Hiei(Yu Yu Hakusho) Vs Barragan Louisenbarn(Bleach)

Topic started by batmanbeyond234 on Feb. 18, 2012. Last post by SuperSaqer 3 months, 1 week ago.
Post by batmanbeyond234 (136 posts) See mini bio Level 8

The pint-sized wielder of the Dragon of the Darkness flame vs Barragan, Segunda Espada, and wielder of the power of aging!

Fight takes place in Hueco Mundo.

Round 1- Hiei is at Dark Tournament level. Barragan is using Arrogante.

Round 2- Hiei is at Chapter Black level. Barragan using Arrogante.

Round 3- Three Kings level, still using Arrogante.

Post by Yusuke52 (426 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Round 1. I am not sure about since both are about equal in speed (Since Barragan was keeping up with Soi-Fon, one of the fastest captains). The only thing that seperatates them is Barragan's broken Respira, and I would think Hiei would fall prey to it eventually.

That is unless Barragan's Respira is innefective to Hiei's Dragon of the Darkness Flame? (Would need clarification on what it can age exactly, But I was under the impression it is only physical matter like stone or flesh, Unless someone has more info)

Round 2 and 3. I would give to Hiei since he is leagues faster than Barragan in Chapter Black and Three Kings

Hiei has the potential to win all the rounds but I would need to know if Barragan can age flames and other substances such as that if anyone has more info on Respira.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,278 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Yusuke52:

That is unless Barragan's Respira is innefective to Hiei's Dragon of the Darkness Flame? (Would need clarification on what it can age exactly, But I was under the impression it is only physical matter like stone or flesh, Unless someone has more info)

He can age Kido, so I guessing he can age The Dragon Flames. But if the attack is to fast and powerful, then it probably will hit him

@Destinyheroknight:Ah thats good to know, I missed out on a few of the chapters around his fight and still never got round to reading them yet. I was only going off what my friends had told me about his power.

I would say Barragan could take round 1 then.

But I would say Hiei would be to strong and fast in the other 2 rounds for him to win them.

Post by All_StarSupes (777 posts) See mini bio Level 10

If your attack is fast or strong enough it can overwhelm Barragans aging technique. So I'll go with Hiei.

Post by taichokage (13,328 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Baraggan wins. He ages energy too and thus the DOTDF as well. He actually has no problem aging attacks, he just needs some room. Speed means little. He was able to age a point blank explosion before it hit him. Unless the DOTDF moves at such speed, which it doesn't, Baraggan could age it. Don't get me wrong, I think that Hiei is more powerful than Baraggan, but couldn't get past the hax that Baraggn possesses.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I don't think that demons from Yu Yu hakusho are effected by aging. If we look at Raizen, he was around for millennium and the only reason he was getting weaker was because he was starving to death (For well over a 1000 years). his old sparring partners and followers all seemed to imply that if Raizen would simply eat humans, he would return and remain at his peak indefinitely. While King Enma (Koenma's father and the ruler of spirit world) isin't a demon, i believe i remember koenma saying that enma created spirit world and has been alive since before humans came into existence. Basically what i'm trying to say is,

That's a long shot of an assumption but even if that's true, bleach shinigami age extremely slowly themselves. Yamamoto is over 2000 years old and thus has a confirmed existence that is longer than Raizen's confirmed existence and he is the oldest known character in yu yu hakusho, presumably excluding King Enma. I dont think we can claim that the demons dont age when it was never stated and their oldest characters are apparently younger than the oldest characters from Bleach. And unlike yu yu hakusho, it is actually stated that arrancar (albeit not the shinigami) don't age at all even if they are in child form (like Lilynette), yet Baraggan was affected by his own power which he stated was absolute so it makes sense. Also aging and deteriorating from time are essentially different. Not aging means not getting physically older but it doesn't mean that you don't get older. You can still die. The only way around time is true immortality which Hiei doesn't possess.

@taichokage: Just quickly read over the chapters that I missed and did Hachi not say that he had to detonate her Bankai in an area where it could not reach him so as he would remain unscathed, due to him not being able to age attacks quick enough if they are too close to him and too fast. If Hiei got close enough (Which I can only see him doing in round 2 and 3 to be honest) without him realising then he could fire the Dragon directly at him thus leaving him no room to run and the attack would be too close for him to age it fast enough before it has done some serious damage.

The thing is that Baraggan can halt time to a near stand still. If he can't age it in time, he simply dilates time giving him more than enough time to evade any attack. The only reason it didn't work the 2nd time was because Hacchi placed 4 barriers around him, giving him no room to avoid and not enough time to age the blast or all 4 barriers, so it didn't matter if he froze the attack, as inevitably it was going to hit him. Baraggan's weakness isn't how fast he ages things nor the extent he dilates time, it's needing space to evade an attack in the instance that it is too fast or powerful to age in time. As Hiei isn't capable of limiting Baraggan's movements, he could never land an attack just as Soifon couldnt on her own.

Is Hiei not able to bind the likes of yusuke with a curse and use multiple Dragons in his jaganshi form, meaning he could easily overwhelm Barragan and surround him with the attack leaving him with no exit. And in the latter rounds with his even greater speed it would just be done with more efficiency.

I would agree that Barragan could win round 1 but Hiei is just to powerful even for Barragan in round 2 and 3

Post by smoothjammin (8 posts) See mini bio Level 4

The dragon Hiei used in the Poltergeist Report movie would demolish Barragan

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

People seem to be forgetting that only released barragan can age things into oblivion with his hax and he has to transform to do so, wereas hiei can blitz him before he has a chance to do so due to his immense speed

@Haofan123: I believe he is already in his realesed state in all 3 rounds. But I agree that Hiei could blitz him.

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Yusuke52 said:

@Haofan123: I believe he is already in his realesed state in all 3 rounds. But I agree that Hiei could blitz him.

it wasnt stated in the OP, so i remain doubtful. Normally in a battle everyone is assumed to start in base unless the OP says otherwise

Wow there is some bias towards Hiei. He is cooler and he is more powerful but he isn't well suited for Baraggan. The binding spell he used on Yusuke was tiny and would be aged instantly or it wouldn't connect at all as Baraggan can evade it with time dilation. Blitzing isn't an option here. He would die if he attempted to do so in Baraggan's release form and couldn't get past time dilation in his first form. Even if Hiei could blitz or connect a DOTDF, who's to say that Baraggan would die? He took on Soifon's bankai missile which was powerful enough to crack 4 top notch kido barriers, and though he was partly blown away, he didnt die. Only when confronted with his own power did he die. As for the idea of surrounding Baraggan with dragons, it's not a bad idea but it's unlikely. It does attack from multiple directions but not from every direction. Baraggan only needs a small opening. I'm not even sure that that's a canon feat but whatever. I never like to trip on canon issues unless it completely contradicts canon showings.

@Haofan123: Well it does say he is using Arrogante, but I just took that as he already had it realeased. But you do have a fair point, can the OP say wether on not Barragan is using his Resurreccion or not?

@taichokage: Its not really a bias, it is just the difference in power between the top tiers in Bleach and in Yu Yu Hakusho is very vast. The likes of EoS Yusuke or Kurama could slap around most of the bleach verse if not the whole verse casually, and Hiei is either equal to them or a step behind them in terms of power. His ageing is surely limited if its confronted with a force far greater than his own, if he was confronted by the likes of Byakuya, Yamamoto or another highly destructive captain then I doubt his powers would be highly effective, Soi-Fon is not a very powerful character in terms of destruction (She is more like a stealth based captain chosing agility over destruction and power) which is the main reason why I believe she would have been unable to win against him had Hachi not turned up to help, and the main reason why they had to use his own ability against him because they lacked the firepower to do some serious damage on their own (I am not saying they are weak, I am just saying that they were not suited to fight him). Had a more powerful captain fought him then I would say he would have been alot easier to kill.

The reason I am sideing with Hiei is because Hiei is the stronger and the faster of the 2, and I cant see Barragans ageing being helpful to him past the 1st round (Which I would still say Barragan wins in, due to hiei not being uber powerful in the DT)

I'm not denying that Hiei is more powerful and I agree that as captains go Soifon is a weaker one, but her style is still similar to Hiei's. In terms of destruction she is not the best but her bankai is still a very powerful concentrated blast. Even Hacchi who is capable of level 90 spells without incantation put Soifon's bankai in higher esteem (and it still didn't kill Baraggan). No doubt Hiei is faster and stronger, but neither matters very much against Baraggan's time powers which lie completely outside of base stats.

@taichokage: So you would say that Barragan would win all 3 rounds?

What I am trying to say in regards to power is that he is able to easily age attacks that can destroy buildings (, but the stronger the attack the longer it would take him to age it. An Example would be if Goku condensed a planet buster to fire like the kido Byakurai, I would doubt he could age it, considering the amount of energy the attack contains, or I what I should say is, he would be unable to age it enough to avoid damage from it.

A similar principle would work for the likes of Yamamoto, and Hiei given that their attacks are superior than what Soi Fon and Hachi can dish out.

But your choice is fine regardless, we shall just have to see what other people think in regards to his power so we can come to a decision.

Post by cosmicdude (390 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Barrangan may win the First match.

Second can go either way.

Third is SPITE in favor of Hiei.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel