Ichigo vs Gilgamesh vs Sephiroth

Topic started by UnHoLy_CruSadE on June 23, 2011. Last post by CerusSerenade 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,835 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Sephiroth murders these guys.

Post by othus12 (6,360 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Fehafare: masamune can shrugh off gae bolg

Post by Fehafare (8,516 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@othus12: Excuse me, but how will a simple sword do that?

@SpeedForceSpider: Replace "Sephiroth" with "Gilgamesh" and you got it right.

Post by othus12 (6,360 posts) See mini bio Level 12

masamune a simple sword in your dreams, its the strongest weapon of FF. also sephirot is the strongest being in FF7 and his power is that of the very lifestream now please tell what stops sephirot from killing gilgamesh or the magician that summoned him?

Online Now

@othus12: Gae Bolg always hits the heart, negates regeneration and turns you whole body into mash, you can't block it with physical means. And there is still Ea, the dimensions busting, reality ripping planet buster. Masamune isn't doing shit unless you can show me a feat where it blocks fate and causality.

"Strongest" this, "Strongest" that, titles have no meaning. Gilgamesh is also the strongest Servant and Ea is the strongest Noble Phantasm, yet it is no feat for him to why he should win.

What stops him from killing Gil? The fact that Gilgamesh can tank most of the stuff Seph throws at him? Deflect it? Reflect it? Dish out 10 times more?

And "that magician" is not even present in this kind of battles, and even if he was killing him would result be stabbed by Gil in the back. But even if "that magician" is killed Gilgamesh would remain several days without feeling any trouble at all.

Post by katanalauncher (397 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Whoever wins, Ichigo loses.

@Fehafare: In your dreams Sephiroth overkill's Gil.

Post by Dream (7,243 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@SpeedForceSpider: Nope, Gil slaughters Ichigo and the One Winged Angel via Gate of Babylon. The various properties and effects from the Noble Phantasms within GoB, especially Gae Bolg, would fuck Gil's foes up rather badly.

@Dream: Shit you're right, I forgot about his effing hax moves. Gil wins.

Post by Dartz (164 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Well, since strength and speed were equalized, Gil should take this.

Online Now

@Dartz: It wouldn't be any different if it wasn't equal.

@Fehafare said:

@Dartz: It wouldn't be any different if it wasn't equal.

I think it would, since Sephiroth's speed and strength are enough to one-shot Gil. And depending on the starting distance Sephiroth might be able to blitz him. I just don't see Gil dealing a teleportation + Octaslash combo.

@Dartz: Gil's armor is quite durable as it took a point-blank Excali-blast (a town-level busting attack) from Saber to even be capable of piercing the armor and I don't recall Sephiroth having any such destructive feats unless he preps Meteor. It's even claimed by his title's creator that Gil could single-handedly win against all the Servants in the Holy Grail War, counting Saber and Servants with high speed, within a short amount of time if his pride and arrogance weren't in the way thanks to how much hax he has on him through Gate of Babylon. Unless Sephiroth has a means of shutting down Gil's access to Gate of Babylon which I highly doubt, Sephiroth will be incapable of offing Gil or even evading GoB.

@Dream: Actually, Saber was able to pierce Gil's armor with regular slashes during the battle at the bridge, but the armor was capable to regenerate damage. Now, Sephiroth's casual slash at the falling top of the Shinra building is above city-block level, so I doubt Gil's armor can tank an Octaslash or more than a couple of Sephiroth's sword swings.

As for durability, Sephiroth has his barriers. The one at the Northern Crater was able to temporarily resist an energy blast from the Sister Ray at Junon, even when powered by Midgar's reactors. That's above town-level, considerably so.

Judging from your past posts, you seem to have a good grasp on elements of Nasuverse. So this shouldn't fly over your head too badly...

Actually, Saber was able to pierce Gil's armor with regular slashes during the battle at the bridge, but the armor was capable to regenerate damage.

In the game, Gil was able to block multiple slashes from Excalibur using only the hands of his armor when necessary to fend off attacks aimed at his head.

Now, Sephiroth's casual slash at the falling top of the Shinra building is above city-block level, so I doubt Gil's armor can tank an Octaslash or more than a couple of Sephiroth's sword swings.

Have any pictures or video of Seph destroying Shinra? Can't recall this little moment.

As for durability, Sephiroth has his barriers. The one at the Northern Crater was able to temporarily resist an energy blast from the Sister Ray at Junon, even when powered by Midgar's reactors. That's above town-level, considerably so.

The barriers would be screwed against Ea considering Gil was able to destroy Iskander's Reality Marble with it and can open dimensional rifts with its power output. Durability would mean jack squat as well against any anti-magic Noble Phantasm or Gae Bolg from Gate of Babylon.

@Dream: Hold on how fast is Gil compared to Seph? IIRC, Sephitoth is lightning quick.

@SpeedForceSpider: Most Servants in the Fate franchise are capable of low-end hypersonic speeds. Gilgamesh doesn't have many feats of movement speed since he mostly resorts to overwhelming his foes with Gate of Babylon or Ea. But he does have great reaction time as he was capable of fending off blows from Assassin and Saber in the Fate/ Stay Night game.

@Dream: I need to finish the game then because Gils speed in the anime wasn't very impressive. Sephiroth could easily speed-blitz him before Gil could activate Gate of Babylon or Ea.

@SpeedForceSpider: Yeah, the anime did a nice number of alterations to how some of the battles played out. For instance, the game had Gil blocking Saber's sword strikes using only his hands when he summoned his armor while the anime had him blocking blows with swords he summoned through Gate of Babylon. Makes a big difference in judging the capabilities of characters in battle debates.

@Dream said:

In the game, Gil was able to block multiple slashes from Excalibur using only the hands of his armor when necessary to fend off attacks aimed at his head.

True.

Have any pictures or video of Seph destroying Shinra? Can't recall this little moment.

Here, at 4:23 he makes the top of the building fall with telekinesis, then at 4:32 he swings his sword at it making the portion of the building become debris.

The barriers would be screwed against Ea considering Gil was able to destroy Iskander's Reality Marble with it and can open dimensional rifts with its power output. Durability would mean jack squat as well against any anti-magic Noble Phantasm or Gae Bolg from Gate of Babylon.

Ah, yes, they would certainly be useless against Ea. And Sephiroth doesn't have anything that can defend against something of that magnitude. That's why I believe Sephiroth's advantage lies in his speed (specially taking his teleportation into account) and strength. He has enough speed/reactions and power to defend against GoB sword rain without much problems, though; GoB sword rain is a very inefficient way of using Noble Phantasms, as he isn't tapping into their full potential.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel