Gurren Lagann (base) vs HST team

Topic started by ImDictatorBowDown on Nov. 22, 2013. Last post by LHWKnight 3 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,690 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Bloodlust

Gurren Lagann is Post Time Skip, and it is self sufficient without pilots

no edo

Scenario 1. Gurren Lagann does a Gauntlet

Scenario 2. All at once

Setting: Grand Canyon

Post by Galenbeta (3,025 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@ImDictatorBowDown: If Gurren uses Twngen Toppa it's over for HST

if not then it's a HST stomp.

Either way it's a stomp

@Galenbeta: GL doesn't need to combine with anything to trump the HST, GL has more than enough fire power in it's base incarnation to end anyone on the team, but he isn't so far above them that he can't be harmed at this point. Even Arc GL would be far to much for the team, let alone Galaxy or Tengen Toppa.

Post by Kobra678 (2,962 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Huge stomp in favor of HST. All can solo.

@Kobra678: "All can solo," the same can be said in reciprocal, GL can solo this as well. it should also be noted that this is Time Skip Gurren Lagann.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,336 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Gurren Lagann , even before the time skip, had mountain busting, drilling through rock and water at supersonic speeds, regeneration, shielding, speedblitzing, and high durability. In the first episode after the time skip it was shown to take down shielded enemies who could wipe out Grappearl units and destroy a city block with a csingle swipe of it's laser. Not to mention in the last episode it was flying FLT to get to the Anti-Spirals. Not to mention the pilots are always getting more spiral power and getting stronger, thus making Gurren Lagann stronger.

What's stopping Naruto from spamming Biju dama?

Gurren Lagann can easily absorb and throw back energy. Gurren Lagann threw back enough energy to wipe out halft he surface of the Moon.

@KingOfAsh: When has base Gurren Lagann ever done something like that?

@Kobra678:

@KingOfAsh: All I see a a bunch of explosions, not him absorbing and throwing back. Still, he can still get speedblitzed. I don't remember him dodging anything with Naruto's speeds.

Post by takashichea (11,119 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@ImDictatorBowDown:

Reminder: You cannot post manga scans with pirated watermarks. I'll clean it for you. Next time, clean your scans in the future.

@Kobra678: I was away from my computer a few days but I have the reply now;

@KingOfAsh: Everybody in the HST has fought fast enough to look like a blur. If you wave your hand in front of your face, your hand looks like a blur. Being a blur is not impressive whatsoever. All it is is special effects.

Ok, he can redirect energy, so what? He can still get blitzed.

How long did that take? Show me a video.

@Kobra678: There's a difference between waving your hand in front of your face and a several ton robot move quicker than the ey can see (at one of it's weakest points I may add). Gurren Lagann was attacked in every dirrection by Muganns who can destroy a city block with a casual lazer, and that can fire dozens of lazers at once (note, they tried to speedblitz Gurren Lagann just before).

http://www.justanimedubbed.tv/gurren-lagann-episode-22/

7:04 it rushes from the Moon in a blink

@KingOfAsh: Not really, both are moving faster that a human eye can track. Let me remind you that all of the HST team can do that effortlessly. He was taking damage from those lasers (which are way weaker than a Bijuu Bomb). What's the speed for one of those Muganns?

When he rushed towards arc gurren he didn't even go that far before he was intercepted by Muganns.

@Kobra678: But it moved several thousand km in the blink of an eye. When has anyone in HST done that? The energy it reflected back at the Moon wreaked half the surface, and it did that without a sscratch. The intercepting Mugann didn't hurt it in the end either.

@KingOfAsh: No it didn't, the entire diameter of the moon is only 3,474.8 kilometers. If you look at around 8:05 of the episode you'll see that the Gurren only moved a fraction of that. The only reason he was able to reflect the energy was because he could react to it comming to him and was able to whip out a big ass drill before it hit him. What are you talking about? The Mugann that trapped him was obviously hurting him or he wouldn't be shouting in pain.

@Kobra678: He was able to bear the pain of the Super Mugann, and one Super Mugann knuckling down just on Gurren Lagann shows Gurren Lagann has ridiculous endurance (earlier, with just a shockwave, they destroyed over half the small Muganns). Even at weaker points, they could outpace Adene and speedblitz Viral faster than the eye can see. Even before they properly combine, Simon in Lagann digs Kamina in Gurren away from a massive blast from Viral.

@KingOfAsh: What is the super mugann? Show me a video or something so I know what you're talking about. My memory of Gurren Lagann must be getting hazy.

Ok, Naruto could outpace Adene as well, and speedblitz Viral. Did Simon dig before or after the explosion happened?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel