How powerful would you Rate Barragan?

Topic started by TheRedRose on Aug. 31, 2011. Last post by cfatalis 2 years, 11 months ago.
Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10

People highly underestimate him just because he died pretty quickly and that his death was quite pathetic but ironic as well (He stated that nothing is immune to time, the reason behind his death between that fat Vizard). Should he be considered to have city durability?  

This pretty much looks like a town buster to me since the wide spand of it stretched across entirely on Fake Karaku town (she pretty much isolated her attack in midair so it wouldn't destroy the city and kill everyone), and not to mention he took it up close in that Barrier that vizard had him in and only lost an arm and half of his head.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,240 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@TheRedRose:

They hype that up for the anime, that blast would just take some buildings down (the shockwave didn't even take a building down)

Overall he just overrated by Bleach fans

Post by FormerCrimsonKing (4,428 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Destinyheroknight
he still would beat majority of the hst

@FormerCrimsonKing:

Yes, he would

@Destinyheroknight
Yeah but I think that's because that attack varied in range instead of destructive capacity, I mean she did isolated to where it wouldn't in danger anyone else. Also he aged a barrier that was like a million or a thousand years old.
Post by sharingan_eyes (330 posts) See mini bio Level 9
he's the only espada whose ranking i agree with, he should definitely be number two..however i think Ulquiorra should have been number one
@sharingan_eyes
I don't see how Stark is number  1 and not number 2, he seems more powerful than Stark due to his Respira (Can't he just age Stark's spamming ceros?)

@TheRedRose:

A city size shockwave would still have blew everyone in the area away (it just only effect Soi Fon and the other guy), Hachi just make that barrier, it wasn't that old

@Destinyheroknight
True, I could consider it multi city block level?

@TheRedRose:

Yeah, it can easily take out about ten blocks

Post by Kurohige (3,702 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I think he is rankes pretty high, he is not ever underestimated where did you get that? Almost everyone agrees he would beat most of the HST, just not ALL of them or soloing an entire verse by himself. If any Bleach character is overestimated it would be Komamura or something not Barragan. on a scale of 1-10 I would give him a 6 1/2 That guy was crazy powerful. But there are many ways of getting around the guy that is the problem. He has a huge advantage against close or mid range fighters. (Luffy would not ahve a change against this guy lol) But yeah he is powerful and I agree that he should be number 2, I think Starrk is stronger, Barragn just had a hax ability.
Post by FormerCrimsonKing (4,428 posts) See mini bio Level 15

starrk was more than worthy enough to be ranked #1.  his fight was a prime example of PIS. not only did he fight multiple captain lvl ppl at once, he was constantly attacked from behind and yet still manage to barley get damaged, not to mention, shunsui had to sneak attack starrk to land any type of attack on him...also i bet shunsui's shikai games would kill off alot of ppl in the hst as well

I think Aizen just give him that rank to just mess with him (this is Aizen we talking about LOL!)

@FormerCrimsonKing
Exactly, I dunno why people think Starrk should be lower in rank. Although I don't think Shunsui's shikai was that hax to take out most of the HST.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Kurohige said:
@FormerCrimsonKing: Exactly, I dunno why people think Starrk should be lower in rank. Although I don't think Shunsui's shikai was that hax to take out most of the HST.
It is, its entire ability is based on a children game with lethal consequence , god knows whatever else he can make into an attack. He can crap loads and loads of brute fighter type , just by doing it
@cfatalis
Well yeah, but I meant just by going off his two attacks. People with great reaction time can escape without roomuch harm as starrk did. But yess it is very powerful and would take out a lot of up close brute fighters (Luffy maybe?) I just thought saying that move alone would take out MOST of the entire HSY was a bit much. Still thanks for the explanation. It is true we have not see whay else he could do.
Post by All_StarSupes (770 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Barragan isn't underrated he is overrated by Bleach fans who know nothing about any other mangas. Hacci was able to confine Barragan and Soi Fon was able to damage him badly with her bankai (the blast wasn't even larger than a fifth of a town). If a character has a powerful attack or a fast enough attack it will overwhelm Barragans ageing ability.
@All_StarSupes
Thank you!
Post by DJSNuva1 (3,347 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@All_StarSupes said:
Barragan isn't underrated he is overrated by Bleach fans who know nothing about any other mangas. Hacci was able to confine Barragan and Soi Fon was able to damage him badly with her bankai (the blast wasn't even larger than a fifth of a town). If a character has a powerful attack or a fast enough attack it will overwhelm Barragans ageing ability.
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and pull out some DBZ logic... A DBZ fan would say... "OF COURSE it wasn't larger than a fifth of a town... It's all about ENERGY density! You know! She compacted a much bigger blast into a smaller one!" ... Now I don't know whether or not I agree with this or not, however I would be interested in hearing your response to it.
Post by DJSNuva1 (3,347 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@All_StarSupes said:
@DJSNuva1: I'm not saying her blast isn't powerful, she probably does condense her power. However I'm just saying that people think Barragan can beat people whose attacks dwarf Soi Fon's. Barragan has a great ability but it can simply be overwhemled by a powerful attack or an attack which is too fast for him to be able to use his ability.
This sounds very reasonable.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel