Gundam vs Evangelion

Topic started by Kei on April 8, 2010. Last post by cfatalis 4 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Kei (12 posts) See mini bio Level 3
First off Gundam Wing Zero vs Eva Unit 02 (full synchro)
Then Gundam Seed/Destiny (Best Gundam from here) vs Eva Unit 02 (full synchro)
Then Gundam 00 Raiser vs Eva Unit 02 (full synchro)
Terrain is earth where Tokyo 3 is in Neon Genesis Evangelion
 Unit 02
 Unit 02

Eva's weapon are positron cannon (though it might not need it), prog knife, its Eva rifle and various things it can throw e.g big rock
(piloted by their respective pilots) 
I love both but want to see the outcome :(

Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Eva wins

AT FIELD FTW
Post by Dream (7,091 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I don't see any Gundam being capable of piercing an AT Field.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,703 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Two best mecha ever in this battle, Eva 02 beats all except most likely Wing Zero
I reckon perhaps the double buster rifle of Zero cud get through, and probably the raiser sword, you then also gotta think on how long the gundam can evade a Eva since the Gundams are prob gona go for the umbilical cord of the Eva first then they got a 5 minute countdown til it runs outta power.
@Kei:  At full synchro, the umbilical power cable and battery wouldn't be necessary when the Eva goes berserker.
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
The twin buster rifle is capable of not just destroying, but VAPORIZING entire space colonies. We're not talking wimpy space colonies either, we're talking full size Stanford Torus design space colonies that are several kilometers in diameter.

There is no factual way that the Eva could physically survive such a dense energy wave that even causes physical matter to deteriorate. I mean, we're talking something that causes effects similar to approaching the Chandrasekhar limit people...

Also, lets not forget that the Eva is reliant on it's umbilical cable for power. Once that's cut, any pilot in the Wing Zero could simply fly up into the sky and 02 would never be able to touch it.
Oh, and let's not forget about the beamsaber. 22 layers of reinforced armor? meet my friend the overpowered arc-welder. 

So basically, mobility is incredibly in Wing Zero's favor, firepower is RIDICULOUSLY in Wing Zero's favor, and to make matters worse for the EVA, it has a built in weakness. I think it should be obvious who would win.

As for the Strike Freedom (Gundam Seed Destiny), I don't really know for sure. Chances are the Freedom would win due to the Super Dragoon system just harassing the EVA like mad until it got bored, not to mention specifically cutting the umbilical cable would be even easier for him than even the Wing Zero as a result.

00 Raiser? Despite being covered in sharp pointy objects I don't know if he would win. It seems like virtually every weapon he has would be useless against the AT field since they're all melee weapons, which means he has to go in close to do anything and that allows the EVA to actually do something against him. His mobility is pretty nice just like the other two, but I think his only reasonable shot would be boring the EVA to death by waiting up in the sky (though it's GN drive would probably run out first) or cutting the umbilical cable.

IN CONCLUSION: Assuming we toss out the umbilical cable factor, Wing Zero would still unquestionably win, the Strike Freedom would probably win albeit via a one-sided war of attrition banging away at the EVA till it finally grows tired and gives up (it's flesh and blood, unlike the Gundams), and the 00 Raiser would be in for a pretty intense fight that it could possibly lose.
@HeeroYuy: Very true, everyone should acknowledge the epic power of the TBR, as well as hero's piloting skills>>>>>>>>asuka's, who her self is a very excellent pilot
@Dream said:
" @Kei:  At full synchro, the umbilical power cable and battery wouldn't be necessary when the Eva goes berserker. "
that's only for unit 01 and 02(beast mode)

@HeeroYuy:
as long as the pilot is fully confident AT field is nearly impenetrable , only Eva 00 is reliant to umblical cord, Eva 01 somehow got more dangerous once the umblical cord is cut
@cfatalis: has Unit 02 gone berserk? don't remember that :S or you mean when they roar? Only Unit 01 can go berserk as its made from Lilith whereas the others were made from Adam, and from EoE we see that even having a full synchro Unit 02 still needed its cord :/ wouldn't you also think that the big super guns Zero have etc. will get through the AT field, i mean the positron cannon got through a superdoublecrazy one.

@HeeroYuy: Hmm you know the Eva can jump pretty damn high and throw things at escape velocity :S also as Asuka once said "I got 1800 tonnes of armour and a AT field, you think you can stop me!!!!!(*&^%$^&*(" (the random symbols to emphasize her craziness) ++yup Unit 02 is flesh and blood pity it was made from Adam instead of Lilith. Also major factor to consider - the Gundams are about 60 feet high, Eva is around 600 feet, time to scale stuff down. +Asuka is one of the better pilots of the series (since shinji is always crying in his emo corner). Don't be too hard on the Raiser, its a cool robot :D I say Raiser too since I think it to be the best of the series, however if you think another Gundam of the series would perform better please say :)

Anyways i can see how Eva would win, just that i can see how the Gundam may have a fighting chance, so persuade me!!! :/
@Kei: i am talking about Unit 02 beast mode, seen in evangelion 2.0
@cfatalis: Ahhhh, I haven't seen any of the movies cept for EoE, cooool
@Kei: well it's said to be awesome as hell
@cfatalis: I can't wait to see 2.0. ive been waiting for almost a fucking year.
@hitsusatsu11: well it is considerably more upbeat than the old one
@cfatalis: really eh, i hear its bad ass, can't wait for may 26 or whenever it comes out.
Recall to that the strongest AT fields before 3rd impact (kawaru and rei's) could block out virtualy ANYTHING, light, sub atomic particles, gravity ect. Asuka and unit 2 do not have one so strong but still, also asuka has used the AT field offensively as well against the JSSDF. 

Asuka also lifts up battle ship which weighs thousands of tons, note WZC weighs about 20tons. 

Then again Wing Zero did this^^from about 3:50 onward.
@hitsusatsu11: AT field actually also depend on how sure the pilot is on it's ability, asuka had the best sync rate, make that what you will, i cannot even be compared against any conventional weapon, it take nuke to actually pierce one, and they have to detonate alot of them , to actually harm an angel
@Kei: Eva-02 went berserker following the mutilation that the production-line Evas gave it as Asuka was struggling to get the unit up when it was out of power and without an umbilical cable before the units made shish-ka-bob of Eva-02 by tossing their spears at it. 

@HeeroYuy: The AT Fields have been shown to survive N2 mines which have the explosive power of nuclear bombs. The twin buster rifle, from what I recall, is also a double-edged sword for Gundam Wing Zero as the output from the rifle inflicts damage on the unit, clearly shown towards the end of Endless Waltz.
@Dream: TBR also need to CHARGE, are they thinking eva will stand there rpg style? but didn't 02 have a limiter of some kind, which mari release to actually use the beast mode?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel