Itachi Uchiha vs Byakuya Kuchiki (With Specifications)

Topic started by WhiteOni on May 21, 2014. Last post by generator2000 6 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by WhiteOni (4 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Itachi Uchiha:

Byakuya Kuchiki

Conditions

The Following are 2 scenarios I'd like to keep out of the discussion, as I feel that they're too circumstantial. , if you feel very strongly that one of these 2 scenarios is what would in fact actually happen, feel free to post about it, so long as you address the issue of likelihood that comes with it.

• Neither Fighter knows anything about the other fighter
  • General knowledge of each from both universes is available to each fighter. I.E. Byakuya knows of and about sharingan eyes, but he's not aware Itachi has them.
  • Byakuya's being a spirit (which, in the bleach universe, may be unaffected by the physical world.) will not be factored in. In other words, No saying "Itachi can't even touch him!"
  • Itachi's eye sight is fine
Post by takashichea (14,478 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@WhiteOni:

Please search your topic first especially when you used popular characters. I have to lock the most spammy thread.

That's really odd. Both topics are locked a long time ago. I'm calling and because I don't know what to do in this situation.

Sonata: why did you lock those 2 Itachi vs Byakuya threads?

Post by IndridCold (1,408 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now

@takashichea: Actually, keep this thread. The OP has worked on this one very hard as you can tell. Very developed thread indeed.

Post by Kurohige (3,755 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Dang, this is a well put together match, can Byakuya get past the Susanoo's defense? I say in speed they are equal or Itachi is faster via rections. The problem I see here is Itachi closing the distance as Byakuya's bankai is all about keeping the opponent out but I feel that if Itachi uses Susanoo he can tank that and use his sword to get some damage in. In the chance that Byakuya gets in close Itachi does have Izanami. Clos efight but i say itachi, my opinion can easily be changed though considering how well put together this is.

@IndridCold:

Check your outbox. You didn't send a PM due to glitches in the site. If that happens, PM me again. My only main gripe is that he put too much info in the OP.

All you need is

• Conditions - rules, restrictions (about equipment or power level due to story arc developments), location if it plays a significant factor.

The only time you need to explain a character is when you have an obscure character like Izayoi Sakamaki which loves to use a lot. Light Novel characters are really obscure. Manga and anime characters are easier to use because you have images and more access to material, legally or illegally.

His formatting is not easy to read.

@WhiteOni:

I finished reading your OP.

Pretty much, I have to take out everything except this:

• Neither Fighter knows anything about the other fighter
  • General knowledge of each from both universes is available to each fighter. I.E. Byakuya knows of and about sharingan eyes, but he's not aware Itachi has them.
  • Byakuya's being a spirit (which, in the bleach universe, may be unaffected by the physical world.) will not be factored in. In other words, No saying "Itachi can't even touch him!"
  • Itachi's eye sight is fine

That's all you need for the battle thread. Everything else is unnecessary information which you can look up on the wiki or Respect threads.

The other problem here is you lack formatting. I'll delete this information.

Dupe Threads

• The Itachi Uchiha vs Byakuya Kuchiki (read OP!!) was locked because the user restricted too much of Itachi's moves which ends being an mismatched thread that winds up in Byakuya's favor.
  • The Byakuya Kuchiki vs Itachi Uchiha - I have no idea why Sonata or past battle mods locked it. Usually, we lock spammy threads in favor of better threads. New dupe battle threads are not safe because you need to put care in making a thread.
Post by othus12 (8,031 posts) See mini bio Level 13

i love the use of Gifs for character pics.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,238 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Kudos to the thread creator for actually putting effort in.

Based on feats, I'm not 100% on who would win this. Byakuya's stats are better than Itachi's, but if Itachi pulls out susano then the captain's in for a hard time.

All the same, I think Byakuya is fast enough to avoid Itachi's attacks, and could outlast him if need be- Itachi's biggest weakness has always been his poor stamina/chakra reserves. Throw in kido, and I'm leaning more towards the shinigami. Byakuya wins after a long, difficult fight.

Based on hype, though? Same as before, except Byakuya wins more quickly and with less difficulty. If Renji is now higher captain level after that healing pool, then Byakuya is probably the strongest captain alive.

Post by GeneralVan (2,391 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Online Now

Bleach characters are affected by the physical world anyway. Chad was beating up a hollow with a telephone pole and various other interactions. They are invisible, not intangible. Also Itachi can see Byakuya since even characters with the least bit of spiritual energy (Tatsuki) can see them. Tatsuki also survived Yammy's soul suck. But as for the match if it's FKT/FB Arc Byakuya then Itachi wins. By hype though current Post-Royal Guard Byakuya would stomp.

Post by Redmonkeyssj4 (21 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@GIRUGAMESH said:

then Byakuya is probably the strongest captain alive.

That would be Kenpachi my friend.

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,865 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Itachi wins. Now that we got that out of the way.

Post by flashback180 (1,328 posts) See mini bio Level 14

the guy who can fly , use 100 million blades and probably win just by soul crush

http://i.imgur.com/i1zvXkc.jpg?1

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,865 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@flashback180:

And those blades hurt Itachi while he has susanoo how?

Post by 619locust (105 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@Whats_out_the_bag: by surrounding it and invading the cracks in its armor. Susanoo isn't a perfect defense: it has openings, they're just impractical to attack with something that can't be 100% surgically controlled like Byakuya's blades. Danzo managed to get into Sasuke's just fine, so presumably anywhere there's gaps in Susanoo's armor is going to be a glaring weak spot .

That said, Byakuya wins rather easilly.

Post by LHWKnight (2,810 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@619locust: Itachi's susanooo has no gaps or weaknesses as long as he has the Yata mirror and the Sword of Totsuka even a thousand blades would be hard pressed to pierce Itachi's Susanoo.

Danzo managed to get through Sasuke first stage Susanoo, so you can't compare it to Itachi's. There is no way for either Byakuya or Itachi to win this easily. Byakuya has no resistance to MS genjutsu, and Itachi is lacking in speed. Byakuya can use kid, while Itachi has ninjutsu.

Byakuya has Shikai and Bankai, while Itachi has Tsukuyomi, izanami, Yasaka Magatama and Susanoo.

I'd say Itachi could win with high difficulty.

@LHWKnight said:

@619locust: Itachi's susanooo has no gaps or weaknesses as long as he has the Yata mirror and the Sword of Totsuka even a thousand blades would be hard pressed to pierce Itachi's Susanoo.

-thats okay, Byakuya has 100,000 lol also even if Itachi's Susanoo is as developed as Madara's, its vulnerable from the ground at the very least. Also shields only block one direction.

Danzo managed to get through Sasuke first stage Susanoo, so you can't compare it to Itachi's. There is no way for either Byakuya or Itachi to win this easily. Byakuya has no resistance to MS genjutsu, and Itachi is lacking in speed. Byakuya can use kid, while Itachi has ninjutsu.

-Byakuya fought almost evenly with Ichigo who blocked 100,000 blades in every direction instantly in the same fight...so we know Byakuya has a DRASTIC combat speed advantage, and he also has a tendency to blitz , and if not then he hangs back and spams his technique. That's really all he does, and all he needs to. Tsukiyomi wouldn't break Byakuya, who severs his own tendons without hesitating and has about 1000 years of discipline. If anything it'd open him up to a shunpo blitz the second it was over. Other than that, Itachi's not hitting him.

Byakuya has Shikai and Bankai, while Itachi has Tsukuyomi, izanami, Yasaka Magatama and Susanoo.

-I respect you ignoring Amaterasu, because its useless lol they hyped it up so hard and then....made it an inconvenience that could be ignored until later lol

I'd say Itachi could win with high difficulty.

-I'd say 5/10 times Byakuya wins quickly, 4/10 Times Byakuya wins by hanging back and spamming his stupid ocean of flower petals, and 1/10 times Itachi pulls off an Izanami. Then maybe Amaterasus him since he's actually defenseless. Stabbing Bleach characters seems to be like shooting Jason Vorhees. It might do something...but probably not.

@619locust:

This is what I think. The Yata Mirror was an ethereal shield wielded by the left arm of Itachi's Susanoo. It is said to be endowed with all nature transformations and as such changes its own characteristics to completely negate any opposition, whether it be spiritual, or physical.

Senbonzakura is spiritual based so there is a high chance it will be negated. This is why I say he could win because even if Byakuya tries to get in from all sides, if he is in the mirror, he is pretty much safe from any spiritual or physical attack.

There is also crow clones and replacement jutsu if he needs to get out of a bind and he doesn't have to stay on the ground with Susanoo.

those who are stabbed by the sword are drawn into the jar and trapped in a genjutsu-like "world of drunken dreams" for all eternity; by extension, Itachi also managed to remove the Cursed Seal of Heaven from Sasuke by stabbing and removing Orochimaru from Sasuke's body. It can also cut through objects like a normal blade, thereby giving the wielder great versatility in his attacks. Being a variant of the Sword of Kusanagi, this sword can cut through almost anything, as seen when Itachi easily decapitated seven of Orochimaru's eight-headed snakes. Orochimaru sought the sword for all his life and Zetsu commented that he could never find it.

He can easily stab through Byakuya's spirit energy.

Then you have to take in the account that Itachi's susanoo can grow another set of arms which wield the Yasaka no Magatama Through the use of Susanoo, the user is able to create the Yasaka Magatama from any of its hands, which can comprise of a single magatama to several bound together through their respective centres by a thread of chakra. Due to this structure, the tools act in a similar manner to that of a shuriken when thrown by Susanoo — rapidly spinning towards the intended target — and result in a powerful collision upon impact. The size of the created projectiles are dependent upon the user's intent and situation, with smaller variations often used when fighting in close quarters or confined spaces.

So even with difficulty itachi's chances of winning are still pretty good.

@619locust: Also Tsukiyomi should effect him as he along with all of the other reapers fell under Kyoka suigetsu, which controls all five senses.

Tsukuyomi requires eye contact to be performed, trapping the target within an illusion completely under the user's control. Itachi's prowess with the technique has allowed him to alter the perception of time with ease within the genjutsu to make a few seconds seem like many days as a means to torture the target. This results in the victim suffering psychological trauma that incapacitates them for a considerable period of time.

While not the same, they still both alter a person's perception and can cause a lot of damage. causing damage to a persons mind is way more dangerous than causing physical damage as Itachi can use the jutsu to even make someone see what they fear most.

I believe Äs Nödt can vouch for that.

as for speed blitz, sense Itachi is almost always ready in battle, Crow clones, exploding clones and substitution jutsu will keep him from getting blitzed.

@LHWKnight: problem. Everything you listed is dependent on Susanoo, and Itachi does not have infinite chakra. At best this plan is extremely short lived. The instant he can't maintain Perfect Susanoo in 100% form, he's dead.

Most Uchiha stand at the base of Susanoo, idr Itachi ever going into his mirror. See,you're picturing one single tendril of Byakuya's blades or something. That's not how he rolls: he'd hit from all sides at once. Every crack, even the ground itself becomes a vulnerability. Every blade is surgically controlled, and there's 100,000 of them...

If a 30 something year old Kakashi can handle Tsukiyomi, so can 1,000 year old Byakuya. I'm not saying he's immune, but the factors that made everyone in the Narutoverse vulnerable to having their psyche broken doesn't really apply to Byakuya. His personality, his training, his discipline, fast planning and reaction time, and age and experience in general mean he will be less effected (after the fact) than anyone we've seen Itachi use it on. If anything, Itachi will be the one open after that for not realizing that a thousand year nightmare isn't quite so bad to someone who's already a thousand years old. There's no way he'd expect that lol

When i mentioned stabbing, I was referring to Kunai. This would only come into play if Byaluya used his shunpo/one slash blitz off the bat and Itachi was able to react. The Blade of Totsuka simply won't connect, Byakuya would never go near that thing and he's fast too fast and not exactly stupid. Plus he has no reason to get in close if he sees Itachi is heavily armored. He'd just sit back and prod for vulnerabilities, which Itachi has.

The Yasaka Magatama isn't even worth mentioning. The only time Itachi would use that is at range, but at range Byakuya can easily dodge it. its not faster than a guy who can fight a guy who can attack every single direction at once. With a sword.

Itachi's eyes cannot see behind him. That's where Byakuya steps when he blitzes. And even if he sees the blitz, he cannot stop Byakuya's sword without Susanoo. If he tries blocking it with a kunai, he dies. If he tries dodging, Byakuya blitzes the dodge lol....

I'm pretty sure crow clones are genjutsu, unfortunately basic genjutsu are dispelled by simply having chakra injected into you from another source. Byakuya's sword is a whole 'nother person lol its literally alive and constantly injecting rieatsu into him. In theory this would break the flow from the genjutsu, rendering Byakuya essentially immune to all Genjutsu that isn't eye related. I won't rely on this particular point, but do see that the logic is sound (were reiatsu and chakra equalized, which I assume they are here). If Samaehada can protect against Genjutsu, or a tailed beast, then so can a zanpakto.

You have to remember, even if we super simplify it, this is a ninja vs a death god. As crappy a writer as Kubo is, and as developed as Kite's characters are, it is still a relative human vs a relative god. Itachi only has hax, not the stats. Byakuya has stats and a literal counter-hax (senbonzakura).

Strength: Itachi<Senbonzakura< Byakuya<<<Susanoo

Speed: Byakuya

Combat speed: unfairly Byakuya, by huge margin

Perception: Itachi by principal, but there's really almost no difference. Both can see chakra/reiatsu points in the body/their surroundings. Except Byakuya can do it blind. So really Byakuya, but let's assume Itachi gets more detail.

Durability: Itachi<<<<Byakuya<<<Senbonzakura<Susanooo

Endurance: Byakuya easy. Shinigami eat body-slashes for breakfast. Like constantly. I saw a video of Shinigami just getting mortally wounded and not friggin dying, it was hilarious.

Stamina: Byakuya, Itachi's will run out with every blow he blocks. Byakuya has so much power he can disorient Itachi and bring him to his knees with just the pressure of it. While restricted on Earth. At full power, who knows.

Intelligence: Itachi, he has more feats of planning ahead.

Experience: Byakuya. By hundreds of years.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel