Hashirama vs Yamamoto

Topic started by Obito on Sept. 1, 2013. Last post by SpeedForceSpider 10 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Obito (578 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Rules

No prep.  

Hashirama is taking this very seriously. Yama is in character.

Winner via Death or Incapacitation.  Standard weapons apply.

Who wins? 

Post by ohgodwhy (1,480 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I would lean towards Yamamoto. Fire is Wood's natural weakness and Yamamoto has the most powerful Fire-Type Zanpakuto in SS. Once he goes bankai, it's pretty much a done deal. Plus Yamamoto's attacks have a Wide AoE, there won't really be anywhere for Hashirama to hide.

In conclusion, it'd be a good fight but Yamamoto will win in the end.

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Edo - Hashirama wins as Yama can't permanently put him down

Non edo - Hashi dies due to the heat

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,024 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Yama cooks Hashirama

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,193 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Please...Yammamoto gets raped. When does he do shit in character. While the mountain buster is taking this seriously.

Post by taichokage (12,495 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Yamamoto would win. But he'd have to be careful. If he dragged on even a bit, Hashirama could get off a giant attack which would spell great difficulty.

Mountain buster? Not enough...

Yamamoto continent busts

The tip of a pin heated to 15 million is strong enough to kill every single person in Europe.

Online Now
This is true and often overlooked. While Yamamoto did not actually use such an extent of his power for obvious reasons, he claimed as did Unohana that he could destroy Soul Society which is a whole parralel world.
Post by Dream (7,101 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Yamamoto's bankai would be the bane of Hashirama's existence in this match with performing his wood jutsu. However, the Kage still has a large speed advantage over the elder Soul Society captain that he could exploit so long as he doesn't drag out the battle. Otherwise, the temperatures emitted from Yamamoto's bankai would be more than enough to incinerate the Kage, regardless of any advantage he has. Pretty much, I see this battle going either way depending on how each of the two act.

@Aamir: The 15 million degree claim with the bankai is hyperbole. That kind of temperature would outright vaporize all life on Earth and Soul Society.

Online Now
Yamamoto spent 1000+ years mastering it. He said that if he weren't careful that that's exactly what would happen. So I don't see the hyperbole. He also gave a specific number. Such instances are rarely hyperbole.

@taichokage: Has any Bleach character been shown to wipe out an island, country or any higher destructive scope yet in the series?

If not, then the 15 million degree claim is way too overblown to be seriously believed or else Yamamoto would pretty much win over any enemy threat shown within the series thus far.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,480 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Yamamoto was far more powerful than any character seen in the series so far. He only lost because his bankai got sealed by Bach, who is currently the most powerful character in Bleach by far.

I have to agree with Taichokage, the fact that a specific number was mentioned makes me believe it wasn't hyperbole. Yamamoto would have no need to BS, it wouldn't serve any purpose. I believe he also stated that if he wasn't careful, he'd destroy himself too.

Also Hashirama being faster than Yama? How did we come to this conclusion? Yama's a shunpo master and as far as I've seen, no one in Naruto is hypersonic. If anyone can show me some feats, it'd be much appreciated.

Online Now
Well no other Bleach character up to that point was more powerful than Yamamoto, possibly excluding Dangai Ichigo and he was breaking space/time anomalies. Not even close. He one shot to incapacitation three Stern Ritter in one swipe, one of which a Captain and his Vice Captain barely scratched. That's another thing. You can't base strings characters off weaker ones alone. Unlike Naruto, the overwhelming majority of top and upper high tier charcters have not even been serious or near their max potential in battle, or have not fought at all. Juha Bach (on par with Yamamoto before but wields his bankai at the same time now), All 5 Royal Guard (said to be collectively more powerful than all other Shinigami put together), The Spirit King (maintains the world and conjoining dimensions), Current Ichigo (also said to be a potential planetary threat) Current Zaraki (whose potential Yamamoto himself feared greatly), Current Uryuu (said to be more powerful than Bach with training by Bach himself), Aizen (no bankai yet) Most Stern Ritter, all senior former and present Captains excluding Unohana have not gone bankai (Head Captain Shunsui's was said by Kubo to possibly be strong enough to take out Aizen pre Hougyoku), Yoruichi hasn't even gone shikai, and so on. Out of what would constitute Bleach's top 20 or so characters, only Yamamoto has been shown going anywhere near full power and Unohana as well but her bankai is not understood yet. Basing Yamamoto off of characters strong characters, yet characters he can for the most part one shot casually as he's done 3 times in the series won't really do him justice.

@taichokage: I agree. Most people generally go by the bias that "bleach can't be so strong" so they tend to disregard Yama's bankai as hype.

The point is that a "number" was clearly stated, that can't be ignored as hype.

Moreover, Yama said his bankai "reaches" 15 mil, and not "it has already reached" that temp. Once again implying he wasn't going all out against fake-Bach

@ohgodwhy: When getting cremated, it takes a human body roughly three hours to be incinerated with cremation normally taking place between 1100 and 1500 degrees. Considering Yamamoto's bankai can incinerate human-sized foes in significantly shorter times, I'm willing to admit his sword can emit at least tens of thousands of degrees. But saying that it can go as high as the millions is too ridiculous within the scope of the series that I've seen thus far.

And supersonic speeds for Naruto characters? Might be the case for mid-tiers, but high and top tiers have been well within hypersonic speeds for quite a while since the Pein arc when the Deva path could casually deflect Naruto's Rasenshuriken attacks. In recent showings, Naruto was shown to deflect several Bijuu Bombs that were fired off a short distance from where he was and top tiers like Hashirama, Madara and the Juubi have been implied to be much faster than he is.

@taichokage: Other characters like Hitsugaya, Ichimaru and Kaname have been shown to wield bankai with their statistics varying greatly between multi city block to town/ city level destructive scope/ durability and speed varying from high supersonic to hypersonic speeds as high as Mach 15+. I'll concede that this could change with characters who've yet to use shikai/ bankai abilities (as Kenpachi and Yoruichi have yet to use their variants yet are high among the Bleach tiers) or unleash more feats with Bleach still ongoing. But as things stand right now, I don't picture many Bleach characters hanging with stronger Naruto/ One Piece characters right now.

Post by phantomrant (1,273 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Hashirama's ability to conjour up Wood Dragon/Human seems to be relatively short, but not instant. An IC Yamamoto has a tendency to remain stationary and give mercy to his opponents, such as when he "fried" The Halibabes and Ayon yet both of them were alive and well in the timeskip. By the time he's finished releasing Ryujin Jakka and dishes out some weak flame attacks, chances are that they won't be enough to damage the wood structures and Hashirama would complete his Wood Human.

Yamamoto has no choice but to go Bankai or risk getting punched in the face. I doubt he'd be able to vaporize a wood punch without the force of that punch that's still being carried out breaking the arm that's holding Zanka no Tachi.

Yamamoto could throw out his Zanpakuto and go for barehanded combat, but that's a bad idea. Hashirama can instantly summon up the Hotei technique and Yamamoto will get crushed by several town-sized hands.

IC Yamamoto loses against a serious Hashirama. Bloodlusted Yamamoto would win w/o Bankai unless Hashirama already has prep.

Post by bigz007 (1,088 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Dream said:

And supersonic speeds for Naruto characters? Might be the case for mid-tiers, but high and top tiers have been well within hypersonic speeds for quite a while since the Pein arc when the Deva path could casually deflect Naruto's Rasenshuriken attacks. In recent showings, Naruto was shown to deflect several Bijuu Bombs that were fired off a short distance from where he was and top tiers like Hashirama, Madara and the Juubi have been implied to be much faster than he is.

I believe you are talking about reaction speed. That is not the same as speed.

Post by xlab3000 (1,359 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Hashirama is mhs, he has suiton and clones he wins.

@xlab3000: MHS is the speed of the Bijuu bomb, not Hashi himself. The distance was long enough for him to react.

Post by bigz007 (1,088 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@xlab3000: @supernova7005:

Those Bijuu bombs are shown to be not so accurate. Is it possible that Hashirama didn't even have to dodge it?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel