greenlanterns vs goku and vegeta

Topic started by aboy2011 on April 28, 2011. Last post by sceonn 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by aboy2011 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 4
the greenlanterns are hal jordan and kyle goku and vegeta is at ssj4 nomorals they are bloodlusted the fight takes place on a lifeless planet who wins and why
Post by dccomicsrule2011 (220 posts) See mini bio Level 7
gl's wins reasons easy take a look at what gl can do
energy blast that can destroy planets with ease
super strenght they can lift 100 tons easy
super speed they can move faster than the speed of light
energy constructs they can make solid energy constructs of anything they imagine that can that can bust planets and hurt supes
energy absorbsion they can absorb large amounts of energy
time travel gl can time travel send stuff back and forward threw time
phasing the they can make solid matter go threw them
regenneration
the ring can heal the wearer and other people from injurys
force fields the greenlantern ring automaticly makes force field around the wearer that can take black holes, supernovas, planet busters, solar system buster with out injury
energy twins gl can make duplicates of them selves
pocket dimensions gl's in every gl ring is a world they can lock people in that world
mind alteration gl can control , and earsae people minds
matter manipulation gl can manipulate matter such as turning a man into a grand of sand
book of oa green lanterns has a near infinite amount of knowlege from the ring because the book or oa
and this is why this is a stomp you take the  best gl and the second best gl and this is a stomp
Post by Zearth (218 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Has Kyle Ion powers?, in any case Greern Lattern team wins this easly.
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
The entire GLC would win, but just Hal and Kyle are a tough call, I like their chances though, I think Hal can beat Vegeta 1 on 1, and if Vegeta is taken down then the duo of Hal and Kyle stand a pretty good shot of beating Goku, yeah I'll go with the GL's
@EganTheVile1 said:
The entire GLC would win, but just Hal and Kyle are a tough call, I like their chances though, I think Hal can beat Vegeta 1 on 1, and if Vegeta is taken down then the duo of Hal and Kyle stand a pretty good shot of beating Goku, yeah I'll go with the GL's
What do you mean a pretty good shot Hal stomps Vegeta and Kyle stomps goku.
Post by KingOfSnipers (435 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Wow, talk about a horrific stomp for Kyle and Hal.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11
this is spite in green lanterns favor.
Post by Agent9149 (481 posts) See mini bio Level 11
the green lanterns are the worst to go against dbz cast...they are not strong enough to break through their shields and they can easily manipulate their ki...the dbz doesn't have any other abilities that an help them
Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Green Rape
Post by taichokage (12,465 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I don't think this is a stomp but GL team should win. Goku could deal with it but Vegeta has no counter for planet busters and other things. Goku probably could not beat both Hal and Kyle by himself.
Post by JThree47605 (1,004 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@taichokage said:
I don't think this is a stomp but GL team should win. Goku could deal with it but Vegeta has no counter for planet busters and other things. Goku probably could not beat both Hal and Kyle by himself.
Honestly Vegeta should be able to handle planet busters, especially as a SSJ4
@JThree47605 said:
@taichokage said:
Honestly Vegeta should be able to handle planet busters, especially as a SSJ4
He could destroy many planet busters with ease but he himself could not handle a planet busting. Not that he couldn't tank the attack itself, but saiyajins can't survive for long in space.
Post by JThree47605 (1,004 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@taichokage: I just thought you were trying to say Vegeta couldn't take a planet buster thats all
@JThree47605 said:
@taichokage: I just thought you were trying to say Vegeta couldn't take a planet buster thats all
Oh no, I didn't mean that.
Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11

dbz goku and vegeta would lose. dbo goku and vegeta have a decent fight
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
The GL team should win. Master energy and matter manipulation as well as their superhuman physiology will give Goku and Vegeta way too much hell. 

ND
@taichokage said:
Goku can not beat Hal or Kyle Goku can not deal with Hal or Kyle.This is a stomp.
Post by puiwaihin (14 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Depends on who is writing the story.   If it''s a DC fanboy, then sure, the GLs will win.  Their willpower will be greater than any power the Z fighters have.  If the story depends on it, the GL power will be whatever is needed (or however little is needed).   If it's Akira Toriyama writing the story, the GL's will create some impossible barrier of infinite willpower and Goku will crack it while still in his base form, grin, and apologize for doing the impossible.  Honestly, this is a test of your comic preference, not of which character would win.  So, let me reveal my preference.

First off, destroying the world would not win the battle for either team.  GLs can breathe in space.  In the case of RBF (Removing the Battlefield, as opposed to BFR), Goku can IT to another planet with Vegeta.

Next, simply saying Kyle or Hal beats Goku doesn't make it true.  WHY does it happen?  I don't see that as a given at all.  Explain why.  Scans are nice, but they don't replace reasoning.   Few posters have given any reason at all for their opinions.

I think any of the Z-fighters post saiyan saga would be a serious threat to any GL in any fight.  Here's why:
They are all speedsters.  They all have greater than Class 100 strength (I'm aware of the 10 ton weights and Goku in Otherworld, but that's an outlier and Toriyama has commented that he wasn't really keeping things consistent).  They can all take blows from greater than class 100 strength.  They are relentless and aggressive fighters.   Unlike in DC fights where most fights consist of one side blindsiding the other, or overwhelming the other in one attack, the Z-fighters take a hit, roll with the momentum of the strike and kick you back harder.  If the 3rd hit doesn't get through, the 4th, 5th, 6th, Kth one will.

In a fight the Z-fighters would instantly blitz.  The rings would react (as they do against any enemy speedster), but the battle would be a constant barrage of strikes and hits from every imaginable angle.  I don't think DC has portrayed GL's as being invulnerable.  If they don't see a hit coming or if the hit is greater than whatever they have willed into existence, they go down like a sack of potatoes.  Batman has decked Hal Jordan when didn't expect it (in return for Hal doing the same to Bat earlier).  Hal had his ring.  If Hal had seen the blow coming he could of stopped it.  Since he didn't, he was floored.  If Kyle or Hal can anticipate an attack they can shield themselves.  If not, all they have is the "automatic" shielding from the ring.  That's not going to prevent them from getting knocked unconscious and thereby lose.   And this is only the Z-fighters, not to the top.  Goku and Vegeta hit much, much harder.

Then there's the whole point that from SSJ to SSJ3, they are YELLOW.  And many, many of their energy attacks are YELLOW.  Against typical GL's that will be an issue.  Krillin and his "destructo discs" could even wipe out a ton of GLs.  Now, Kyle and Hal are special.  Kyle's ring isn't susceptible (or at least, it wasn't before he stepped down to become an ordinary GL again) to the yellow impurity and Hal has overcome fear.  However, in Hal's case, it is still a relevant issue.  It's been revealed that it takes GL's more effort to affect anything yellow than non-yellow things.  This means that if Hal is being attacked by multiple yellow balls of planet destroying energy, he'll have to work harder to survive than against a blue Kamehameha wave, or the SSJ4 red colored version.

dccomicsrule posted a nice list of many of the GL powers as an attempt to argue why.  Unfortunately, he didn't explain how any of these powers makes a win for a GL.   Most of the points do not actually give an advantage to the GLs.

--energy blast that can destroy planets with ease

Both Goku and Vegeta are capable of destroying solar systems.  That's on the conservative side.  The argument could be made for wiping out a galaxy.

--super strenght they can lift 100 tons easy 

Even under the most conservative estimates both Goku and Vegeta are well beyond this at base levels.  And that is physical strength, not ki enhanced.

--super speed they can move faster than the speed of light

However, that is for travel purposes, not consistently shown in combat.
Goku/Vegeta are at least that fast at close range.  Unfortunately, PIS makes them much slower out of combat.

**energy constructs they can make solid energy constructs of anything they imagine that can that can bust planets and hurt supes 

This is one power Goku/Vegeta do not have.   However, Goku and Vegeta can destroy these constructs pretty much instantly.   This issue is where the writer determines who wins.  A DC fan will say GL constructs.  A DBZ fan would say DB destructive energies.

--energy absorbsion they can absorb large amounts of energy 

They can also be blasted by that energy, too.  It depends on what kind of energy and and the situation.
Goku and Vegeta can both catch energy used against them and nullify, or just smack it away like kicking ball.

**time travel gl can time travel send stuff back and forward threw time 

A deus ex machina, yes.  But, that is not really applicable to combat.  It might come in handy afterwards, assuming they are still alive, but not applicable to combat.

--phasing the they can make solid matter go threw them

Vegeta and Goku can dematerialize from one place and rematerialize in another at will, as well as move so fast that it appears they are standing still while an object passes through them.

--regenneration/the ring can heal the wearer and other people from injurys

Goku/Vegeta have access to senzu beans.  However, without the beans they lack healing ability.  Other DBZ characters have that, but not them.  However, the GL healing does not work like Wolverine's healing factor or Superman's super healing.  It's normally a mechanism by which they live through something that should have killed them.

--force fields the greenlantern ring automaticly makes force field around the wearer that can take black holes, supernovas, planet busters, solar system buster with out injury

The GL automatic forcefield is not as strong as one consciously generated by the GL.  Don't confuse the automatic force shield and them using willpower to put something in place.  And keep in mind that different writers have handled this differently.  In fact, the same writer has handled it differently in different situations.  It's a plot device power.  However, they do have an automatic forcefield, and they can will very powerful forcefields into existence.  But, do they have enough to take what even a super saiyan can dish out?  I've seen the scans of GL surviving a nova explosion, but it's unconvincing.  The explosion was far away and the GL only needed to be shielded from a fraction of the blast. 

DBZ characters regularly attack each other with blasts that of that magnitude.  They can create shields to protect themselves or they can just take the hit and survive it, none the worse.

--energy twins gl can make duplicates of them selves

Same argument as the energy construct one.  If GL is getting outclassed, making a duplicate isn't going to improve his odds.  Him and his duplicate will get whooped.  If he's winning, it won't make a difference.  Only way this is really relevant would be in a nearly even match-up.

Tien, Piccolo, and Cell all used a similar technique.  In each case, Goku adapted to fighting multiple opponents instantly.  While GL's power doesn't work the same way (i.e. he won't cut his power in half), it will drain the ring's power faster.

--pocket dimensions gl's in every gl ring is a world they can lock people in that world

Might work on Vegeta.  Maybe.  Probably not.  Definitely won't work on Goku.  His instant Transmission can take him between dimensions (Otherworld, Earth, Realm of the Dead).  Buu was trapped in the hyperbolic time chamber and screamed a hole in reality to escape.  SSJ3 Gotenks did the same thing.  Stands to reason SSJ3 Vegeta could as well.  And if not, he'd be rescued by Goku.  And that's assuming the GLs could get them to stand still to be locked away in the first place.

--mind alteration gl can control , and earsae people minds 

Not, to my knowledge, a combat skill.  Never seen a GL do that to an active opponent during combat.
Goku is a fairly powerful telepath with advanced mental training.  He has displayed telekinesis, mind reading, and long distance telepathy.  While never shown, he almost certainly has the power to repel intrusions into his mind.  Krillin and Gohan demonstrated this on the trip to Namek and it was alluded to that Goku also had the power.  The same assumption can't be made about Vegeta, although Vegeta did show that when he was attempted to be controlled it only worked because he allowed it.

--matter manipulation gl can manipulate matter such as turning a man into a grand of sand

But does that work on super powered beings?  And Goku/Vegeta fused were transformed into a piece of candy.  They fought as candy.  If they were transformed, they'd fight on, but smaller and harder to hit/hurt.  But this depends on the writer, obviously.

--book of oa green lanterns has a near infinite amount of knowlege from the ring because the book or oa

Not really useful in combat.  Though I can imagine this: 
GL: "Book of Oa, tell me about saiyans.  We just had a battle with a pair and we barely beat them using all of our power.  They were an inch away from death, but then they ate this little bean and recovered.   What does this mean?"
Book: "You are screwed.  Saiyans get more powerful after each fight.  The closer to death they get and come back, the more powerful they are."
GL: "Thank you, Book of Oa.  You're right, we're screwed."

This argument really comes down to opinion rather than fact.  My opinion is on the side of the DBZ characters, but I can see the other side.  My reason for this is how they are consistently portrayed.  While Green Lanterns are sometimes shown to be incredibly durable and super powerful, you also see them getting knocked unconscious or killed by things much less powerful than what saiyans represent.   Z-fighters can be seen occasionally being hurt by mundane items, or hopping around comically when their foot catches fire, but that's for laughs.  Usually it takes someone who's been shown more powerful than someone powerful enough to destroy at least a moon to take them out.

I understand that Hal and Kyle are the Green Lantern poster boys, but... so?  This isn't a DC comics Green Lantern issue.  They aren't the heroes.  Luck and fate are not on their side, nor is the plot.   They've got stronger wills, which means they have a better chance than any other Corps member, but other than that, it doesn't matter.  It just comes down to who has the power advantage over whom.  My money is on Goku.  He's got a will that doesn't stop, either.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@puiwaihin said:
Depends on who is writing the story.   If it''s a DC fanboy, then sure, the GLs will win.  Their willpower will be greater than any power.  On the other hand, if the story depends on it their power will be limited.   If it's Akira Toriyama writing the story, the GL's will create some impossible barrier of infinite willpower and Goku will crack it while still in his base form.  Honestly, this is a test of your comic preference, not of which character would win.

First off, destroying the world would not win the battle for either team.  GLs can breathe in space.  Goku can IT to another planet with Vegeta.  That would be RBF (Removing the Battlefield).

Next, simply saying Kyle or Hal beats Goku doesn't make it true.  WHY does it happen?  I don't see that as a given at all.  Explain why.  Scans are nice, but they don't replace reasoning.   Few posters have given any reason at all for their opinions.

I think any of the Z-fighters post saiyan saga would be a serious threat to any GL in any fight.  Here's why:
They are all speedsters.  They all have greater than Class 100 strength (I'm aware of the 10 ton weights and Goku in Otherworld, but that's an outlier and Toriyama has commented that he wasn't really keeping things consistent).  They can all take blows from greater than class 100 strength.  They are relentless and aggressive fighters.   Unlike in DC fights where most fights consist of one side blindsiding the other, or overwhelming the other in one attack, the Z-fighters take a hit, roll with the momentum of the strike and kick you back harder.  If the 3rd hit doesn't get through, the 4th, 5th, 6th, Kth one will.

In a fight the Z-fighters would instantly blitz.  The rings would react (as they do against any enemy speedster), but the battle would be a constant barrage of strikes and hits from every imaginable angle.  I don't think DC has portrayed GL's as being invulnerable.  If they don't see a hit coming or if the hit is greater than whatever they have willed into existence, they go down like a sack of potatoes.  Batman has decked Hal Jordan when didn't expect it (in return for Hal doing the same to Bat earlier).  Hal had his ring.  If Hal had seen the blow coming he could of stopped it.  Since he didn't, he was floored.  If Kyle or Hal can anticipate an attack they can shield themselves.  If not, all they have is the "automatic" shielding from the ring.  That's not going to prevent them from getting knocked unconscious and thereby lose.   And this is only the Z-fighters, not to the top.  Goku and Vegeta hit much, much harder.

Then there's the whole point that from SSJ to SSJ3, they are YELLOW.  And many, many of their energy attacks are YELLOW.  Against typical GL's that will be an issue.  Krillin and his "destructo discs" could even wipe out a ton of GLs.  Now, Kyle and Hal are special.  Kyle's ring isn't susceptible (or at least, it wasn't before he stepped down to become an ordinary GL again) to the yellow impurity and Hal has overcome fear.  However, in Hal's case, it is still a relevant issue.  It's been revealed that it takes GL's more effort to affect anything yellow than non-yellow things.  This means that if Hal is being attacked by multiple yellow balls of planet destroying energy, he'll have to work harder to survive than against a blue Kamehameha wave, or the SSJ4 red colored version.

dccomicsrule posted a nice list of many of the GL powers as an attempt to argue why.  Unfortunately, he didn't explain how any of these powers makes a win for a GL.   Most of the points do not actually give an advantage to the GLs.

--energy blast that can destroy planets with ease

Both Goku and Vegeta are capable of destroying solar systems.  That's on the conservative side.  The argument could be made for wiping out a galaxy.

--super strenght they can lift 100 tons easy 

Even under the most conservative estimates both Goku and Vegeta are well beyond this at base levels.  And that is physical strength, not ki enhanced.

--super speed they can move faster than the speed of light

However, that is for travel purposes, not consistently shown in combat.
Goku/Vegeta are at least that fast at close range.  Unfortunately, PIS makes them much slower out of combat.

**energy constructs they can make solid energy constructs of anything they imagine that can that can bust planets and hurt supes 

This is one power Goku/Vegeta do not have.   However, Goku and Vegeta can destroy these constructs pretty much instantly.   This issue is where the writer determines who wins.  A DC fan will say GL constructs.  A DBZ fan would say DB destructive energies.

--energy absorbsion they can absorb large amounts of energy 

They can also be blasted by that energy, too.  It depends on what kind of energy and and the situation.
Goku and Vegeta can both catch energy used against them and nullify, or just smack it away like kicking ball.

**time travel gl can time travel send stuff back and forward threw time 

A deus ex machina, yes.  But, that is not really applicable to combat.  It might come in handy afterwards, assuming they are still alive, but not applicable to combat.

--phasing the they can make solid matter go threw them

Vegeta and Goku can dematerialize from one place and rematerialize in another at will, as well as move so fast that it appears they are standing still while an object passes through them.

--regenneration/the ring can heal the wearer and other people from injurys

Goku/Vegeta have access to senzu beans.  However, without the beans they lack healing ability.  Other DBZ characters have that, but not them.  However, the GL healing does not work like Wolverine's healing factor or Superman's super healing.  It's normally a mechanism by which they live through something that should have killed them.

--force fields the greenlantern ring automaticly makes force field around the wearer that can take black holes, supernovas, planet busters, solar system buster with out injury

The GL automatic forcefield is not as strong as one consciously generated by the GL.  Don't confuse the automatic force shield and them using willpower to put something in place.  And keep in mind that different writers have handled this differently.  In fact, the same writer has handled it differently in different situations.  It's a plot device power.  However, they do have an automatic forcefield, and they can will very powerful forcefields into existence.  But, do they have enough to take what even a super saiyan can dish out?  I've seen the scans of GL surviving a nova explosion, but it's unconvincing.  The explosion was far away and the GL only needed to be shielded from a fraction of the blast. 

DBZ characters regularly attack each other with blasts that of that magnitude.  They can create shields to protect themselves or they can just take the hit and survive it, none the worse.

--energy twins gl can make duplicates of them selves

Same argument as the energy construct one.  If GL is getting outclassed, making a duplicate isn't going to improve his odds.  Him and his duplicate will get whooped.  If he's winning, it won't make a difference.  Only way this is really relevant would be in a nearly even match-up.

Tien, Piccolo, and Cell all used a similar technique.  In each case, Goku adapted to fighting multiple opponents instantly.  While GL's power doesn't work the same way (i.e. he won't cut his power in half), it will drain the ring's power faster.

--pocket dimensions gl's in every gl ring is a world they can lock people in that world

Might work on Vegeta.  Maybe.  Probably not.  Definitely won't work on Goku.  His instant Transmission can take him between dimensions (Otherworld, Earth, Realm of the Dead).  Buu was trapped in the hyperbolic time chamber and screamed a hole in reality to escape.  SSJ3 Gotenks did the same thing.  Stands to reason SSJ3 Vegeta could as well.  And if not, he'd be rescued by Goku.  And that's assuming the GLs could get them to stand still to be locked away in the first place.

--mind alteration gl can control , and earsae people minds 

Not, to my knowledge, a combat skill.  Never seen a GL do that to an active opponent during combat.
Goku is a fairly powerful telepath with advanced mental training.  He has displayed telekinesis, mind reading, and long distance telepathy.  While never shown, he almost certainly has the power to repel intrusions into his mind.  Krillin and Gohan demonstrated this on the trip to Namek and it was alluded to that Goku also had the power.  The same assumption can't be made about Vegeta, although Vegeta did show that when he was attempted to be controlled it only worked because he allowed it.

--matter manipulation gl can manipulate matter such as turning a man into a grand of sand

But does that work on super powered beings?  And Goku/Vegeta fused were transformed into a piece of candy.  They fought as candy.  If they were transformed, they'd fight on, but smaller and harder to hit/hurt.  But this depends on the writer, obviously.

--book of oa green lanterns has a near infinite amount of knowlege from the ring because the book or oa

Not really useful in combat.  Though I can imagine this:  GL: "Book of Oa, tell me about saiyans.  We just had a battle with a pair and we barely beat them using all of our power.  They were an inch away from death, but then they ate this little bean and recovered.   What does this mean?"Book: "You are screwed.  Saiyans get more powerful after each fight.  The closer to death they get and come back, the more powerful they are." GL: "Thank you, Book of Oa.  You're right, we're screwed."  This argument really comes down to opinion rather than fact.  My opinion is on the side of the DBZ characters, but I can see the other side.  My reason for this is how they are consistently portrayed.  While Green Lanterns are sometimes shown to be incredibly durable and super powerful, you also see them getting knocked unconscious or killed by things much less powerful than what saiyans represent.   Z-fighters can be seen occasionally being hurt by mundane items, or hopping around comically when their foot catches fire, but that's for laughs.  Usually it takes someone who's been shown more powerful than someone powerful enough to destroy at least a moon to take them out.  I understand that Hal and Kyle are the Green Lantern poster boys, but... so?  This isn't a DC comics Green Lantern issue.  They aren't the heroes.  Luck and fate are not on their side, nor is the plot.   They've got stronger wills, which means they have a better chance than any other Corps member, but other than that, it doesn't matter.  It just comes down to who has the power advantage over whom.  My money is on Goku.  He's got a will that doesn't stop, either.
this makes no sense...at all...seriously, lanterns sodomize the sayain duo
Post by puiwaihin (14 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Actually, it all makes sense.  You just disagree with it.  But if you would like to try using logic...

BTW, are you saying Hal and Kyle are gay?  Wow.  Sure hope you don't post scans. That would be against the ToS.  And very, very wrong.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel