Goku Vs. Wonder Woman

Topic started by mavfan626 on June 16, 2011. Last post by SpeedForceSpider 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by taichokage (15,238 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@hitsusatsu11 said:
@taichokage said:
@fire_star: When Goku first learned it it enabled him to move exactly at the speed of light (so at the very least equal to Diana's rare maximum)   
??
I meant that Goku can travel at least as fast as Wonder Woman's top speed which is rarely used. But he is known to e faster than light. He traveled to planet Namek which is all the way in a different solar system.
Post by Susanoo (263 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Power Scaling ONLY WORKS if your debating about DBZ characters only. Use that as an excuse and text wall there. Against crossover battle threads, it's completely irrelevant. Why? Because it's now based on assumptions and speculation. I'm well aware Roshi destroyed the moon before at a pl of below 200. However, do you seriously know if you should multiply or add? Or even involve real life mass and density into the mix now? Power scaling only works in DBZ vs DBZ threads. Period. Other than this, It's like I said before, it's all assumptions and speculations from here on out. Unless you have a better explanation or arguement, we use this logic. Which actually works.

That being said, I can proceed to who I believe wins and why. 

Wonder Woman wins round 1. She is the best combatant in DC. This vastly seperates her from the other beings on the same teir such as Superman and Power Girl. Goku's fighting skills doesn't matter anymore when he faces beings like Frieza and such. Whom have no combat skills at all. She also has her golden lasso which she can use to do quite a bit of submission moves on Goku. Goku is a great h2h fighter only because of his superhuman attributes, not because of his skill. I've never seen him use techniques that involved grapple to judo to karate. In this case, his superhuman attributes won't help him here as Wonder Woman is physically superior. Her reaction speed is enough to react to Gokus strikes and she break his arm or leg with her fighting prowess. Has Goku ever demostrated such skills with martial arts involving these counters and grapples? No. Goku is arguebly around the strength level of 100-10,000 tons in lifting power. In terms of striking power, I'd estimate around Sentrys (Marvel) level. Wonder Woman is near Supermans level. Which is VASTLY above Sentry. I said it before and I'll say it again, Goku's martial arts prowess is credit to his superhuman attributes, Diana is above him physically so this completely takes this advantage away. Diana wins this round with little difficulty.

In round 2, despite there not being any speedblitzes, Wonder Womans reaction speed is on par with Supermans (Nanosecond) due to her superhuman attributes and warrior experience. She also caught professor Zoom before using her speed. However, Goku is massive hypersonic and has instant transmission. He also arguebly has energy attacks that can destroy whole planets due to power scaling logic. Since Dianas reaction speed is greater than Goku based on showings, then she can easily use her tiara and cut his throat with it like she did to Superman before Goku can plan his next move. My scenario? Match starts, bell dings, Diana makes the first move by throwing her tiara. Assuming Goku can react to this, he dodges it and blasts several energy blasts at Diana. She blocks it with her bracelets and they deflect off onto the land. If Goku attemps to h2h Diana, he'll leave with a broken arm and legs. If Goku attemps to use a Kamehameha, Diana will divert it with either her bracelets or preventing him from ever firing it off. Goku can use instant transmission during the long range battle with ki spamming and can land one behind Diana. However, her warrior experience and her superhuman attributes will allow her to notice this and to incapicitate Goku. Goku can win this but it's to a much lesser chance then Diana. 

This being said and explain, Diana wins both rounds. Round 1 with ease, and round 2 with moderate difficulty. Goku actually has a chance in round 2 however.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@taichokage: True, true, that IT = speed of light thing is just a funnimation dub error. In the anime/manga IT is always stated (and shown to be) instant. 
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I don't know why people are being held up in speed when the OP restricts the first round to H2H skill and the second to no speed blitz or BFR.
@Hellos
Only speedblitz, doesn't mean speed is negated overall.
Post by mavfan626 (94 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@susanoo: H2H skills only, as in they are both depowered.
Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@TheRedRose said:
@shonen: @mavfan626: To be honest I think Goku's FTL, people in cases like being assholes and like calling DBZ fans wankers because they state he's FTL. So they make up massively hyersonic which clearly makes no sense for a guy who's dodged beams FTL and has shot opponents across the solar system into the sun in mere seconds. I mean for real, everyone like hating on DBZ.
True that. 
One example I can give is everybody accepts the Pokedex statements at face value(even when contradictory;they call you to get a mental checkup for not accepting their so-called-proof) but everyone downplays DBZ like it is Hitler's spawn itself.
On that matter, certain fictional series tend to get away easily but some are more hard pressed than others like most popular shonen series. I'm guessing it's something to with both popularity of the series and FANBOYS.

THE PROCESS
The whole hatred part comes from people sick of fanboys making exaggerated claims like 'Goku WAS MEANT to be the most powerful fictional character EVAR!!! so he cannot lose!' so they get pissed off. When they get pissed off, they start watching/reading the series for the sole purpose of finding contradictions and after this research, whenever a soul brings up X feat from DBZ, they begin their attack! They are ready, with scans on hard disk to disprove all those claims, even if it were from the author itself.  So, in the process poor Goku and the series get fodderized. Blame the fans for the murder of your fiction!

Sorta like those religious debates if you ever had one.

Finally, it's nice to see that, for once in a while, this thread has been spared from suffering the same fate as any other DBZ vs Comic-character thread. I also see people from both sides(who are usually at each other's throats in these kind of threads) take this calmly. 

I hope this continues....

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Round one I believe will go to Diana since it is hand to hand skills only which implies that they are both depowered. Goku is a gifted fighter no doubt about it, but I don't think he's at Diana's level. Diana is one of the best fighters in the DC Universe, and even Batman (I believe he is a better fighter than Goku) once stated that Diana is the best melee fighter in the world. Batman himself is incredibly arrogant when it comes to his own hand to hand skills, for him to actually admit that Diana is indeed the best is a claim that one shouldn't take lightly. I don't think it will be an easy fight, but I think Diana would win. 

The second round's conditions are "No BFR and no speed blitzing". That being said, Goku should win. While Diana is physically stronger than him, I don't think that her speed will be enough for her to compete with Goku's IT which has allowed the Saiyan to move from solar system to solar system in mere seconds, this is a speed feat better than anything Diana's ever done. And even though the OP says that speed blitzing is not allowed, it doesn't mean that speed is negated. With IT, Goku can dodge every single attack that Diana uses while he bombards her with powerful energy blasts. A Warp Kamehameha would also do Diana in.  

ND
Post by StargunZX (476 posts) See mini bio Level 10
With all the feats from the anime and movies Goku wins in a stomp.
Post by shonen (846 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@StargunZX said:

My response.

@hitsusatsu11 said:
There is an interview saying the characters get FTL, but i cannot authenticate it. 
http://jamesanelson45.blogspot.com/2008/06/super-otaku-magazine-is-false-and-fan.html

''Nirazaki: There have been many changes since the Saiya-jins came to earth. Do you ever think about the progress?

Toriyama-san: Yes I do. Doragonboru has come a long way. They went from running at super speed to moving at the speed of light! (Laughs)''

That one is listed as a fake interview.
Post by shonen (846 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@StargunZX said:
@hitsusatsu11 said:
There is an interview saying the characters get FTL, but i cannot authenticate it. 
http://jamesanelson45.blogspot.com/2008/06/super-otaku-magazine-is-false-and-fan.html

''Nirazaki: There have been many changes since the Saiya-jins came to earth. Do you ever think about the progress?

Toriyama-san: Yes I do. Doragonboru has come a long way. They went from running at super speed to moving at the speed of light! (Laughs)''
 That one is listed as a fake interview.
Doesn't it even say in the html otaku-magazine-is false and fan. and my response to you to is the same video as above. Can you answer please.
@shonen said:

@StargunZX said:

My response.

Non-canon Dragon Ball is pretty overpowered if you ask me. Even at the beginning of Z we see Vegeta casually blowing up a planet and in a flashback scene his father who was even weaker destroyed a planet along with two planetoids again with a casual blast. By powerscalling anime Ssj 3 Goku should be at least multi star system buster given that he is on the same tier as Kid Buu who has destroyed an entire galaxy in an unspecified amount of time.
Post by MisterShin (2,127 posts) See mini bio Level 14
IMO Goku Movie feats easily suggest he is FTL 

Beams: 
FTL Kamehameha, Goku fired Coola into the Sun from Earth.  
Light takes 8mins to travel between Sun & Earth. 
Same happens again against Broly 

Instantaneous Battle: 
Instant Teleporting Battle against Metal Coola 
FTL Reactions were everywhere in the battle, with countering/parrying. 

Strength: 
Goku does not pull planets, but he does pack a punch. 
He has split a mountain with his strength. 
Slowed a stupidly large size of Earth thrown at him by Freiza. 
His Strength exceeds Cell, who Slowed a large Asteroid and destroyed it with his strength.

H2H: 
Goku has been a warrior from birth. 
When he landed on Earth, he was trained in the Martial Arts by: 
Grandpa Gohan, Master Roshi, Kami. 
Later he was trained by the Lord of the North Worlds, King Kai in the Art of Kaioken. 
Goku has since developed his own fighting styles and original techniques. 
Having attended many World Martial Arts Tournaments, he has gone up against some of the greatest martial artist Earth has to offer. 

Techniques: 
Taiyoken, Kienzan, Kamehameha variations, IT, Kaioken, Spirit Bomb, Dragon Fist, Afterimage Projection, JankenRound 1: 
In H2H, i believe Goku still poses the qualities that can give him a win, in this battle.  
Using Techniques like Taiyoken, IT, Afterimage Projection. He can create opening to really deal some damage, and ultimately end with an epic Dragon Fist. 
This could go either way.
I putting a Tie, just for now.     
(Newdeath thinks Diana is potentially the best martial artist in DC, she exceeds Batman in this field anyway)

Round 2: 
Pretty much the same as above, although Goku can use his devastating energy projection (Kienzan, K-waves).  
An onslaught of Teleportation and  Energy Projection would overwhelm Diana.

@mavfan626: This is a good match-up
@MisterShin said:

IMO Goku Movie feats easily suggest he is FTL 

Beams: 
FTL Kamehameha, Goku fired Coola into the Sun from Earth.  
Light takes 8mins to travel between Sun & Earth. 
Same happens again against Broly 

Instantaneous Battle: 
Instant Teleporting Battle against Metal Coola 
FTL Reactions were everywhere in the battle, with countering/parrying. 

Strength: 
Goku does not pull planets, but he does pack a punch. 
He has split a mountain with his strength. 
Slowed a stupidly large size of Earth thrown at him by Freiza. 
His Strength exceeds Cell, who Slowed a large Asteroid and destroyed it with his strength.

H2H: 
Goku has been a warrior from birth. 
When he landed on Earth, he was trained in the Martial Arts by: 
Grandpa Gohan, Master Roshi, Kami. 
Later he was trained by the Lord of the North Worlds, King Kai in the Art of Kaioken. 
Goku has since developed his own fighting styles and original techniques. 
Having attended many World Martial Arts Tournaments, he has gone up against some of the greatest martial artist Earth has to offer. 

Techniques: 
Taiyoken, Kienzan, Kamehameha variations, IT, Kaioken, Spirit Bomb, Dragon Fist, Afterimage Projection, JankenRound 1: 
In H2H, i believe Goku still poses the qualities that can give him a win, in this battle.  
Using Techniques like Taiyoken, IT, Afterimage Projection. He can create opening to really deal some damage, and ultimately end with an epic Dragon Fist. 
This could go either way.
I putting a Tie, just for now.     
(Newdeath thinks Diana is potentially the best martial artist in DC, she exceeds Batman in this field anyway)

Round 2: 
Pretty much the same as above, although Goku can use his devastating energy projection (Kienzan, K-waves).  
An onslaught of Teleportation and  Energy Projection would overwhelm Diana.

@mavfan626: This is a good match-up

For the instantaneous battle, they were obviously fighting within a different dimension because all they were really doing is fance "teleporting". However, I believe he potentially has ftl reaction speed based on those as well. Wonder Woman is the best martial artist in DC actually. Her fighting skills made her punked characters like Power Girl with ease. Goku's techniques will only delay and buy him time. He's still just massively hypersonic based on showings and not lightspeed like Diana is. I believe he can win the 2nd round with solar flare (ASSUMING this might work on someone who was near the sun), afterimage, and kamehamehas (without wording ofc) however. What still puts Diana above Goku is her physical superiority and her lasso. Her experience as a warrior will allow her to never underestimate and predict the possible next move and map out Goku's powers and techniques. With her speed, she can hang around for a while to observe and counter. Like I said, the second round is incredibly hard to figure who wins.  

@StargunZX: 
I'm very well aware of what they did. However, power scaling doesn't work against comics. Whom debates using feats, not assumptions nor speculations. Also, Goku can't survive in a vacuum, Wonder Woman can. If he does decide to destroy Namek (Which goes against his character), then he's suiciding himself. Using the power scaling logic, Goku in SS3 might be able to bust multiple solar systems actually. However, this is again, based on speculation and assumptions. Why is it multiplication? Can it simply just be addition? Can other factors like Vacuum take place? Can mass and density have a say? What about Gravity and Electromagnetism? Time and space? Kid Buu destroyed an entire galaxy by destroying worlds and using his IT to teleport world to world, it's not like the entire galaxy disappeared from existence. If this were the case, his fight with SS3 Goku would've been entirely different.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Why are people using movie feats for goku? they are non cannon and dont count for sh*t. However, im now convinced that Goku is FTL and that he can beat WW
@Haofan123 said:

Why are people using movie feats for goku? they are non cannon and dont count for sh*t. However, im now convinced that Goku is FTL and that he can beat WW

I'm still not convinced he is. He's massive hypersonic and has IT to practically teleport once he locks on to an energy signature. Wonder Womans reaction speed is on par with Supermans nanosecond reaction speed because of her attributes and her experience. She can win round 1. It's round 2 I'm really unsure about.
Post by All_StarSupes (781 posts) See mini bio Level 10
After reading the OP I'm going with Goku in round 1 as I believe he has a larger base of skills. For the person who said WW is the best combatant in DC, if she's powered down to human level her skills put her no where near the top of the DC rankings. In the second because your including movies I'm also going with Goku. Against Meta Cooler he was able to use IT without having to think about it, so that gives him an edge plus he was taking punches from Hirudegarn which had the power to level city blocks.
@all_starsupes said:

After reading the OP I'm going with Goku in round 1 as I believe he has a larger base of skills. For the person who said WW is the best combatant in DC, if she's powered down to human level her skills put her no where near the top of the DC rankings. In the second because your including movies I'm also going with Goku. Against Meta Cooler he was able to use IT without having to think about it, so that gives him an edge plus he was taking punches from Hirudegarn which had the power to level city blocks.

More than 2 of us have said that. Wonder Womans fighting skills and experience allows her to contend with Superman and easily punk Power girl. Goku's fighting skills haven't shown me anything to suggest that he's even gifted. All he has is his superhuman physical attributes with aided him in his fighting, not skill. Wonder Woman can react at nanosecond speeds and can potentially destroy cities with her strength, speed, and flight.
Post by MisterShin (2,127 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Haofan123 said:
Look at the rules, Movies are used for this match. 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel