Goku Vs. Wonder Woman

Topic started by mavfan626 on June 16, 2011. Last post by SpeedForceSpider 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@shonen
I think so, Superman hasn't shown that much to pair up with Wonder Woman except going in front of the Sun, that's all I have to say.
Post by shonen (846 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@TheRedRose said:

@shonen: I think so, Superman hasn't shown that much to pair up with Wonder Woman except going in front of the Sun, that's all I have to say.

Personally I think this whole hypersonic rumor started from them naming one of video game "DBZ: Supersonic warriors", and a misinterpretation of Gotenk scan in manga when he was travelling around the world. Also when has combat speed= Travel Speed, in all medias ?
Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@shonen
I can believe their combat speed is probably massively hypersonic, but in cases like when Goku escaped Frieza's Light Orb (which was a mere flash of light that captured opponents) this come to show that Goku dodged light. I mean, I'm just being honest, I think DBZ are FTL in some cases. However Massively Hypersonic I find to be stupid, they should at least be considered to move at a relativistic rate (Close to light speed)
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,746 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Goku wins, and yes including anime and movies he is massively FTL in combat/attack speed. Examples are his firing a kamehameha into the sun in seconds, and dodging incoming asteroids while hanging from a space ship going hundreds of times FTL.   

Heres more info on their manga speed as well: http://www.animevice.com/forums/general-discussion/1/how-fast-are-dbz-characters/314493/

Allowing movies there's nothing to stop Son Goku from fighting the entire battle instantly as in "Dragon Ball Z: Clash!! 10,000,000,000 Powerful Warriors" via shunkan ido, or using a ryu ken.  

I'd say Goku has demonstrated the faster and more consistent high level martial arts, and going all out he has more than the necessary capability to KO her with a powerful energy blast. 

Even in the power of strikes we've seen WW is certainly not outclassing Goku, for example here is early Namek Saga Goku kicking freeza clean through island mountains

And here the punch from a ssj level 3 seems to outclass a superman level punch that hurt WW 

Above we see the impact from Gotenks smash creates a crater comparable to a meteor strike, and Gotenks is basically just fooling around. Below we see a Bloodlusted supes punch WW from beyond orbit to the ground. Because she travels through orbit, her impact is increased due to velocity and gravity, but still the impact is much smaller than Gotenks'.

Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11

cmon hitsusatsu pick a differnt winner this time!
@SSJjanemba: Your posts seem to be getting more and more un constructive as time go's by. And I won't pick WW because she is not as powerful as Goku, goku could simply pepper her with blasts more powerful than planet busting and supposed solar busting.  

Also I just finished reading Marvel vs DC where Storm beat up WW, so I'm down on her right now :(
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@hitsusatsu11 said:
@SSJjanemba: Your posts seem to be getting more and more un constructive as time go's by. And I won't pick WW because she is not as powerful as Goku, goku could simply pepper her with blasts more powerful than planet busting and supposed solar busting.   Also I just finished reading Marvel vs DC where Storm beat up WW, so I'm down on her right now :(
That issue isn't canon, of course. That was purely fan-voted, you know.
Post by taichokage (13,013 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Goku wins. Even if he is physically weaker, his blasts rival the power of Wonder Woman's strikes. He can move faster than her with shunkan ido and his reaction time feats are superior as well. The only category Wonder Woman is ahead in is probably sheer strength and maybe durability.
@taichokage: How is Goku faster ?
@fire_star: Yes I did know, still doesn't change the fact that Logan beating up Lobo or Venom holding his own against Supes (that one wasn't voted on, its from a follow up series) isn't badass. 
Post by mavfan626 (94 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@hitsusatsu11 said:

@fire_star: Yes I did know, still doesn't change the fact that Logan beating up Lobo or Venom holding his own against Supes (that one wasn't voted on, its from a follow up series) isn't badass. 

Well if were taking low end feats, what when Krillin throw a rock a Goku.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,247 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@hitsusatsu11:

Heres more info on their manga speed as well: http://www.animevice.com/forums/general-discussion/1/how-fast-are-dbz-characters/314493/

Akira-sama haven't said anything about there speed so its fanon. Until he said they can go at that speed, then they are just near light speed to me

Goku wins

@mavfan626: I don't understand who a comedic sentence marked with a ;( can be take so very out of context, while my serious post and argument is ignored. Of course WW should wreck Storm. (although getting slightly hurt by a rock is better than gettin beat outright) 

@Destinyheroknight:  

Akira-sama haven't said anything about there speed so its fanon. Until he said they can go at that speed, then they are just near light speed to me

This makes no sense, if we go by this then they have no speed, since A.T gave no number, save faster than lightning for kid goku 
There is an interview saying the characters get FTL, but i cannot authenticate it. 

@hitsusatsu11:

He also gave breaking the sound barrier speed, I believe they fast but not that FTL. So unless you have proof that I believe or a interview with him (and I already look at the speed thread) until then they are just near light speed to me

@Destinyheroknight: So statements in the manga written by A.T are proof for you?  
Or Daiz. statements?
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Does current retconned-WW even have any hand to hand feats? 
(the Retcon of the retcon before the Flash Point retcon, oh dear god
Also one wonders what OP means when he says comics and movies version, because those are essentially completely different characters.
Post by mavfan626 (94 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@hitsusatsu11: I just don't understand why you had to bring it up in the first place and as for your argument. Superman hit Wonder Woman into Space and then the gravity of earth pulled her back down, so the crater was not made by Superman but by the earths gravity. Goku and Gotenks both made a crater by hit them towards the earth, therefor creating a bigger crater. So the comparison of craters can not be used to measure each others strength or durability.    
@Hellos: OP stated Pre-Retconned.

@hitsusatsu11:

Did they even said they are FTL or any speeds (I would like to know, moon thing doesn't proof anything to me)

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@fire_star said:
@Hellos: OP stated Pre-Retconned.

Not in the OP as far as I can see.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel