Goku vs superskrull

Topic started by Agent9149 on June 3, 2011. Last post by SilverGalford 3 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@MisterShin said:
@Hellos:  An attack does not have to destroy a planet, for it to have planet destroying power.  E.g. Saint Seiya 

Considering I know next to nothing about Saint Seiya, better examples are found throughout fiction. 
The problem is the Spirit Bomb hasn't done anything close, while the other examples coming to mind have shown the blasting power to destroy planets, yet control over said energy to hardly destroy a side walk with the same casaul blast. 

As far as I know no matter how much energy puts in Spirit Bomb, it will never bust a planet.

@Newdeath said:
@Hellos: Goku doesn't have to blow up the planet to use a planet-busting attack. And even what SSJ4 Goku lifted is still better than anything Super Skrull's ever done in terms of strength. So what if there's Nova or the bubbles? Super Skrull is not fast enough to use any of those before Goku blitzes him or uses a Warp Kamehameha (an attack that even Perfect Cell couldn't evade). If SSJ4 Goku decides to spam multi-planet busting energy blasts then the Skrull will be killed. The Skrull has abilities that can defeat Goku but there will be no time for him to access them when he's being blitzed or BFR'ed by a vastly faster opponent.  ND

If it doesn't destroy the planet, then it isn't much of a planet buster.  
Everytime someone actually charges up an attack with anything close to that kind of power the entire cast has a panic attack for a reason. 
I didn't say it wasn't, just that saying he lifted a city seems like an incredible exaggeration of his one good lifting feat in his entire career. 
Goku would never spam multi planet busting attacks, he hardly ever charges one up period. That and Goku isn't intelligent enough to implement BFR. 

If Goku wins for anything it's going to be due to speed to avoid Superskrull from actually able to fight back.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Hellos: I disagree. Goku has the kind of power to spam multiple planet-busting energy blasts. He doesn't have to destroy a planet to use the attacks.  
Of course the entire cast panics, there's always the chance that the planet could be destroyed. If a character as weak as Frieza could destroy a planet, SSJ3 Goku should be able to do it effortlessly.  

Goku's not intelligent enough? He is a a gifted fighter, I'm sure he can conduct such a strategy. He may be an idiot but in terms of fighting he is far from it.  

Goku wins due to many factors. Not just speed. 

ND
@Newdeath said:
@Hellos: I disagree. Goku has the kind of power to spam multiple planet-busting energy blasts. He doesn't have to destroy a planet to use the attacks.  Of course the entire cast panics, there's always the chance that the planet could be destroyed. If a character as weak as Frieza could destroy a planet, SSJ3 Goku should be able to do it effortlessly.   Goku's not intelligent enough? He is a a gifted fighter, I'm sure he can conduct such a strategy. He may be an idiot but in terms of fighting he is far from it.   Goku wins due to many factors. Not just speed.  ND

Thats fine to disagree, but until he does anything remotely close I can't buy it. Everytime any sort of mention of a possible attack that may or may not destroy the planet is fired by a character, Goku and friends freak out.  
Thats one of the most consistent themes in DBU that despite their blasting power to destroy a planet, they can still die from said attacks from the start of DBZ to it's end.  
Even Kid Buu was blown to bits by his own attack on Earth and regenerated, thats the only reason he even fired it to begin with. 
Frieza's only showing of doing such involved blowing up the core and a 5 minute wait, outside that he destroyed Planet Vegeta someway or another. 

Difference between being a gifted fighter and being intelligent enough to ever use the Instant Transmission as a method of BFR.  
As far as the DBU is concerned the closest we've seen to BFR was Goku's IT to King Kai's planet with Cell that resulted in him sitting there and killing them all.  
Now if he had just teleported Cell into orbit and then teleported back, he would have pulled it off, not quite. 

Speed is the only reason that Super Skrull gets stomped, because outside of it he should be capable of putting up somewhat of a fight and plausibly put Goku down.
@Hellos: I severely doubt that. Even if they freak out, it doesn't disprove anything. Goku can still vaporize the skrull who's durbality isn't impressive. I'm sure Goku himself could survive a planet-busting attack since a much weaker and near-death Frieza survived a planet exploding at blank point range. SSJ2 or SSJ3 Goku is incalculably more powerful. It'll take much more than that to defeat him. His only problem is that he cannot survive without air in space. Goku will be able to spam planet-busting energy blasts because the fight takes place on an eternal flat Earth that is indestructible. He's at no risk of blowing the Earth up in this scenario.  

Goku wins because he is also physically stronger. 85 tons is hardly anything. Bringing up the 40 tons incident doesn't really prove anything.  

He's smart enough to use it. He's a brilliant fighter and battle tactician. He has used clever strategies before, even in Dragon Ball when he was a child. I'm sure he's fully capable of using IT to BFR the Skrull. And he doesn't even need to. A Warp Kamehameha will do the job. He wins because of many reasons, not just speed.   

Super Skrull can't put up a fight unless he goes Super Nova or uses the bubbles. Physically he's a joke, and he's not fast enough to tag Goku who can blitz him before he realizes it.  

Anyway this is pointless. Goku wins anyway. 

ND
Post by embrace_death (4 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@Newdeath said:
@Hellos: I severely doubt that. Even if they freak out, it doesn't disprove anything. Goku can still vaporize the skrull who's durbality isn't impressive. I'm sure Goku himself could survive a planet-busting attack since a much weaker and near-death Frieza survived a planet exploding at blank point range. SSJ2 or SSJ3 Goku is incalculably more powerful. It'll take much more than that to defeat him. His only problem is that he cannot survive without air in space. Goku will be able to spam planet-busting energy blasts because the fight takes place on an eternal flat Earth that is indestructible. He's at no risk of blowing the Earth up in this scenario.   Goku wins because he is also physically stronger. 85 tons is hardly anything. Bringing up the 40 tons incident doesn't really prove anything.   He's smart enough to use it. He's a brilliant fighter and battle tactician. He has used clever strategies before, even in Dragon Ball when he was a child. I'm sure he's fully capable of using IT to BFR the Skrull. And he doesn't even need to. A Warp Kamehameha will do the job. He wins because of many reasons, not just speed.    Super Skrull can't put up a fight unless he goes Super Nova or uses the bubbles. Physically he's a joke, and he's not fast enough to tag Goku who can blitz him before he realizes it.   Anyway this is pointless. Goku wins anyway.  ND
Thats how he does it.
@Newdeath said:
@Hellos: I severely doubt that. Even if they freak out, it doesn't disprove anything. Goku can still vaporize the skrull who's durbality isn't impressive. I'm sure Goku himself could survive a planet-busting attack since a much weaker and near-death Frieza survived a planet exploding at blank point range. SSJ2 or SSJ3 Goku is incalculably more powerful. It'll take much more than that to defeat him. His only problem is that he cannot survive without air in space. Goku will be able to spam planet-busting energy blasts because the fight takes place on an eternal flat Earth that is indestructible. He's at no risk of blowing the Earth up in this scenario.   Goku wins because he is also physically stronger. 85 tons is hardly anything. Bringing up the 40 tons incident doesn't really prove anything.   He's smart enough to use it. He's a brilliant fighter and battle tactician. He has used clever strategies before, even in Dragon Ball when he was a child. I'm sure he's fully capable of using IT to BFR the Skrull. And he doesn't even need to. A Warp Kamehameha will do the job. He wins because of many reasons, not just speed.    Super Skrull can't put up a fight unless he goes Super Nova or uses the bubbles. Physically he's a joke, and he's not fast enough to tag Goku who can blitz him before he realizes it.   Anyway this is pointless. Goku wins anyway.  ND

They freak out because they hardly ever use that kind of power behind their attacks, ever. Super Skrull has some decent durability, but true I wouldn't rule out vaporizing Skrull. Well thus far, even when becoming incredibly more powerful than Frieza, he was still dieing and having panic attacks when they were fired, so evidence seems to speak otherwise. We don't know the distance of Frieza to Namek, muchless how much of that explosion he did tank anyways, regardless he was near death after having his head blown in half by said explosion.
He won't, because he never does. Regardless of knowing whether or not the flat earth they are fighting on is indestructable or not. Not having Morals won't make Goku vaporize himself with is own explosive attacks. 
33 tons, not 40 and I didn't bring that up in the previous response, muchless did I disagree that he isn't physically more powerful than SSkrull, it's debatable if that will really phase the character, but thats not what I'd argue for Skrull or Goku. 
Smart enough to use it, but not smart enough to use it for BFR, pointing out he's a gifted fighter and the like doesn't stop the fact he hasn't and never will use it for BFR. 
Speed is the reason that he doesn't get hit with a Nova and killed from a moraless Super Skrull, because of said speed he beats Super Skrull down or blows him to bits.
@Hellos: Speed, power and massive energy projection are the reasons why Goku wins. There's no point in arguing since the winner is already decided. 

ND
@Newdeath said:
@Hellos: Speed, power and massive energy projection are the reasons why Goku wins. There's no point in arguing since the winner is already decided.  ND

I disagree, because despite the loose term of the use of "power" and massive energy projection, speed is the main reason he doesn't get hit with a Nova, which would kill him.
@Hellos: You're free to disagree, I believe he wins because of those three factors. Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that Goku still wins. 

ND
Post by MisterShin (2,125 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Hellos:  
Goku tanks multiple Kamehameha's (I counted 7 in image) 
Post by comicfanforever (448 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Goku played with two people with capabilities to destroy multi-planets in his base form (and one of them proclaimed the capacity to destroy a solar system - Frieza and Cell). DB GT episode 42. As Goku was in trouble when he moves great buildings intact (40,000 to 50,000 tons with dozens of floors in his base form - Dragon Ball Gt - ep 52). And the transformation of Super Saiyan-jin 3 gives the user a power-up to 400 times bigger compared to the base form (he got the capacity to move (only-SS3) the minimum of 20 million tons) and Goku in his transformation in SS4 is infinitely more powerful than SS3 (since the transformation of a Super Saiyan 3 Goku did virtually nothing against Baby Vegeta and Goku completely dominated the fight against Baby Vegeta with the Super Saiyan 4 (before the transformation into Oozaru)). 
Goku destroys Super Krull with sheer brute force and only one blow is enough.
@MisterShin
Your point?
Post by embrace_death (4 posts) See mini bio Level 3

Newdeath has changed both our minds with his use of fact's and research.
Post by TheManipulater (725 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Newdeath has changed both our minds with his use of fact's and research.
@Hellos said:
@MisterShin: Your point?
Goku can tank what he dishes out, even when under high gravity. Thats all.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

speed is the main reason he doesn't get hit with a Nova, which would kill him. 

and

Goku can tank what he dishes out,

both are different things.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Newdeath

Durability is also a factor. Super Skrull is not impressively durable. Frieza (who is weaker than even an untrained SSJ Goku) while severely injured and possibly in a near-death state, managed to survive an entire planet exploding at blank point range.

Precisely, Freeza took a huge beating from Goku, was drained of energy and cut in half. Then Goku seemingly obliterated him: 

Yet after that the planet explodes but still fails to completely vaporize him 

Seeing how he was already as good as dead, and still managed to survive a planet's explosion (and indeed at full power he wasn't really concerned about the planet exploding) we can safely conclude that Freeza can survive planetbusting magnitude.  

If that weren't enough Freeza kicked away an energy blast by Vegeta which was said to be able to destroy the planet, as well as directly tanking the full force of a full power kaioken kamehameha from Goku-which is obviously much more powerful than the moonbusting kamehameha from Roshi, and a claimed planet destroying beam from saiyan saga vegeta.  

Then we have the genki dama, the daizenshu confirms that a genki dama made on earth has enough force to "certainly destroy a planet"  

And Freeza directly tanks the force from a much larger (miles wide IIRC), more powerful genki dama made from the genki of namek plus all the surrounding planets, plus the star of the solar system.  

"terrible energy it involves could destroy the plant" 
"terrible energy it involves could destroy the plant" 
That's pretty indisputable in terms of durability showings. 
@SilverGalford:  
Since when was I referring to that comment?
@MisterShin said:
@Hellos said:
@MisterShin: Your point?
Goku can tank what he dishes out, even when under high gravity. Thats all.

Depends entirely on what he is dishing out to be honest. I would have my doubts of him firing multiple full powered blasts in a space ship in space where any accident could !@#$ him over.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Since when was I referring to that comment? 

tanking those ki blasts doesn't mean Goku can tank a planet busting power.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel