If Blackbeard wasnt stupid, could he...

Topic started by Jinbeifan1 on Oct. 2, 2012. Last post by Destinyheroknight 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,449 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Challenge some of the much more powerful characters like Yammamoto? He is smart, but at the same time stupid in my opinion, especially during fights. he could potentially absorb any attack and all attacks that come at him, but he seems to forget about the upside of his devil fruit a lot. a lot of the stuff he's taken damage from is out of his stupidity. what do you all think?

Post by All_StarSupes (781 posts) See mini bio Level 10

He could beat Yamma-Ji whether clever or stupid. Nobody can stop the Quake attack unless you have an insane amount of Haki.

Post by taichokage (15,268 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Nah not Yamaji. He could not even get close. Juhabach said his blute vene is what kept him from turning to ash, but he still felt like he was burning (and that was indirect heat). 15,000,000 is as hot as the core of the sun. And Yamamoto has tanked his own shikai flames unleashed all at once (thanks to Wonderweiss). A quake couldn't fell him in 1 go. But could he beat someone else very hax? Probably, just maybe not Yamaji.

@taichokage: actually that wasnt juha bach, that was his servant clone, if you read the most recent chapter. of course what i predicted had happened (everyone probably guessed it). but i still have to disagree, you cant turn darkness into nothingness.... it already is :D lol but also remember, he can quake as many times as he wants, he doesnt have a limit.

I call him that because I don't know his name. But all the same, he couldn't do it. His darkness didn't block the fire of Ace and his flame is not nearly as potent as Yamaji's. He even ran from Akainu. Against Yamaji's heat he'd fare even worse. Especially as the guy is also a kido master and has high level brute strength and durability.

@taichokage: as i said, the reason he takes so much damage is because he doesnt utilize his power as often as he should. the point of the thread is that if he WERENT so stupid at times (lol) would he be able to fight these type of people? I would think so, once he finally masters his devil fruit, he could challenge someone like yama ji. and lets be honest, we've seen that blackbeard may be stupid, but he also has a HUGE amount of durability. he took fire spears in the chest from Ace, he took a city busting quake to the face and was able to get back up, much faster than even akainu did. he also scratched Shanks face (hes featless though besides his small clash with WB, so I guess he doesnt count)

Post by Sonata (35,688 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Not a battle and moved.
Post by All_StarSupes (781 posts) See mini bio Level 10

The whole hotter than the sun was hyperbole for me, the rest of his bankai I have no problem believing in. You can't be hotter than the sun and yet nothing is being destroyed or melting around him. And he has no answer for the quake attack.

You're right. I still have my doubts as to how he would fare against Yamaji (the only other person besides Whitebeard in the HST that has been said to be able to destroy the world.) but I didn't give him enough credit. Yes if he were smart he probably could fight Yamaji possibly to a win.
That's just anime physics. You can't move at light speed and not cause damage to the planet ordinarily either. When you have an exact number like that in anime it usually isnt hyperbole either. Like saying "Im as hot as the core of the sun!" might be hyperbole, but when the author weites "its heat, reaches 15,000,000", that is likely not hyperbole. As for the quake, tank it? Block it with a bakudo, counter it with Zanka no taichi north perhaps? Akainu was able to block it and tank it, albeit not easily.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Blackbeard isn't stupid, he rely on luck. That is his theme

Also let us remember that he probably isn't used to the power yet and need to train. (look at Luffy, when he first got his power)

@Jinbeifan1:

You do know the series isn't over yet? I believe the next time we see Blackbeard, he'll have more control over his powers

@Destinyheroknight: i know that, im just talking about the previous showings of him. and like i said, hes smart but he can also act stupid and as you say relies on luck too much

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Jinbeifan1:

I just look at his fight with Ace, it seem that Blackbeard have a low reaction time then stupidity

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel