Harry Dresden vs Emiya Kiritsugu

Topic started by Fehafare on Aug. 11, 2012. Last post by FalconC2 1 year, 10 months ago.
Post by Fehafare (7,987 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Had to make this one.

Here's the scenario:

-In Character

-One week prep

-Minor knowledge

-No outside help

-To Death

-Fight takes place in Gotham City

-They need to hunt each other down

Scenario 1: Avalon

Scenario 2: No Avalon

The Magus Killer
The Magus Killer

VS

The Winter Knight
The Winter Knight

Who will win?

Post by deathmonger (1,036 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Harry got this the unless Emiya just snipes him

Hah... expected you to be the first one to post... will probably be the only one as well.

Anyway how about some explanations?

And oh, it wouldn't too unlikely for Kiritsugu just to snipe him, would it?

@Fehafare said:

Hah... expected you to be the first one to post... will probably be the only one as well.

Anyway how about some explanations?

And oh, it wouldn't too unlikely for Kiritsugu just to snipe him, would it?

Okay in direct combat even though Emiya has origin bullets Dresden is still for to powerful and fast to lose. Harry has been fast enough react to vampires his most recent power up gives him even more speed. Harry has enough raw power to simply burn Emiya to ash or freeze or call upon the power of the entire winter season or just trap him Harry is also better with prep he has been able to trap Erlking who is a godlike being. Harry has also wiped out an entire army of ancient vampires. Emiya could win is in ways that Dresden doesn't know it's coming and since there is prep I'm sure Dresden would have some kind of shield active if Emiya covered the netire area in explosives.

Sorry for the late response...

Anyway, any more specific speed feats (i got the books but too lazy to start reading)? I mean "beating a vampire" isn't really a speed feat and Kiritsugu kinda done that as well so...

All that is if we assume if Harry knows what Emiya will do, and also does he have a counter for the Origin Bullets?

@Fehafare said:

Sorry for the late response...

Anyway, any more specific speed feats (i got the books but too lazy to start reading)? I mean "beating a vampire" isn't really a speed feat and Kiritsugu kinda done that as well so...

All that is if we assume if Harry knows what Emiya will do, and also does he have a counter for the Origin Bullets?

Harry has been able to block bullets with his shield bracelet though the bullets may go through it but he also has armor from his Godmother also puts up defense magical attacks and rapid gunfire. Vampires in the Dresdenverse have moved faster than the eye can see and would normally speed blitz humans Harry has been able to time them. Now that Harry is the Winter Knight he can move faster and react much faster than the vampires.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,803 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Emiya WTF pwns this guy. He is a strategist he'll come up with something.

@deathmonger: Well then double accle Kiritsugu would keep up with him (perhaps triple accle will be needed) and in square accel would allow him to out-speed Harry. Kiri would have some problems.

And as i asked already, does Harry have a counter for Origin Bullets?

Also, Harry can't use complicated tech right? That might be an advantage for Emiya and well there is always the option to just snipe him which isn't very unlikely.

Any more reasoning behind that?

Post by eddz99 (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Fehafare:

Scenario 1: Kitsurugu owns

Scenario 2: Kitsurugu wins after a very tough fight.

Didn't i already make clear that i want some explanation behind that claim?

@Fehafare said:

@deathmonger: Well then double accle Kiritsugu would keep up with him (perhaps triple accle will be needed) and in square accel would allow him to out-speed Harry. Kiri would have some problems.

And as i asked already, does Harry have a counter for Origin Bullets?

Also, Harry can't use complicated tech right? That might be an advantage for Emiya and well there is always the option to just snipe him which isn't very unlikely.

Any more reasoning behind that?

No Harry does not have a counter for Origin Bullets though a possible counter could be somekind of ward spell. Yes Emiya has the advantage in tech. Harry has the advantage in movement beside his impressive speed feats Harry also has a small diamond or something (can't quite remember) anyway this stone sized gem allows Harry to know the secret passage ways through The Nevernever (Basically a parallel world that contains Fairy, Ghosts and tons of other nasty stuff) Any way hundreds thousands of hidden passages exists some safe some dangerous. So it's basically like traveling through a dimmension. Also in this battle do character moral apply or is it all in

@SpeedForceSpider said:

Emiya WTF pwns this guy. He is a strategist he'll come up with something.

No Emiya doesn't come close to pwning it's actually quite close Harry is also a prep master and he has a lot more power to though around then Emiya.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,803 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@deathmonger: Whatever you say.

Post by FalconC2 (349 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Fehafare: With prep, Harry can just hide himself in the Nevernever which is a different dimension. So, fat chance of Kiritsugu reaching or sniping him there. That would probably count as forfeiting the match though.

Can Bob help? I mean, info wise for potions and stuff. If Harry's able to get some of Kiritsugu's blood/hair he could make a voodoo doll to incapacitate and chain down Kiritsugu like he did the loup-garou in Fool Moon, and that thing was bullet proof and could tear through steel like it was tissue paper. The Origin Bullets will be problematic though, they would probably tear through Harry's shield bracelet. Harry could also use his blood for a spell to make a thick sway of fog appear to cloud the terrain. Since Harry has prep, that's something he can probably set up. With the blending potion (makes you unnoticeable whilst at the same time disguising you), Kiritsugu won't even be able to see Harry until it's too late and Dresden's got his blasting rod at the Emiya's back.

EDIT: Harry also has a magnetism spell, which he can use to disarm people if they have a gun. A locator spell won't be hard for Harry to scrounge up either if he has Kiritsugu's name IIRC. There's also the anti-technology field Harry naturally emits, which has been known to jam automatic weapons when he's near them... in other words in a close quarters fight Kiritsugu's more high tech weaponry will probably fail him. It doesn't work on simple guns, like revolvers and such though.

Yeah, that's all just from the first three books and there's ten more with a lot more stuff. The series isn't even finished either and Cold Days is coming up next.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel