Heinrich Lunge (Monster) vs. Light Yagami (Death Note)

Topic started by alternative_backup on Oct. 17, 2013. Last post by takashichea 7 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by alternative_backup (114 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Heinrich Lunge (Monster)
Heinrich Lunge (Monster)
Light Yagami (Death Note)
Light Yagami (Death Note)

The Inspector Heinrich Lunge receives a phone call from Japan to collaborate and be informing pillar of the Kira case. He travels to Japan and quickly joins the SPK to investigate and solve the Kira case.

Can the Inspector Lunge settle the case or Kira Kira can outsmart?

Rules:

- The Inspector Lunge has had the same resources as L in Death Note

Who will prevail?

Post by taichokage (12,457 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Kira would beat Inspector Lunge but mostly due to the Death note. Lunge was probably the second most intelligent person in Monster after Johann. He did ultimately find the truth and was pivotal in the closing of the case. But the advantage of the Death note is just too great. Funny that a Monster thread was made now of all times. I finished the series very recently.
Post by phantomrant (1,268 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Imo, Lunge won't work very well with the SPK seeing as all of his moments involve him solo'ing and doing his own thing. He's also very proud and stubborn; although his analytical ability can match L's, he lacks L's tendency to reconsider and doubt, rather relying on his first choice to be correct. At best, he'd narrow Kira's identity down to the Kanto region. Put him in L's place and there's no doubt Kira will outsmart him.

Exactly. Lunge's weakness is his stubbornness and rare use of his allies or subordinates which is very important when dealing with a Death Note. You need to keep your identity a secret at all costs. But Lunge just goes right in, usually identifying himself on top of that.
Post by nishi99 (1,559 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Light with some difficulties.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,322 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Lunge

I have begun to see the anime and it's amazing. I think that Lunge has a chance of finding and arresting Kira with the technological resources that had L in Death Note.

I absolutely loved the series. But yeah Lunge is a smart guy. I think the biggest problem is the death note, not his lack of intelligence.
Post by Carter_esque (577 posts) See mini bio Level 10

It doesn't matter who investigates Kira. If they don't have prior knowledge about the DN and if they're not as shrewd as Detective Conan, Near, or Sherlock Holmes--they're getting killed by Light. End/Thread

This doesn't deserve a face palm. Sure Light wins but it's not like Light is Goku. It's not tht big of a stomp.

@taichokage:

It is that big of a stomp. This guy isn't any smarter than L and he lost.

True but L gave Light a ton of trouble. Somebody has to win, in this case Light, I'm just saying its not a horrible stomp.

@taichokage said:

True but L gave Light a ton of trouble. Somebody has to win, in this case Light, I'm just saying its not a horrible stomp.

It's not a horrible stomp but it's a regular stomp lol

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,587 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Had it not been for Rem, I'm pretty sure L would have proven Light was Kira at some point, IMO L>Light intelligence wise.

@Carter_esque said:

It doesn't matter who investigates Kira. If they don't have prior knowledge about the DN and if they're not as shrewd as Detective Conan, Near, or Sherlock Holmes--they're getting killed by Light. End/Thread

Kira had enough problems to deal with L. Especially when he had possession of the Death Note and impulsively used to murder and cost him dearly, because L knew that Light was in Japan. I see Lunge, be able to take the case and resolve it, hypothetically speaking.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,427 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Carter_esque: Well little boy, Lunge IS that shrewd. So stop assuming this is face-palm worthy and actually do some research.

@CerusSerenade said:

@Carter_esque: Well little boy, --Hold up, what?!-- Lunge IS that shrewd. So stop assuming this is face-palm worthy and actually do some research.

Don't call me a little boy. "My name is my name" and if you can't address me as such then don't bother addressing me at all. And don't assume that I don't know anything about the char. I'm debating against just bc I don't agree with you. If I didn't know about both chars then I wouldn't even post -- just a lil' about me and how I do things.

On topic: I can't see Lunge being anymore shrewd than L and don't think his deductive reasoning is quite on Near's level. He's sharp but not sharp enough to break the case before Light figures out his identity.

@Carter_esque: Considering that Yohan did more than Light did with a super-power with just manipulation alone, the fact that Lunge was able to figure out exactly what is going on despite Yohan's efforts means that he is VERY fucking shrewd.

I call you a little boy because you act like it. If the best response to a thread you have is a .gif without actual substance then you are arguing at the level of a child. Change your attitude if you want to recognized as anything more.

@CerusSerenade said:

@Carter_esque: Considering that Yohan did more than Light did with a super-power with just manipulation alone, the fact that Lunge was able to figure out exactly what is going on despite Yohan's efforts means that he is VERY fucking shrewd.

I call you a little boy because you act like it. If the best response to a thread you have is a .gif without actual substance then you are arguing at the level of a child. Change your attitude if you want to recognized as anything more.

... How is posting gifs acting like a child when the majority of them are by adults for adults for the purpose of lightening up forums that have users who take themselves way too seriously (like yourself)? Nvm don't even answer that.. I don't really even care what you think about what I do or how I do it anyway. I provide substance behind my views when I think it's worth it. There are a whole bunch of users on this site who are brief and I don't see you trying to front them so don't front me either just bc you don't like my gifs or my memes, f**k outta here. If I think the thread is a stomp, then I'm not going to take seriously, post a brief response, and then keep it moving. Furthermore, you don't have to like what I do or how I choose to express myself on this... it doesn't matter to me one way or the other esp. since I don't value your opinion. I don't have to change a damn thing to be recognized as anything more than what 'you' think I am bc I'm already recognized as more than that. Wanna know why? Bc your opinion isn't gospel. Now go marinate in that w/ yo hatin' a**.

@Carter_esque: Posting facepalm gifs is uplifting and lightens the mood?

Bullshit, it's an attempt to laugh at the person for making the thread because you feel too damn low yourself, acting as if you never make mistakes yourself. This is why you're a child.

Since you completely ignored what we're actually here to be on0topic for I'll treat it as a concession, one that I accept.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel