Hikaru Shindo vs Yugi Muto

Topic started by Shadowchaos on Dec. 8, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 7 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Shadowchaos (2,804 posts) See mini bio Level 13

vs

Rules

• Round 1: Just them no spirits
  • Round 2: They can use their spirits
  • Round 3: Just the spirits
  • Scenario: The game is Go with the winner decided the best out of three. Hikaru starts out as black then the winner of the following rounds is black for the next games.
  • Yugi is give time to learn how to play.
  • No Handicapps
  • King of Games title on the line.
  • End of Series for both.
Post by Dream (7,199 posts) See mini bio Level 20

How much time exactly does Yugi get to learn how to play Go?

Post by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (1,271 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Mind crush!

Post by AnimeDefender (2,662 posts) See mini bio Level 12

There is a reason why they call him The King of Games!!!!!!!

@AnimeDefender said:

There is a reason why they call him The King of Games!!!!!!!

Agreed. He beat Duke Devlin at his own game in the first try with no prior knowledge of it. And now he's given time to learn the game? EoS Atem basically can choose what kind of stuff he gets when playing a game, so if he knows what he needs to wins(which he probably will thanks to the time given to learn the game) he can automatically get it.

Post by AnimeDefender (2,662 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk:

Basically, Yugi and Atem are the TOAA in terms of games, aren´t they LOL!!!!!!

Post by Vapovile (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

@The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk said:

Mind crush!

Well...that is one way he can win xD. That literally made me chuckle in real life.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,028 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Yugi stomps

He will cheat the s**t out of Hikaru while playing

The op says no spirits but isn't that the point of cheating?

Post by dccomicsrule2011 (220 posts) See mini bio Level 7

The King curbstomps.

@The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk: you are aware of how go works right? There isn't any drawing of stuff or luck based anything which is how mostly what makes Yugi wins. Go is a purely skill based game.

@Dream: Just enough time to get to maybe a two or three dan level.

@Shadowchaos: How is "Go" played? Also, is "Mind Crush" an acceptable answer? :P

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,028 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Even if he's playing Go, Yugi will find a way to summon Dark Magician LOL

@The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk: you place stones down on a board to collect territory. Thats the most basic explanation I can give. Also no Mind crush they are in character and Yugi doesn't have that ability only Atem. Plus thats only for cheaters and Hikaru doesn't cheat.

Post by Dream (7,199 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Shadowchaos: Advanced or professional level?

And everybody, I imagine this is supposed to involve more the mentalities of the characters with how they approach and know the game instead of using special powers (Mind Crush) or asspulling (*cough*HeartoftheCards*cough*)

Post by axavierhansz (240 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Every single game involves luck. Garry Kasparov, unanimously accepted by the chess community to be one of, if not the single greatest chess player mankind has ever produced, has failed to see mate-in-ones (in competition setting) because he was concentrating on another section of the chess-board. Pure luck for his opponent, bad luck for him.

So yes, every single game involves luck. It might not manifest itself in luck-of-the-draw, but it can manifest in other ways. For example, if Yugi always narrows his next move down to 1 super-strong move and 1 mediocre move, luck could compel him to always pick the super-strong-move, thus making him win the game. Or, if in a situation where if his opponent makes the one exact right move he wins immediately but anything else would cause him to lose his advantage, luck could cause his opponent to not make that one right move. Go is such a complex game that as far as mankind is aware of, there is no way to always find the one best move using skill. Luck can allow Yugi to always make the best move while making his opponent always choose a non-optimal move.

So Yugi wins because his luck is seriously hax.

@Dream: pro level since anything less would be unfair since Hikaru is a pro.

@axavierhansz: yeah but in go luck can only due so much since one bad move can ruin it for you. Especially if played during crucial times. Like when Hikaru played Kaga and made that bad move and wasn't able to come back for a win even though Sai was playing.

@Shadowchaos: "Luck can only go so far" doesn't apply to Yugi. If both play Yu-Gi-Oh and watched the show, you'd know that Yugi is pure hax. Yugi's deck contains freaking 1 copy of all his combos and he doesn't have much searchers. Yet every single duel he has always drawn the combo he needed. Heck, he summoned Exodia for the first time in recorded history without a single searcher or any draw engine. He even lightforce sworded Exodia out of a rare hunter's hand just when he was about to draw exodia and won won before lightforce sword wore off (the rare hunter was cheating and also had 3 sets of exodia in his deck). Did I mention he won against Pegasus, the creator of Yu-Gi-Oh, while Pegasus was reading his mind? Yugi is luckier than a leprechaun. The only reason he didn't simply play the lottery for a living is because the show wouldn't exist if he did. If he based his moves on coin-flips he'd still have a 100% chance of winning.

@axavierhansz: Hikaru is also skilled. He was able to beat a korean insei and there are 361 possible moves at the beginning of the game if you make one wrong move throughout the game it could become a serious problem. I've played games where I decided to good around by after I won I decided to fill up all my spaces so the computer could capture all my stones but then I couldn't come back for round two because white had too much of a advantage still hanging around from the first round and I lost due to lack of moves. So what I am saying if you play one wrong move you lose. Also Yugi always looses at first then pulls a win out of plot but in go that's extremely hard especially against a pro like Hikaru. Also he was only able to beat Pegasus after he was able to stop Pegasus from reading his mind.

@Shadowchaos: No. You're missing the point. First of all, I know how to play go. If you make one bad move you don't necessarily lose the game. It could put you at a disadvantage, but the game is so massively complex that if you continously play well after that point and your opponent doesn't play well, you can make a come-back. I haven't followed go in a while but back when I did I saw games just like that. One top level player made a highly mediocre move, but the opponent failed to follow through, and ends up not gaining any serious advantage. Your own example proves the point. In games where it seems like you have already totally won, you can still end up losing.

Yugi's super hax luck will make sure that in games where he is at a serious disadvantage, he will still win because he just happens to make the best move at a certain time and his opponent loses his nerve or needs to use the washroom or something and lose their train of thought and fail to properly counter. Watch Yu-Gi-Oh again. Yugi cannot lose. His entire character is based on magically consistent luck.

To summarize, Yugi is basically hacking the gaming universe. In any game that isn't mathematically solved, you cannot hope to win against Yugi if you yourself don't have some sort of super magical abilities.

And about Yugi blocking Pegasus's mind reading: He first did this through mind shuffling, but Yugi Muto's soul ended up fainting. By the time Yugi's friends blocked Pegasus's mind reading, Yugi was going to lose to Jigen Bakudan in 2 turns. At that time Yugi was at a massive disadvantage in every way, and anything he previously had planned has already been seen by Pegasus after Yugi Muto fainted. So basically Yugi turned a total loss into a crushing defeat with the next 2 cards that he drew, each of which he only has 1 copy of and each of which was, as far as I know about Yu-Gi-Oh, the only cards in his deck that could've saved him. So yea, he won through pure luck.

@axavierhansz: that is only Atem though Yugi has no such skill. Yugi is just a normal player. Hikaru is a pro at this game being able to beat pros from Japan and other countries who have played way more then him who had only played for a short while. So that would only work in round two and three but then he would have to deal with Sai who was able to beat Toya Meijin in a match. Also luck is just pis since in the series the characters don't know the meaning of a counter except when its time to pressure Yugi but when Yugi decides to do his comeback play they automatically drop down to beginner level. Plus Hikaru is a expert in speed go so he could keep playing fast and trip up Yugi.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel