Ichigo vs Gilgamesh vs Sephiroth

Topic started by UnHoLy_CruSadE on June 23, 2011. Last post by CerusSerenade 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@supernova7005: Do you have video or scan to prove that point?

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,754 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@supernova7005: I think that's lighting based magic rather than actual lighting

Post by ReliusClover (784 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Kuma_From_Argentina: You don't think, you know it my friend.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,754 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@ReliusClover: LOL, I'll search my feelings and I'll know is true?

Post by ReliusClover (784 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Exactly!

Post by CerusSerenade (2,623 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Online Now

By that logic every time lightning magic is dodged in fire emblem all the characters should be lightning-timers, lol.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,947 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@CerusSerenade said:

By that logic every time lightning magic is dodged in fire emblem all the characters should be lightning-timers, lol.

Wouldn't this be using gameplay mechanics and contradicting everything you guys have been arguing against?

Online Now

@SpeedForceSpider: It happens in cinematics as well, an example being in the recently released Fire Emblem Awakening. Thoron (a high level lightning magic tome) was being dodged by Validar.

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

This thread deserves a serious lock. cloud and sephiroth are calculated to be triple digit hypersonic and even H2 ichigo was calculated to be mach 700 here http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-general/the-speed-of-lanza-del-relampago-158325/. cloud tanked a supernova without much damage which puts sephiroth at supernova+ durability. nothing gil has done comes remotely close to these feats. sephy can just slice through gil like butter.

Post by Dream (7,623 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@supernova7005: Just one major problem with the calc: Ichigo and Ulquiorra are shown to be yards apart from each other and the panels clearly show that at least a few seconds had gone by between the firing of the Lanza and H2 Ichigo evading the attack. There's no way the attack is gonna be anywhere above Mach 10-15-ish.

And for those who can't read the page since it looks MovieCodec is having hiccups, here's what our "friend" is talking about:

This is a subject I feel is not really touched upon, but when you examine carefully, the Lanza seems to be massively, massively fast.

Don’t worry, I’m only asking you to make an estimation on the range of this speed. Don’t try to calculate the distance between the explosion and Las Noches - Bleach isn’t rendered in perfect depth for you to do that.

First, though, the size of Las Noches:

Cid wrote: It all depends on which gate they started at... Average walking distance (you can’t prove they would WALK faster than average) would be around 215 miles in 72 hours. Then you have to deduct roughly 18 hours for sleep. (assuming they only got about 6 hours a day) And a little over an hour a day for breaks and whatnot (just to be fair) and you’d come up with around 50 hours for walking. According to Google Maps, you can walk 150 miles in 50 hours. That’s roughly 3 miles per hour.

Now, if I recall correctly, they were on the corner of Los Noches when Neil pointed and said the closest gate is that way. We’ll just assume for consistency that there would be a gate in the middle of each wall. (you really don’t want there to be more than one gate because it really just makes it much larger) She’d be pointing to the short end of Los Noches and basically saying the middle of the wall is 150 miles that way. So you have 300 miles for the total length of the short side.

http://i3.mangapanda.com/bleach/351/bleach-2402627.jpg

Just judging by this panel, Los Noches' long side is at least 3 times longer than the short. So basically the long side is around 900 miles.

Giving you a square footage of roughly 270,000 miles. Or roughly 434,000 km. So basically the size of Texas. Even if you cut down drastically... Giving them only 25 hours of walking instead of 50, it’s still half the size of Texas. You’re looking at a huge structure no matter how you slice it.

Now, that’s pretty big. But the most astounding thing is that Lanza, which was fired somewhat from the middle of Las Noches. Please note that it’s impossible to tell where they are, but it’s definitely still near the spot where that shockwave hit. However, they were definitely still in Las Noches circumference.

So Lanza tavelled all of this: http://i3.mangareader.net/bleach/351/bleach-2402625.jpg

http://i3.mangareader.net/bleach/351/bleach-2402627.jpg

In a time-spam this short:

http://i20.mangareader.net/bleach/351/bleach-2402629.jpg

No more than 1-4 seconds, since the fight did not continue. And it would be, in my opinion, grossly ridiculous to assume more.

And now, what range was Lanza in? I would say definitely in the massively hypersonic range.

Please consider the facts and draw your own conclusions. Thank you.

It's ridiculous to think such a feat now makes Bleach characters on par to anyone from Negima or EOS Yuyu Hakusho.

And again, we're relying on gameplay mechanics for feats? Geez, that is like saying Dan from Street Fighter could beat M. Bison just because you can play as him in the game.

Online Now

@supernova7005: If Supernova really does destroy the solar system why is it that they are still there when he uses it again? It's a gameplay cinematic effect, nothing more.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel