Gotenks vs Broly

Topic started by SpeedForceSpider on May 29, 2012. Last post by Iju 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,037 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Post-Rosat
Post-Rosat
Movie 10
Movie 10

Bloodlust

No time limit

Gotenks can only go SSJ if needed

Who wins?

Post by eddz99 (2,574 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Gotenks if ssj since ssj gotenks can literally match fat buu which ass kicked a full powered ssj2.

Post by GrayWolf2 (343 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Well, Gotenks has a big thing going for him in that he appeals to Broly's PIS weakness where "only if we fight together can we beat this guy." So, he probably takes this.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,736 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Take out PIS out of the question and Broly wins... Broly will blast Gotenks and unfuse just like Hirudegarn did with one punch.. so yeah Broly wins.

the only way I see Gotenks winning is by a PIS.

The only solo character I see that can give Broly hell is Mystic Gohan.

@DBZ_universe: Broly is the only person in this match that needs PIS to win, Gotenks should win this fairly easily.

@SpeedForceSpider: I doubt it... since the more Broly will fight the more powerful he will get... it took 2 SSJ2s, SSJ Goten (with near death experience), and Trunks detraction to beat Broly... pluss a plot device.... Gotenks got defused by Hirudegarn (who is weaker than him) by a huge blow.... and if we include ALL feats Broly stomps. (such as the one when he made Gogeta bleed in BK3) but that's out of the question....

@DBZ_universe: I find it a bit strange you'd say that seeing as though Gotenks SSJ is equivalent to SSJ3 Goku, who mind you, would roflstomp Broly.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@SpeedForceSpider: Lol don't play the Goku SSJ3 card here or this debate will end up going in a whole new direction. As for this, personally I think SSJ Gotenks (Post ROSAT) could just about take this, not Pre ROSAT though.

@ohgodwhy said:

@SpeedForceSpider: Lol don't play the Goku SSJ3 card here or this debate will end up going in a whole new direction. As for this, personally I think SSJ Gotenks (Post ROSAT) could just about take this, not Pre ROSAT though.

BS dude, I said that because he thinks Gotenks Post-ROSAT is basically weak lol. But I agree with you on Gotenks taking this.

@SpeedForceSpider: Am not saying he is weak... if the battle goes on Broly will get stronger (since Gotenks likes to fool around) but since I saw it was bloodlusted then I take it back Gotenks wins... since he is not gonna give Broly a chance... (sorry that I didn't read the OP fully)

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,203 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Gotenks wins, but he will need SSJ to do it.

@DBZ_universe: It's cool

Post by ReiKai (3,530 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Brolly kicks the shit out of him. LSSJ not even needed unless it's SSJ3 Gotenks.
Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,203 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ReiKai: I think that we are to assume that powerscaling applies here, regardless of superior feats, given the number of threads like these.

Not really, no. Because people are forgetting that it only applies to the Movies in order to assess how powerful the characters are. That became irrelevant the moment Brolly was introduced.

Brolly decimated Galaxy in an Underpowered Form.

SS3 Gotenks Barely created a Temporary breach in dimensions from the HBTC, which already had a previous connection to the Lookout.

Brolly can destroy a galaxy. No one else in the entire DBU has that level of destructive power. And because Brolly is a Movie Character, you can't use his feats to prove powerscaling because it does not exist in the main DBU.

@ReiKai said:

Not really, no. Because people are forgetting that it only applies to the Movies in order to assess how powerful the characters are. That became irrelevant the moment Brolly was introduced.

Brolly decimated Galaxy in an Underpowered Form. SS3 Gotenks Barely created a Temporary breach in dimensions from the HBTC, which already had a previous connection to the Lookout. Brolly can destroy a galaxy. No one else in the entire DBU has that level of destructive power. And because Brolly is a Movie Character, you can't use his feats to prove powerscaling because it does not exist in the main DBU.

True...

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@ReiKai: I think that the feat of Broly destroying the Galaxy was complete BS. Having debated with others there's no way anyone in DBZ has powers that could let them destroy a solar system let alone a galaxy. If they were truly so powerful then even a .0001% beam would completely annihilate the Earth and seeing as they're constantly missing each other and hitting the ground this just isn't the case. Then when you take away that one feat of power I don't think Broly is so impressive. Also you might say that he took on 4 SSJs and a Super Namek but even that's not that impressive, seeing as they were just SSs. None of them were SSJ2s and the difference between the two levels is gigantic, just look at how FPSSJ Gohan went from being dominated by Cell to dominating Cell. Then you have SSJ3 which is 4x more powerful than SSJ2 and it becomes clear that Broly's showing isn't exactly indicative of how powerful he really is. I'd still give this fight to SSJ Gotenks who is invariably stronger than SSJ3 Goku and most likely LSSJ Broly.

@ohgodwhy said:

@ReiKai: I think that the feat of Broly destroying the Galaxy was complete BS. Having debated with others there's no way anyone in DBZ has powers that could let them destroy a solar system let alone a galaxy. If they were truly so powerful then even a .0001% beam would completely annihilate the Earth and seeing as they're constantly missing each other and hitting the ground this just isn't the case. Then when you take away that one feat of power I don't think Broly is so impressive. Also you might say that he took on 4 SSJs and a Super Namek but even that's not that impressive, seeing as they were just SSs. None of them were SSJ2s and the difference between the two levels is gigantic, just look at how FPSSJ Gohan went from being dominated by Cell to dominating Cell. Then you have SSJ3 which is 4x more powerful than SSJ2 and it becomes clear that Broly's showing isn't exactly indicative of how powerful he really is. I'd still give this fight to SSJ Gotenks who is invariably stronger than SSJ3 Goku and most likely LSSJ Broly.

Thank you, in the USSJ vs LSSJ Broly battle someone tried to make it seem like beating SSJ's are impressive. I agree with your post 100% :)

Except Movie Logic does not have to follow the Canon logic of the series. Thus you get galax-busting Brolly, dimension cutting Janemba and wannabe Freddy Krueger Fear Monster, Hirudegarn. You don't get those in the Main Cannon because, for the most part, the entire cast would be killed off quite easily.

SS3 Goku is weaker than Mystic Gohan, yet in the Movie with Hirudegarn, it was SS3 Goku who beats it after figuring out how it kept powering up over them. This is because Movie Logic doesn't have to align itself with the Main canon due to the fact the Moves are Separate from it.
Post by Dream (7,897 posts) See mini bio Level 21
As long as Gotenks pushes up to at least SSJ, he should be able to mop the floor with Broly.

As for the galaxy-busting feat, have a question: If Broly truly did it within a few seconds, why couldn't he kill the Z Fighters instantaneously with a single attack if he is supposedly capable of such power output?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel