Ino, Sakura, and Hinata vs. Konan

Topic started by Aradia on May 17, 2010. Last post by Fantasma 4 years, 2 months ago.
Post by Aradia (69 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Well I did this battle already for comicvine, so I just thought what's AnimeVice opinion(: 
Fight is inspired by Naruto Shippuden 7 opening.


vs.

Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
mmmmmm one fire jutsu, i am sure that is pretty basic for a ninja
 
or water jutsu
Post by BattleHeiz (5,765 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@cfatalis: but they can't use fire jutsu
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@battleheiz: so they are not taught on how to do one?, i thought that was one basic
Post by BattleHeiz (5,765 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@cfatalis: only in uciha clan
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@battleheiz: well that means tony stark can't make a calculator
 
besides even if there's no fire jutsu, they would still win, Konan had what feat? what?
turning into paper?
Post by BattleHeiz (5,765 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@cfatalis: I am not saying they lose
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
This is quite difficult to decide. Konan has barely been seen in battle and the potency of her abilities are not properly known. One however can state that she is certainly a powerful and highly dangerous shinobi due to being an Akatsuki member. 
 
ND    
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Newdeath said:
" This is quite difficult to decide. Konan has barely been seen in battle and the potency of her abilities are not properly known. One however can state that she is certainly a powerful and highly dangerous shinobi due to being an Akatsuki member.  ND     "
being made of paper seems to be somewhat going on the opposite on that
sure she is good on recon, spying mission and such
but paper?
Post by Nanatsu (322 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Konan
 
None of the 3 have ever shown using water or fire based jutsu in canon. Konan could just smother them with paper, like she did during Pain's invasion
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@cfatalis: You're not taking into consideration that Konan was able to commit mass murder using only her paper during her and Pain's search for Naruto. Being an Akatsuki member should certainly prove my point of her being a dangerous opponent. She is also much more experienced than all three of them. Hinata's attacks tend to be too close ranged and although Sakura can create fissures with her chakra enhanced blows it can be easy escaped since Konan possesses the ability of flight when she uses her "Paper Wings" and Ino is barely a threat. I hold my opinion not only because she is an S-Rank kunoichi but also because she is held in high regard by the extremely powerful Pain.  
 
ND
Post by Aradia (69 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@Newdeath said:

" This is quite difficult to decide. Konan has barely been seen in battle and the potency of her abilities are not properly known. One however can state that she is certainly a powerful and highly dangerous shinobi due to being an Akatsuki member.  ND     "

The same applies to people who degrades Hinata and Ino, characters who aren't portray much into the manga and series aren't kown that well but from organization it tells us very few. Everyone knows what Sakura is capable of due to her being one of the main protagonist.
Post by sickVisionz (4,233 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Moderator
I think Sakura would have a decent chance of soloing Konan.  Add Hinata to the mix and I don't see how Konan emerges victorious.  I don't think she'll be able to touch Hinata since that Hyuga spinny chakra ball move is at least strong enough to blow away sheets of paper.  Fire or water is enough to take out Konan and I've seen ninjas in the past summon stuff like that from a standard scroll (Shikamaru and Kakashi vs Kakuzu and Hidan to rescue Choji and Ino). 
 
Ino is probably a detriment to the team though.  I haven't seen her do anything worthwhile ever, whether it be og series, shippuuden or filler.  Hinata or Sakura might get injured having to save her sorry ass.
 
@Newdeath: But she's only held in high regard because they were childhood friends.  Being in Akatsuki doesn't mean too much.  Some of them are really amazing but some of them are people like Deidara (whose only ability was dropping bombs and suicide), Hidan (who got his entire fighting method discovered and weak points found in like 5 minutes and was later solo'd by a ninja without crazy hacks like infinite chakra monsters and magic eyes), Karin (nuff said), Suigetsu and Jugo.
Post by Nanatsu (322 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Aradia said:
" @Newdeath said:

" This is quite difficult to decide. Konan has barely been seen in battle and the potency of her abilities are not properly known. One however can state that she is certainly a powerful and highly dangerous shinobi due to being an Akatsuki member.  ND     "

The same applies to people who degrades Hinata and Ino, characters who aren't portray much into the manga and series aren't kown that well but from organization it tells us very few. Everyone knows what Sakura is capable of due to her being one of the main protagonist. "
No one is degrading either of these 2, they are simply too weak. Hinata is to shy and timid, and has not evoloved as much as the other characters. She is a close range fighter, which will do no good in this fight considering Konan can keep her distance by flight. Ino is no good either, Shikamaru said it best her abilities work best when in a team, and when Shikamaru has the enemy tied down so she can use her mind transfer jutsu without it failing, she has not worked on ateam with either of these two and they have no techniques to keep Konan down, making Ino innefective. The only person who is even close is Sakura and even she is a close range fighter. Her best feat required help. Replace Ino with a more expereinced konoha ninja, Kurenai, Anko. Any of these would stand a much better chance leading the team to victory.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@sickVisionz: Deidara was an extremely dangerous shinobi. The fact that Pain stated he was a great loss to the organization is something to be considered. Karin was never a member of Akatsuki, Karin however was a member of Taka that was only associated with Akatsuki. She never truly joined. I don't think Konan should be taken so lightly, I assume so because she is as an S-Rank shinobi. Lets not forget even Jiraiya stated that Konan was a very talented student of his. 
 
@Aradia: Hinata's techniques are close ranged and she will definitely have a difficult time trying to land a blow on Konan. Ino I can't say much for, I won't assume she is as formidable as Konan since I haven't seen much from and not much can be said about her abilities or possible capabilities.  
 
ND
Post by Nanatsu (322 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@sickVisionz said:
" I think Sakura would have a decent chance of soloing Konan.  Add Hinata to the mix and I don't see how Konan emerges victorious.  I don't think she'll be able to touch Hinata since that Hyuga spinny chakra ball move is at least strong enough to blow away sheets of paper.  Fire or water is enough to take out Konan and I've seen ninjas in the past summon stuff like that from a scroll a standard scroll. 
 
Ino is probably a detriment to the team though.  I haven't seen her do anything worthwhile ever, whether it be og series, shippuuden or filler.  Hinata or Sakura might get injured having to save her sorry ass.
 
@Newdeath: But she's only held in high regard because they were childhood friends.  Being in Akatsuki doesn't mean too much.  Some of them are really amazing but some of them are people like Deidara (whose only ability was dropping bombs and suicide), Hidan (who got his entire fighting method discovered and weak points found in like 5 minutes and was later solo'd by a ninja without crazy hacks like infinite chakra monsters and magic eyes), Karin (nuff said), Suigetsu and Jugo. "
Sakura has no chance of soling. Hinata has never been shown using any of the advance moves of the gentle fist. She's not Neji, the only technique she devoloped since the time skip was that lion attack she used against Pain. Even her little sister has been shown to be better at the gentle fist. But none have shown being able to use fire or water based techniques, or have shown possessing the scrolls. Even if they did they would still have to tag Konan, who can keep her distance through flight. 
 
Thats not a very good argument, using Deidara and Hidan, to say Konan isn't a powerful ninja. I would respect it, if you said she hasen't shown enough to prove she is powerful. Deidara was able to push Sasuke to his limits, defeated a Gaara who was Kaxekage and on home turf, and Pain expressed regret that Deidara was gone as he held him in such high regards. Hidan defeated Asuma who was a jonin. You dont need crazy powers to be strong. Shikamaru could defeat lots of powerful ninja's with prep. Something he had before he got his revenge against Hidan. Even Kakuzu was impressed by Shikamaru's tactics, and he had been alive for over 90 years. Them 3 only got on because they were with Sasuke whom Tobi needed, and all 3 have not been shown enough to say that they are weak, or not worthy of being on Akatsuki, considering the opponents they took on were a jinchuriki and a kage.
Post by Aradia (69 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@Nanatsu said:
" @Aradia said:
" @Newdeath said:

" This is quite difficult to decide. Konan has barely been seen in battle and the potency of her abilities are not properly known. One however can state that she is certainly a powerful and highly dangerous shinobi due to being an Akatsuki member.  ND     "

The same applies to people who degrades Hinata and Ino, characters who aren't portray much into the manga and series aren't kown that well but from organization it tells us very few. Everyone knows what Sakura is capable of due to her being one of the main protagonist. "
No one is degrading either of these 2, they are simply too weak. Hinata is to shy and timid, and has not evoloved as much as the other characters. She is a close range fighter, which will do no good in this fight considering Konan can keep her distance by flight. Ino is no good either, Shikamaru said it best her abilities work best when in a team, and when Shikamaru has the enemy tied down so she can use her mind transfer jutsu without it failing, she has not worked on ateam with either of these two and they have no techniques to keep Konan down, making Ino innefective. The only person who is even close is Sakura and even she is a close range fighter. Her best feat required help. Replace Ino with a more expereinced konoha ninja, Kurenai, Anko. Any of these would stand a much better chance leading the team to victory. "
I'm just saying in general, people degrade the two. True Hinata is shy and timid, but that's her own moral and personality type, which is why she hasn't evolved as much as other characters has. Her gentle step tiger fist was shown to push Pain back, which she could probably do the same to Konan's paper. Ino is a medical ninja which can suite her in battle has she can't physically fight off Konan. She can heal her teammates.  Or hide and use her mind transfer jutsu. Sakura is impressive and she should manage to find a way to hold off Konan. I would have Kurenai or Anko, but I can't change it now.):
@Newdeath said:  
@Aradia: Hinata's techniques are close ranged and she will definitely have a difficult time trying to land a blow on Konan. Ino I can't say much for, I won't assume she is as formidable as Konan since I haven't seen much from and not much can be said about her abilities or possible capabilities.   ND "

Agreed.
Post by sickVisionz (4,233 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Moderator
@Nanatsu: I'm not using those two to say Konan is weak.  I'm using those two to say that Akatsuki =/= god ninja by default.  I think Konan sucks because she's never done anything impressive and she's easily weakened by water and fire.  Saying ninjas don't have scrolls is down there with saying Hinata can't use shurikens because they haven't shown her using them.  Scrolls are like basic ninja abilities.
 
Deidara is blow imo.  His only ability is to fly in the air and drop bombs.  Without that he has no skills as a ninja and is forced to commit suicide in order to defeat his opponents.
Post by Fantasma (360 posts) See mini bio Level 7
As stated in some posts above, I give the advantage to Konan, although we haven't seen much from her, we could actually speculate her level of power thanks to her training under Jiraija, her Akatsuki membership and must importantly her experience, remember that she has seen and been in the company of legendary shinobis like Hanzo. Now using what we know of Konan's primary jutsu, her "paper" ability gives her an advantage over this close combat fighters, Sakura although exceptionally strong, and Hinata with her taijutsu and Byakugan are not well suited to fight this type of adversary that can basically outmaneuver them and neutralize their effectiveness, I don't see poor Ino doing much as her abilities are complemented by her teammates. Lastly, Konan jutsu gives many ways of attacking, and from many angles and different ranges, and all her Origami and imagination can come up with.
Post by Aradia (69 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@Fantasma said:
" As stated in some posts above, I give the advantage to Konan, although we haven't seen much from her, we could actually speculate her level of power thanks to her training under Jiraija, her Akatsuki membership and must importantly her experience, remember that she has seen and been in the company of legendary shinobis like Hanzo. Now using what we know of Konan's primary jutsu, her "paper" ability gives her an advantage over this close combat fighters, Sakura although exceptionally strong, and Hinata with her taijutsu and Byakugan are not well suited to fight this type of adversary that can basically outmaneuver them and neutralize their effectiveness, I don't see poor Ino doing much as her abilities are complemented by her teammates. Lastly, Konan jutsu gives many ways of attacking, and from many angles and different ranges, and all her Origami and imagination can come up with. "
Bingo(:
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel