@luthluth: By the time they come to that conclusion, it's likely a good chunk of their forces will already be wiped out. Still I won't rule out the possibility of it happening, I just think they would resort to Kido and hax before sealing techniques, but that's subjective.
OP says IC.
That being said, Yama has proven time and time again that he's too arrogant to use bankai from the get go, and he say words of wisdom before actually doing shit that takes time, time he doesn't have when fighting someone like Kizaru, other captains are like that too.
Admirals on the other hand are professionals and will do shit right away, but they often let the opponent attack first.
So the fight probably will start with the captains babbling shit to the Admirals, haki will then kick in and the Admirals will know who/how/where would the captains attacks, and would proceed to counter-attack, Kizaru alone would probably take out the lesser captains, Aokiji flash freezing the others and Akainu would most likely go one-on-one with Yama. Yama would probably use bankai at this point seeing that his comrades fell to highly capable opponents, but he won't have the time since Admirals don't just watch as their opponent tries to power up.
So, I say Admirals win due to primarily CIS.
And about Kizaru having a long hang-time, he probably was just floating because he's light, since light has no mass, he's basically no-selling gravity.
The admirals lose because of reaitsu crush. Are you happy now?
How on earth is he island lvl.
1. He can do that town level feat casually for he did it with ease with no strain it also depends of the circumstances. He clearly cant do that in Soul society
2. Karkura town could be considered a small island about 87.46 km^2( the size of Manhattan ) so flames from ryujin jakka could destroy an area of that size.
3. The quincies all have blut vene which protects them from high temperature and damage.
4. Aokiji and Akainu will get vaporized once hit by yammas flames. Aokiji gets turned into steam which he cannot revert from. Akainu gets burned by temperatures greater than hes own which is how he stated to have killed ace. Their attacks are also useless against yamma in bankai hes heat provides him with defense from their attacks.
5. The admirals can also get imprisoned by sealing kido
6. Yamma is capable of all aces showings and much more ace.The best thing i have seen ace do is burn down a house thrown at him.
7.Yamamoto will solo for their attacks wont hurt him in bankai and he takes them out excluding Kizaru who can be sealed. Sinji shikai will lead to their end it wont be easy to move when their entire sense of direction is distorted and the admirals spam attacks aimlessly.
8. Two top captains in bleach have yet to show the full scope of their powers and bankai today i learned that konamura is immortal in human form.
You can deny all you want but the admirals cannot solo all the captains, they will pose a threat but not take out all. They will get sealed and countered. I am even removing reaitsu crush because it wont be much of a fight.
Fair enough it was not a big island. My point is without prep Yama feats are not greater. His heat is not vastly inferior as Ace passively changed the climate on Choppers home island and I know you know that was a big island. He never explicitly burned anything other than wood but the steel components to make up battleships count. Yama can reach up to 15 million degrees, not the core temperature of the sun.
Yama's bankai/technique has all his flames on the tip of his sword of course it would be potent enough to at least do that.
Imagine if Ace had the flame emperor attack at the tip of his finger.
Fair enough with prep and/or bankai the potency of his attacks are greater. I'm pretty sure the core temp of the sun can reach over 27 million. Its a winter island it is constantly cold and snowing there. That was impressive but I doubt he could sustain his bankai for that long before he destroys SS but it is possible.
I will concede to the fact that Kuzan gets burnt to a crisp but I am nowhere near convinced that he is hotter than Akainu apart from the character statement of '15 million degrees'.