Human Torch vs Enel

Topic started by Stingerrain on July 6, 2013. Last post by othus12 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by Stingerrain (396 posts) See mini bio Level 9

- Full knowledge

- In-Character (however they view each other as major threats)

- Winner by Death

- Setting is a large island

Post by othus12 (6,872 posts) See mini bio Level 13

enel.

Post by taichokage (13,360 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Enel. He pretty much trups in every area. Not by a huge margin but a noticeable one nonetheless.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,959 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Enel wins here.
Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Enel

Post by Dream (7,656 posts) See mini bio Level 21

How exactly is Enel harming Johnny? Human Torch is highly resistant to heat-based attacks (counting lightning) and his strongest temperature output would be capable of scorching an entire planet. Not to mention Johnny has flight advantage here.

Johnny's never scorched a planet before that I recall. Not even close. Also Enel being a logia and having haki, I don't think he would be harmed and if he could be harmed by Torch he's fast enough to escape. Torch on the other hand is vulnerable. He might have resistance to heat but it is fundamentally different from fire. For instance even if he could tolerate the burning aspects,'the other effects such as uncontrolled muscle flexing and shock to the nervous system could kill or knock him out.
Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@Dream: He could use Haki covered punches I guess, Human torch is still completely susceptible to physical damage, just no one is dumb enough to touch him. Unless of course enel can't use hardening haki in which case idk I kinda half ass payed attention to the skypiea arc.

Johnny's never scorched a planet before that I recall.

His Nova attacks emit heat on par with stellar temperatures (i.e.: the sun), which is considerably hotter than the heat emitted from lightning and could ignite the atmosphere and destroy everything on a planet's surface if Johnny doesn't contain his attacks to a specific point.

Also Enel being a logia and having haki, I don't think he would be harmed and if he could be harmed by Torch he's fast enough to escape.

I don't think Logia intangibility can save Enel from immense temperatures considering lightning needs warm air to mix with cold air masses to be triggered and Johnny could heat up the area he is in to be hot enough where it could screw up Enel's ability to maintain or generate his lightning form, much less be capable of generating any attacks. Haki might help Enel avoid Johnny's less immense attacks, but I highly doubt he'll be capable of evading highly destructive attacks if Johnny gets serious.

Torch on the other hand is vulnerable. He might have resistance to heat but it is fundamentally different from fire. For instance even if he could tolerate the burning aspects,'the other effects such as uncontrolled muscle flexing and shock to the nervous system could kill or knock him out.

Don't picture lightning even touching him. Johnny's body is capable of absorbing whatever heat or plasma is in his vicinity, be it from the environment, a fire or an attack. He'd likely absorb the lightning attacks since lightning is a form of plasma.

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

You didn't address the second portion of the last statement Johnny should still be susceptible to the effect it has on him, he could absorb the heat, but not the electrical current itself. it should still be capable of effecting him as any human would be by electricity.

I think that's a bit of speculation. I don't think Torch has ever absorbed lightning, although admittedly i cant recall a specific instance he encountered it. However Enel partly breaks the rules when it comes to lightning, kinda like Thor. In his mini series he's shown he doesnt even need an atmosphere to begin with to use his lightning. Maybe it's the magical based aspects of the devil fruit. Thor for instance is also magic based and doesn't need an atmosphere either.

@solesamurai: Still find that doubtful. Electric currents are still a form of plasma as the gas that it consists of gets ionized enough to become electrically conductive, meaning Johnny could absorb the charge before it even effects his body.

@taichokage: Devil Fruits alter the characteristics of its user's body where they take on the properties of whatever substance or element they personify or gain some sort of superhuman powers. This would include any weaknesses associated with whatever element said Devil Fruit user is associated with, such as insulators sapping Enel of his ability to generate his electric form or being wet robbing Sir Crocodile of his ability to go into sand form.

True. I'm just saying I never saw Johnny actually do that to lightning. Also if could do it, Enel has the speed and reaction advantage.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,283 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Did Electro KO Human Torch, awhile ago? If he did, I'll give it to Enel, if not it go to HT. I have to go through my comic collection to make sure

Post by CerusSerenade (2,629 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Electricity is energy, energy is how much an object vibrates thus creating heat. Electricity of Enel's level does jack shit to Johnny.

Johnny incinerates the earth and laughs at Enel's corpse.

@Dream: you say this as if jhonny could get instantaneously to those tempratures, which is wrong, he tried to hold back the hulk but he didnt even got the time to flame on properly (and the hulk is slow compared to enel). enel on the other hand can release 100 million volts instantaneously which would effectively destroy jhonny's nervous system.

@othus12: Johnny's ability to absorb heat and plasma is a passive effect. Regardless of how much voltage Enel puts in his attacks, he's not gonna effect Johnny with his lightning attacks due to lightning being plasma and such attacks would only further strengthen Johnny. Johnny might not be able to immediately use his Nova attacks compared to Enel's high voltage. But it's not like Enel's gonna be capable of harming Johnny in anyway with his attacks. Speed's also not gonna be an issue for Johnny while he's in flight as he is capable of reaching hypersonic speeds.

And I wouldn't consider Hulk slow considering he's fast enough to intercept fired mortar shells and could tag jet fighters in flight with his leaping abilities.

@Dream: the electrical current travels even before heat is produced (physics 101). by the time his body absorbs the heat he will have his nervous system destroyed, he cant get around it. or do you have a scan where the human torch is immune to lightning?

also lightning speed>>>>tagging a jet. if hulk can tag jhonny enel can speed blitz.

@othus12: Read my earlier post.

Electrical currents are still a form of plasma. Johnny's gonna absorb it. Even with lightning's significantly greater speed, it's not offing Johnny.

@Dream: it actually isnt, electrical current is nothing more than electrons in movement, to become plasma it would have to be accompained by ions.

anyways. even spidey beated the crap out of jhonny so it doesnt matter, enel was pummeling luffy with a staff so you know his strenght is the real deal he could end the fight with his cloan paddling by piercing his neck off.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel