Goku vs Superman - THE DEATHBATTLE THREAD & Don’s Opinion

Topic started by Donwun on Dec. 18, 2012. Last post by Sonata 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I think DB crashed or something. No vids. No posts. Everything's gone. Dunno if they're just screwing with us.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,070 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Yeah I saw that. Apparently the site is having issues and SA won't be able to put the vid up tonight.
Post by LordTerminal (65 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@Destinyheroknight said:

Ha! Love the reference to the Batman vs. Spider-Man fight. I wonder if Team Four Star is going to do something similar for Goku. (Then again, they didn't really make any big teasers for Vegeta vs. Shadow)

Vegeta vs Shadow was just so blatantly obvious though.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,632 posts) See mini bio Level 15

The only death battle fight I really enjoyed was the Spider-Man vs Batman. Terrible mismatch, but a good fight.

wasn't really a mismatch. Batman has martial skill. Spider-Man has super-human agility. Batman has a shit-ton of gadgets for damn near everything. Spider-Man has his Spider-Sense and Web Shooters. Sure, Peter is physically stronger, but bats has super-tough body armor. They key thing for the fight was the fact they were both rather brilliant people. Bats has taken out people with powers, and Spidey has taken out guys with stockpile of gadgets. It was a pretty good fight overall.

Akuma vs Shang Tsung was a mis-match. Honestly, Akuma could kill him with like one punch if he wanted to. But still, they make the fights quite entertaining.
Post by mypasswordis1234 (196 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Supreme Marvel:

"I was brining up why Spider-Man would lose to Goku." - Of course, but I just said according to those who believe that 40t feat wasn't a PIS, Goku physically weaker than Spiderman.

"That's real life mate. In comics lifiting strength usually translate to punching strength." Unless they said otherwise then we don't have to believe in a nonsense like that. Superman hitted by Hawkman with some gauntlet that get the power from the Earth's core or what, that was debatable that strong, or close, but Supergirl's punch is no. Speculation with logic=ok. Speculation without logic because it's a comic=not ok.

"Well if are 21/22 than act like it and show some fucking resepct. I was actually trying to be firendly about the mistake you made. If you want it that way, I won't show you any respect." I didn't make a mistake, that dude wrote Superman 663. Name-number. Superman 52 is a version. Name-number. Just a misunderstood.

"What the hell are you talking about here mate? New 52 is not that old? You mean the universe? Superman in the 52? Are you high when you type?" You doing it wrong. Being disrespectful doesn't mean you should write with the intend to write BS. I was just honest. You really arguing for Goku 40ton case, just as I said. You said that "Batman dodged beams too" thing IIRC, as I mentioned. You said that you don't take the science of DB seriously so the density of rock doesn't convince you. The bad arguments I brought up, not only you, but you said those things almost all. It's happened, not my fault if you don't like it.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,632 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@ReiKai: Yeah sure if it was morals on for Spider-Man. But Spider-Man can hit with 10+ ton force as you seen with that final kick. Not to mention with that super speed you mentioned, Batman hitting him was BS. If you think that fight wasn't a mismatch I'm speechless.

And I forgot to mention the Thor and Raiden one. Thor was too powerful for him.

Post by Supreme Marvel (4,966 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@mypasswordis1234: When you write things, you don't make it clear. I've had to re read what you say a number of times. Just to have some clear idea what you're saying. You didn't give off that someone else said it was PIS. You implied you debated her, that it was PIS. That sounded like you were saying it.

As I said before, PIS for Superman because of multiple writers for him. Not PIS for Dragon Ball if written by the creator.

capable of shattering planets
capable of shattering planets

You said "616 Superman". How am I meant to get Action Comics 663 from you saying 616 Superman. I can't read minds. 616 is VERY well known for being the main universe of Marvel. So yes, you did do something wrong. When I was friendly about it, waving it away like we all make mistakes. You just said "whatever" like a snotty teengers. That was the lack of respect. Unless it's an apology in the next reply, I'm never gonna respond to you again.

Hope you have a good Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,457 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@SpeedForceSpider: The Harry Potter was Luke Skywalker was a mismatch IMO. Harry's no where near as good in the movies or the books as he was in that fight. But yeah the Raiden vs Thor was a big mismatch too.

Post by mypasswordis1234 (196 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Supreme Marvel: I hate christmas but thx, same wishes for you.

What should have I reply for the 663 action comics part? I never acted like I remember perfectly. And the exact version thing is not the main argument. That's why I said whatever, it isn't changing anything what I said. Not include the correct version part, I was right with my main thought. And that just being ignored again. To make it clear, previously written by me:

"Then the Supe fan said I downplaying(lowballing). Then I said to prove it and he shown PC Supe feats. Even when the OP said new 52 version."

" I haven't seen a new52 durability feat then, but pre-new 52 is close to him. Closer than PC Supe or 1991 version 616/whatever 21 year old/ Superman."

" You didn't give off that someone else said it was PIS. You implied you debated her, that it was PIS. That sounded like you were saying it." Make it clear too. I say that was PIS... those who said not pis are wrong, period.

About the scan.

Post by LordTerminal (65 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@ohgodwhy said:

@SpeedForceSpider: The Harry Potter was Luke Skywalker was a mismatch IMO. Harry's no where near as good in the movies or the books as he was in that fight. But yeah the Raiden vs Thor was a big mismatch too.

Well keep in mind they do allow fans to post ideas for match ups and Raiden vs. Thor was one such suggestion. So you really can't blame them for giving the fans what they want in those regards.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,457 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@LordTerminal: I'm not really complaining, just making an observation that's all.

Post by shakyric_lawson (64 posts) See mini bio Level 6

How so?

Post by shakyric_lawson (64 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@RaiKai

How so, and by that I mean... in what way was it obvious?

Post by waybig1010101 (1,763 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Post by xlab3000 (1,284 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Supreme Marvel: the reason i said that is because i used the obd feats but i found out that they have been downplaying fictional characters

Post by xlab3000 (1,284 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@DBZ_universe: the reason i said that is because i used the obd feats but i found out that they have been downplaying fictional characters

Post by Supreme Marvel (4,966 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@xlab3000: Sorry dude. I was only joking with my post. I'm sarcastic. :D

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel