Goku Vs. Wonder Woman

Topic started by mavfan626 on June 16, 2011. Last post by SpeedForceSpider 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@battleheiz:  
Hey, do you have any proof that their universe is smaller than ours because it pretty much seems to be our universe, just another counterpart.
Post by shonen (846 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@TheRedRose said:

@battleheiz:  Hey, do you have any proof that their universe is smaller than ours because it pretty much seems to be our universe, just another counterpart.

Ah well I don't know if its smaller, but if you go to my thread in dragon ball forum. There is a link which gives you a picture of there universe. 

http://web.archive.org/web/20040603074419/www.dbgtn.com/?dbgt=universe

People get the idea that the DB universe is smaller due to it being translated as being divided into 4 galaxies, with each kai governing a different sector. However I've read on Daizenshou forums that the term galaxies does not mean in Astronomical terms, and that the term galaxies and areas were often inter twin in the manga. Indication that it could be like ours just a different layout.
Post by KingOfSnipers (435 posts) See mini bio Level 11
That's a terrible picture of Diana that the OP used.

Anyways, Round 1 goes to Diana due to her being a better melee fighter. Round Two could possibly end up pretty much the same way since DB characters tend to go melee first more often than not.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@shonen said:

"The point of numbering everything is to break up my argument in sub-section, and seperate them into each part I'm countering of the statment you made." 

Now that you say it it's a lot easier to know what the heck you where responding to.   

"I was saying plently, and I never supported that Buu feat should be considered cannon. If i did I would like you to quote me please.  " 

The post that set off this rampage was when StargunZX pointing out that Buu's galaxy busting feat was filler, in which you jumped down his throat: 

"It never happened meaning like it never happened. FAN-FICTION. never happened  ? 
I just need to point out one thing how is it's ok to use multiple authors in comics who write different stories for comic book characters. However, the moment someone uses anything from an anime, (especially one where the original author was involved in creating original story), that is ruled out as (made-up). I mean if where playing this game we might as well rule out all issues of Wonder Woman, except those made by her original author. After all, ever other issue is equivalent to non-cannon fodder right ? 
It can't only hold one way right. "

I'm sure someone was playing the world's smallest violin when they read that, I wasn't. 

"What I was saying about comics is that we like to pick feats, and accept many stories from comics for different heroes as legit," 

Except the ones that aren't canon, everytime someone puts the Silver Surfer in a debate they aren't using the Exiles version that was beating down his universe's tree hugger version of Galactus to death and cutting Gladiator in half with his board.  
"despite the fact that it is made by multiple writers who often keep fluctuating the characters power gauge, creating their own individual stories," 
I'd understand if you where talking about characters like the Spectre, but a lot of characters for years have consistently been depicted at a certain level of power.  
Generally people ignore the one time stuff of them leaving that depicted level of power and roll off the consistent showings in debates unless the OP states otherwise. 
Everytime someone debates for Spiderman, mentiong wins on Firelord, the Hulk, Juggernaut and the like aren't going to be taken seriously.Hell how about Buuhan's filler universe busting tantrum?

"much like fillers from anime, "

No, nothing alike at all.

"with the exception that anime studios don't go over crazy like comics and put characters above a power set that the author has portrayed; "

How many times has the power of friendship or love amped an anime character to the level of power required to save the day?  
Gurren Lagann was a series consisting of random power ups throughout the end, to fight an enemy that was out of their league. 

"your Hinata video does not mean much it is a variation of a technique Neji used in chunin exam. " 

No Neji never spammed fired Lazer Beams to individually chop millions if not billions of insects to pieces in moments and yes Pein would have found himself cut in a million pieces against the same attack.

"The examples you gave me in your previous post were "Gohan's dragon" which was created in a movie that does not fit in the main storyline, and fill with contradiction. The other example was, "Goku would IT spam in fight", both of which comes from movies filled with events that contradict the manga. So going by what I'm trying to instill into you is that they don't count (we ignore them). The Broly movie there were no contradictions so their is nothing to ignore. " 

Except none of the films involving Broly are never mentioned in any shape or form, muchless is Vegeta tossing his Ki into Goku to amp him to beat the heck out of said villians whenever.  
I could really go on about this. 
Heres an example of DBU filler that doesn't fit well in the plot, Buu busting a galaxy. Happy now?

"3. Cross Epoch was more of a crossover between DBZ and One Piece, so no it is not cannon. Just as comic fans like to ignore crossover between marvel and DC, to avoid ridiculous event involving, Batman punching the air out of Hulk, Superman getting man handled by Venom....etc." 

It wasn't more of a crossover,it was a crossover.  
Guess who worked on it? What was that previous argument?: 

"These authors in DC all work in the same continuity. Similar Akira Toriyama also talked and collaborated with members of Toei animation  and even made some filler episodes, and character designs of his own. So unlike DC writers the Toei staff had the benefit of actually working with the origiinal creator of said material while the writers at DC have to form their own idea of how the character would be."

So why can't I pull feats for Goku from Cross Epoch since Tori worked on it? Just a moment ago I was hearing about how the anime can be looked towards as a viable canon stuff, just because Tori did this and that on it, what happened?

"4. That's not what I meant I was referring to fluctuation power set of said characters, and often the discontinued stories. Your not reading my post properly and seem to be going off pn  a tangent. "

Then I again bring up Spiderman as a character no one claims can beat the Hulk down or Heralds just because he by some miracle pulled it off on panel when he regularly gets wrecked by less.

"My overall claim is don't keep with the idea that just because its filler its non-cannon by default and some sort of fan fiction. My general idea which I will recite is "If it doesn't contradict anything from the main storyline" we accept it.  " 

Unless it's filler or a non canon film. 

"Lastly, I'd like to point out that you sound a bit aggravated, frustrated, and it looks like this is derailing the thread into some kind of shit storm." 

Try not playing "You guys are bias!" card due to people not considering filler valid, especially when it contradicts what's been said on panel and then try to run off the concept of "Different Writers! Why don't we just count the original creators work!" blah blah. 
Filler isn't canon, the films aren't canon, the Manga is, as it is the source material. If DBZ Kai or the original animated series had come out first and the manga was based off that, or if it was established that "No this is whats canon!" then I might think otherwise. 

"So to stop all this I hope we can act like grown ups and not play the internet forum game of the last person to get the last word in is right.  Take care let's just get back on topic. " 

Then feel free to take this little argument to PMs or don't bother responding. Because If you respond in this thread I will like wise.
Post by BattleHeiz (5,765 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@TheRedRose said:
@battleheiz:  Hey, do you have any proof that their universe is smaller than ours because it pretty much seems to be our universe, just another counterpart.
First of all their earth is much smaller and looks far more different than ours and second of all their space ships should be faster than light in order to travel from planet to planet this fast wich i pretty much doubt
@battleheiz said:

@TheRedRose said:

First of all their earth is much smaller and looks far more different than ours and second of all their space ships should be faster than light in order to travel from planet to planet this fast wich i pretty much doubt
Why was this responded to me ? Also do you have any proof that their earth is smaller than our, or that  their space ship isn't faster than light ? When its showed Kami's ship moving from earth to jupiter in seconds. Don't be like Hellos, and post assumptions, like Hinata was firing lasers out of her hand. Come on your better than that.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

How many times has the power of friendship or love amped an anime character to the level of power required to save the day?  

you know fanboyism can be really strong sometimes
@shonen said:
@battleheiz said:

@TheRedRose said:

Why was this responded to me ? Also do you have any proof that their earth is smaller than our, or that  their space ship isn't faster than light ? When its showed Kami's ship moving from earth to jupiter in seconds. Don't be like Hellos, and post assumptions, like Hinata was firing lasers out of her hand. Come on your better than that.
First, that is certainly very adult of you now isn't it. 
Second yeah, she totally isn't firing beams of light out of her hands in filler that she chops a swarm of insects to pieces with. 

Post by BattleHeiz (5,765 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@shonen said:
@battleheiz said:

@TheRedRose said:

I can prove it
Post by taichokage (15,462 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
@battleheiz said:
@shonen said:
@battleheiz said:

@TheRedRose said:

I can prove it
Really? Because I haven't seen anything that would suggest this. I could accept the universe being smaller, but the earth itself?
@Hellos you need to stop assuming this and do some research, and have respect for opinions. Your sort of obnoxious.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Chakra_Needle_Technique

Nothing outside of the Narutoverse, or special about the ability; people in naruto first arc could do stuff similar to this. No stupid laser beams. 

Anyways back on topic guys. Battleheiz If you can prove it go for it bro.
@taichokage said:
Really? Because I haven't seen anything that would suggest this. I could accept the universe being smaller, but the earth itself?
If you guys are referring to DBU Earth, yeah there as far as I can remember no indication of it being any smaller of Earth.  
Although outside size we could point fingers at a number of differences that have me confused as to how the heck did this and that happened, especially when you take into account the Moon being destroyed twice.
Post by marvelrules2011 (43 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Wonder woman got this
Post by TheManipulater (725 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I change my thesis, at this point i only know the first round..the second round is up in the air
@shonen said:
"@Hellos you need to stop assuming this and do some research, and have respect for opinions."
What exactly do I need to research?  
Everything after like episode 135 in Naruto was for the most part non-canon.

"Your sort of obnoxious.http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Chakra_Needle_Technique  Nothing outside of the Narutoverse, " 

It's only appearance was in filler, so yeah it is.  
But yeah I may be sort of obnoxious, but your definitely wrong, even in your research page it states it's anime only.

"or special about the ability; people in naruto first arc could do stuff similar to this." 

No one did what Hinata did to those insects in the first arc and the move itself is completely unique to the anime filler episode it appeared in, that is why it was never seen again. 
Stop kidding yourself. 

"No stupid laser beams. " 

Beams of light coming out of ones hand that she slices the insects in half with exceptional precision, sounds like a lazer to me. 

"Anyways back on topic guys. Battleheiz If you can prove it go for it bro." 

Bad argument remains a bad argument.
@Hellos said:
@shonen said:
"@Hellos you need to stop assuming this and do some research, and have respect for opinions."
What exactly do I need to research?  
Everything after like episode 135 in Naruto was for the most part non-canon.

"Your sort of obnoxious.http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Chakra_Needle_Technique  Nothing outside of the Narutoverse, " 

It's only appearance was in filler, so yeah it is.  
But yeah I may be sort of obnoxious, but your definitely wrong, even in your research page it states it's anime only.

"or special about the ability; people in naruto first arc could do stuff similar to this." 

No one did what Hinata did to those insects in the first arc and the move itself is completely unique to the anime filler episode it appeared in, that is why it was never seen again. 
Stop kidding yourself. 

"No stupid laser beams. " 

Beams of light coming out of ones hand that she slices the insects in half with exceptional precision, sounds like a lazer to me. 

"Anyways back on topic guys. Battleheiz If you can prove it go for it bro." 

Bad argument remains a bad argument.
Hello's who do you think wins and why?
@Hellos said:

@taichokage said:

If you guys are referring to DBU Earth, yeah there as far as I can remember no indication of it being any smaller of Earth.  Although outside size we could point fingers at a number of differences that have me confused as to how the heck did this and that happened, especially when you take into account the Moon being destroyed twice.
Hellos If you have't notice I'm done arguing with you for quite sometime; I don't think your viewpoints are right and everything you have said thus far have not convinced meYou don't read anything people right, and at this point only care about your view point as correct and no one elses.

Back on topic. If you really feel so strongly on this you should just create a thread than clog it up with dribble.
@shonen said:
@Hellos said:

@taichokage said:

If you guys are referring to DBU Earth, yeah there as far as I can remember no indication of it being any smaller of Earth.  Although outside size we could point fingers at a number of differences that have me confused as to how the heck did this and that happened, especially when you take into account the Moon being destroyed twice.
Hellos If you have't notice I'm done arguing with you for quite sometime; I don't think your viewpoints are right and everything you have said thus far have not convinced meYou don't read anything people right, and at this point only care about your view point as correct and no one elses.   Back on topic. If you really feel so strongly on this you should just create a thread than clog it up with dribble.
Unnecessary Words 
@TheManipulater If I don't say anything. He's just gonna keep on quoting and fill up the thread with garbage.
@shonen said:
@TheManipulater If I don't say anything. He's just gonna keep on quoting and fill up the thread with garbage.
He makes good points
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel