUGAMESH 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@SpeedForceSpider: It's unlikely he would use Izanagi or Izanami because of their terrible side effects. They're really desperation moves because once you use them, you lose one of your eyes. For a sharingan user who relies on his eyes a lot, you can imagine how bad that would be and neither of the moves guarantee success.

Also before anyone questions me, Itachi is my favourite character so I'm no fan wanking Minato or anything here just saying it as I see it.

@GIRUGAMESH: I agree with your feats>statements but when the statement is made by the enemy then I don't see how that works. Why would any enemy go out and say something that doesn't benefit them in any way or form. Surely not just for the sake of talking. 3 of the most powerful members in Akatsuki admitted that Jiraiya would beat them.

I can understand where you're coming from when you say you would like for there to have been more feats shown, but even so from the feats shown he's been able to take on 3 very powerful ninja and beat them in 1 hit. Speed wise, he's easily the fastest character seen in the series other that possibly current Naruto. That was stated by none other than the Raikage, who is one of the fastest characters. Raikage stated that even with his with his lightening release armour enhancing his speed and reflexes he was still outmatched by Minato. Now we know how Raikage was totally blitzing Sasuke during their fight and although Itachi is possibly a little bit faster than Sasuke, I doubt he is THAT much faster than Sasuke. Battle intelligence wise I would say they are both equals and are both probably the most intelligent ninja in the series so far.

The only thing that would give Minato trouble is Susanoo, because like you said he would have difficulty getting past it. But like I've said Itachi can't keep it up for long. Also like you said if it was a real fight, Minato would probably have a technique for it.

Whether Pein could take Minato is another debate all together. Personally I think Minato could take him, provided he was fighting all 6 forms at the same time. If he didn't know the technique then he would probably fall in a similar way to Jiraiya. Speed is the key with Minato, as has been shown so far. He can take out a high class ninja in seconds, in fact I would say he would probably have a harder time with someone like Itachi than he would with Pein (mostly because of Itachi's intelligence).

I doubt the jinchuruukis would pose much of a threat, they've been taken out by various Akatsuki members like Deidara, Kisame, Hidan + Kakazu etc.

Edit: IT would definitely be a close fight. There's not many people imo who could threaten Minato like Itachi.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ohgodwhy: I see what you mean in finding difficulty with that, but that is down to one thing; the writing. Itachi stated that he would have only drawn against Jiraiya, and yet Kishimoto then slowly but surely introduces half a dozen new techniques for Itachi that would suggest he would win.

It's exactly the same with what's happening in the manga now between Hashirama and Madara.

*Around episode 70* We see an edo form of Hashirama and one of Tobirama fight, and then defeated/stalemated by an elderly Hiruzen. You assume, ok they were good, but not that amazing.

*Around manga 565* Kabuto: "no ninjas today could match Hashirama" (in spite of several characters being stronger than elderly Hiruzen at this point).

*Manga 589* Madara, after trashing the 5 kage with his new susano, states: "only Hashirama could stop me".

I know, it's incredibly frustrating. Ultimately it comes down to Kishi not thinking ahead or forgetting about the past events of the series. Which is why I always choose to go with feats over statements, even if the characters in question admit otherwise. For example, think back to when Orochimaru clearly stated "Itachi is stronger than I am". If Itachi had then been introduced and then lost to, or at least had a very hard time with, Kakashi, would you still accept Orochimaru's statement as being irrefutable? I know I wouldn't.

Note for that last part of your comment: when I said jinchuuriki, I only really meant Bee and Naruto, though I think that current Naruto is the only one who would get a clear win over Minato. When I said rinnegan users, I only really meant Edo Madara (who would certainly win) and Nagato at his prime (who I think would have a good shot).

@GIRUGAMESH: Actually if you read the manga fight between Edo Hashirama and Sarutobi, you can see that Sarutobi was screwed after Hashirama's first attack and had to summon Enma to even stand a chance. The anime put in a lot of filler which makes it seem that Sarutobi was putting up a fight when really he wasn't. The second time Hashirama attacked, once again Enma had to step in and save Sarutobi by putting him in a cage. And these were still the crappy edo's that Orochimaru used so they couldn't even fight anywhere near full power because they lacked intelligence and were ultimately sealed by Hiruzen. Basically the only reason Hiruzen didn't get stomped was because Enma is a ridiculously good summon (I wish he got more air time).

So if you go by actual manga feats you can't call Hashirama weak by an means and you can see why Kabuto's and Madara's statements still could stand and you can appreciate why Pein's, Itachi's and Kisame's statements still could stand.

Also Itachi destroyed Kakashi lol so even Orochimaru's statement still stands.

@ohgodwhy: We've discussed the edo situation before; not at full strength yes, but it would have been comparable. And technically, Enma was Sarutobi's summon, so it is still counted as being part of his strength. If Hashirama had truly been that strong, then even his edo would have crushed both Hiruzen and Enma.

Oh come on, you don't really think I meant that Itachi had a hard time with kakashi in the actual fight did you? I was only using a hypothesis, where if that had been the case, Oro's statement would have lost all credibility.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,962 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@ohgodwhy: Nobody said you were wanking him, Itachi is my favorite character in the series as well and I'm not being bias, nor am I saying he'd win easily. I do feel however, he will use those moves because Itachi has proven himself to be a man who will complete a mission at any cost be it his honor or vision. I mean he did use the Mangekyō Sharingan a lot to even get half blind in the first place and didn't care much as long as he fulfilled his obligation.

As I think about it Minato can win he has proven himself to be a tactical genius and skilled fighter, but Itachi is no slouch in strategy and has a mastery in powerful techniques. It's only because of what I've seen Itachi do via feats that I've reached this conclusion.

Post by FMStyyx (23 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Sasuke got Raikage, by unleashing amaterasu as a defense.. but sasuke is a novice.. and raikage is only a little below the 4th, i think hes the 2nd fastest ninja in the world. but itachi is a master with his sharingan so he would prolly shoot where the 4th would be goin rather than try to hit straight on like sasuke would (then sasuke would realize thats what he should do)

Both the 4th and tobi use time space jutsu so getting out of a tech. you know very well (not the same tech. but similar) and being a genius im sure hes capable of getting out of it without it being a surprise.

Itachi was prolly the best at genjutsu.. and he most likely would use it to distract the 4th like sasuke did with danzo (making danzo think he still had more time b4 his sharingan closed) but theres no way outta Tsukuyomi.. the 4th gets into that and hes toast.. the 4th would have to force itachi to use his trump card. and fear of his speed wouldnt be the reason in my opinon.. hed have to at risk of getting hit with sumthing that would ko him.. other wise hed conserve chakra just like the 4th b4 hes aware of his low stamina.. (even at full power unless its edo itachi)

Both are 2 smart to just waste their chakra.. itachi has more abilities i think

it would be no easy win. but i still lean toward itachi..

itachi still wins. in my book..

@GIRUGAMESH: Gamabunta was Minato's summon and he was also chuunin exam Naruto's summon. Summons don't relate to the strength of the person who summoned them.

The fight itself was very short, Hashirama only effectively used two moves and with the first he effectively immobilized Hiruzen and with the second he probably would have killed him, the anime just added a whole load of filler to make it look closer than it actually was

I know I was only messing with you about the Orochimaru thing lol.

@SpeedForceSpider: Fair enough.

@ohgodwhy: Lol fair enough.

But summons are classed as ninja tools, and though they don't directly reflect the strength of their summoners, it still counts as being a part of the summoner's power in summoning them in the first place. It's why we don't have battles like "Jiraiya vs Orochimaru and Manda"; Orochimaru can summon Manda whenever he wants. And so when I say Hiruzen is better than edo Hashirama, that takes into account enma as well. But to be fair, it makes a lot more sense that the edo forms were stronger as seen in the manga; with two hokage going at once they should have had a clear upper hand (just had a look at it).

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@ohgodwhy: Lol fair enough.

But summons are classed as ninja tools, and though they don't directly reflect the strength of their summoners, it still counts as being a part of the summoner's power in summoning them in the first place. It's why we don't have battles like "Jiraiya vs Orochimaru and Manda"; Orochimaru can summon Manda whenever he wants. And so when I say Hiruzen is better than edo Hashirama, that takes into account enma as well. But to be fair, it makes a lot more sense that the edo forms were stronger as seen in the manga; with two hokage going at once they should have had a clear upper hand (just had a look at it).

Yea, the 1st should have won that battle alone.. bc theres no way the 3rd was as strong or stronger than madara when he went up against the 1st..

itachi has never been defeated never(sasuke doesnt count) and the power you have is what summon comes out as shown when naruto first learns it and need the 9 tails chakra to summon Chief toad.. and jiraya could only summon that puny toad when he was drugged..

@FMStyyx: Neither has Minato (Kyuubi doesn't count).

Chakra does not equal power. Kisame could summon hundreds of sharks but would you say he was more powerful than Hiruzen or Minato? Would you say chuunin exam Naruto was more powerful than Minato? That's the point I was making.

@ohgodwhy said:

@FMStyyx: Neither has Minato (Kyuubi doesn't count).

Chakra does not equal power. Kisame could summon hundreds of sharks but would you say he was more powerful than Hiruzen or Minato? Would you say chuunin exam Naruto was more powerful than Minato? That's the point I was making.

its the strength of the chakra..

itachi has better feats.. hokage isnt that impressive.. i think itachi is in the top 5 most powerful ninja in the naruverse.. tobi is not included and orochimaru and the 4th arent either..

i dnt see how the 4th could possibly win..

Oh dear...

Post by Yusuke52 (426 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Online Now

@GIRUGAMESH: I would say the reason they did not appear strong was because it was near the start of the series and Masashi did not know where he wanted to take it in the long run. I would like to think he is going to give the 2 of them a powerboost given that he was ment to be equal to Madara, but we can only hope.

Itachi was too strong for orochimaru

but madara was so powerful i want them to show us his battle with the 1st ..that battle.. would be epic

@Yusuke52: If you read the manga they appear very strong anyway. Like I said above the anime filled it out a lot and made them look weaker. From the manga we have basically 3 feats shown during that fight.

1) Nidaime creating a really powerful water wall with no water source near by. The wall was powerful enough to stop a kage level fire attack and shocked the anbu watching.

2) Hashirama creating a small forest and trapping Hiruzen.

3) Hashirama about to kill Hiruzen but Hiruzen is saved by Enma.

Post by eddz99 (2,521 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I really don't know plenty of plotholes in naruto since 3rd hokage was hailed the strongest ninja does that mean he is stronger than both madara and 1st hokage?

@eddz99: In his prime he most likely was yes. We only have statements to go by though but he was said to have learned every jutsu in Konoha which is a very impressive feat and he was taught by two of the best kage ever.

Post by Dream (7,679 posts) See mini bio Level 21
As hypped as Minato is for being a strong shinobi, his feats are quite limited. He does have the speed to keep up with Itachi, but Shiki Fujin would be his only means of taking out Itachi to a mutual defeat since he wouldn't have anything else in his arsenal shown thus far to take out Itachi.

@Dream said:

As hypped as Minato is for being a strong shinobi, his feats are quite limited. He does have the speed to keep up with Itachi, but Shiki Fujin would be his only means of taking out Itachi to a mutual defeat since he wouldn't have anything else in his arsenal shown thus far to take out Itachi.

I agree with this.. i want them to show the 1st hokage's fight with madara.. and the 4th doing what he does to make him sound so amazing.. this is what we need to see..

Post by eddz99 (2,521 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Dream: Minato > 8 Tailed kage host > Itachi > Sasuke

I think the order is like this but.. not too sure though i dunno if current itachi will lose to minato but... the chances of minato losing is low.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel