Goku vs Superman - THE DEATHBATTLE THREAD & Don’s Opinion

Topic started by Donwun on Dec. 18, 2012. Last post by Sonata 1 year, 7 months ago.
Post by Supreme Marvel (5,109 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@eddz99 said:

@mypasswordis1234: Goku can beat TOAA :3

I literally LMAO at that reply.

F**king GEEEENIUS!

Post by GrayWolf2 (314 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Oh joy of joys Another Superman vs Goku video. This will solve everything right? No it won't? Oh well, at least it accomplished nothing. Still I've seen a lot these videos and the Wizard the magazine thing and I've got one thing to say: While I own hundreds of Superman comics and all of dragonball and really don't care it would be nice to see Supes win it for once. Whether or not I agree with that outcome means little I just think it wouldn't be terrible if he won it one time.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,730 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DBZ_universe:

Post by mypasswordis1234 (196 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I read the prediction, Supe will win. I mean, they will make Supe win.

But his logic is... well decide it yourself:

(Superman)"So if he is so powerful why doesn’t he show it all the time. Two reasons. First, would you be interested in buying a comic where there is literally nothing that can stop the main character? If you said yes, we have a bunch of fan fictions for you Mary Sue lovers. The other reason is best explained in Justice League Unlimited ."

So he basically said only the high-end feats will be valid and let just ignore he can catched and beat by weaker metahumans or similar.... while he thinks the sun's heat can damage them.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,661 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@MarioRedfield:

Post by All_StarSupes (770 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Superman has been around for more than 80 years, so of course he has plenty of low end feats. But in a fight you're supposed to take both fighters at their respective peaks. Current Supes is capable of bench pressing the entire planet without breaking a sweat. And whilst Goku can bust planets with ease, he can't match Supes speed, strength or durability.

@All_StarSupes: 74 years to be exact.

Post by IronHerc (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3

This topic will never end even after deathbattle. It will be the forever conflict between the DBZ fanboys and anime fans who have only slight knowledge of what superman can really do (judging him by what they saw in movies and tv shows mostly) and exaggerate their childhood hero against comic book fans and people who know both sides well (me included, have read DBZ and enough superman to know Sups actually wins easily by speedblitz and superior striking power). So even if the guys from deathbattle (who are known for very questionable decisions in many matches) say one of the two wins, this will never end.

Post by mypasswordis1234 (196 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@All_StarSupes said:

Superman has been around for more than 80 years, so of course he has plenty of low end feats. But in a fight you're supposed to take both fighters at their respective peaks. Current Supes is capable of bench pressing the entire planet without breaking a sweat. And whilst Goku can bust planets with ease, he can't match Supes speed, strength or durability.

If S. survived a star explosion once, and beaten half dead by streetleveler powerhouses, or at least, not close to planet busters, then saying that superman has star explosion durability is not respective peak, but fanwanking peak(I not mean for you).

1high end durability feat against a lot of "low" durability feat...

Superman has only better long travel feats, Goku better on the rest.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,525 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@MarioRedfield said:

@DBZ_universe:

I think that's the Sentry ripping up Carnage picture that's been altered to make it Superman and Goku. Just saying.

Post by MisterShin (2,125 posts) See mini bio Level 14

SMH

Screwattack has failed, its missing vital information.

Like a variety of Goku's attacks and abilities.

• Mind Reading (Refer to when Goku arrives on Namek, and when he gets healed after virus)
  • Telepathy (His used this many times, but first time in Saiyan Saga i think)
  • Some form of Astral Projection (He can fight in other peoples minds, refer to Gohan vs Krillin on trip to Namek)

There is too much Superman wank on that site.

An exploding Star cannot destroy galaxies.

^That above is all i need to know that the whole thing is full of fail. A star exploding would never destroy galaxies.

@MisterShin said:

SMH

• Mind Reading (Refer to when Goku arrives on Namek, and when he gets healed after virus)
  • Some form of Astral Projection (He can fight in other peoples minds, refer to Gohan vs Krillin on trip to Namek)

Really stretching it there.

The mind reading thing, we saw him do it with Krillin yes. That was the only time you see him doing it. Telepathy was other people using their telepathy like King Kai.

Astral form training never did anything to harm one another.

Post by All_StarSupes (770 posts) See mini bio Level 10

To be honest Supes is written to be as strong as he needs to be, hence the stupid Silver Age Supes and his rainbow powers of doom. The thing with comic book characters who have been around for so long is that they have to be dumbed down to extremes for plot lines and then amped up again when the time is necessary. Look at the current Supes, he was knocked out by a train and now he can bench press the planet in his sleep. This is one of the reasons Supes isn't a popular character anymore.

@DBZ_universe:

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,229 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@mypasswordis1234:

A-a-a. When a dbz fan really act like a fanboy he say obvious false statements, like Goku vs Living tribunal.... with an argument like how cool Goku is. These are not annoying.

Also Goku can beat Marvel universe only using his base form, Kid Goku can beat the superman family, Goku can beat TOAA with no effect and Goku can stomp Superman. And they wasn't joking

The rest are just called fanboy because the disagreement. I told that Superman KO'd by a hard moon, and hardly can break the moon. Then the Supe fan said I downplaying(lowballing). Then I said to prove it and he shown PC Supe feats. Even when the OP said new 52 version. These are annoying, unfirendly, stubborn persons, who only debate to defend his beloved character or hating on dbz character. Or here on animevice when I asked to prove Galactus' galaxy buster "retard dbz fanboy thinks Goku beat Galactus" I got this by multiple persons.

No, the reason is call reasonable fans, if they don't be claiming Goku can beat anyone and is the strongest.

Why did you use that feat? The hard moon was before the new 52

Also I see it for both sides, heck if you go to Broly Vs Omega thread on here. You will see people wanking about Broly and don't listen to reason and act like little kids. People need to learn how to put there Fandom in there place and think about things

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,229 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@MisterShin:

There is too much Superman wank on that site.

Goku never use those in battle before, it not his style to use those type of moves. You really sounding like a comic book guy, for all the nick picks LOL!

Post by xlab3000 (1,393 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@eddz99 said:

bs@DBZ_universe said:

@MarioRedfield:

bs@DBZ_universe said:

all of those are bs

@xlab3000 said:

@eddz99 said:

bs@DBZ_universe said:

@MarioRedfield:

bs@DBZ_universe said:

all of those are bs

No, they're real all them.

@mypasswordis1234:

The rest are just called fanboy because the disagreement. I told that Superman KO'd by a hard moon, and hardly can break the moon. Then the Supe fan said I downplaying(lowballing). Then I said to prove it and he shown PC Supe feats. Even when the OP said new 52 version. These are annoying, unfirendly, stubborn persons, who only debate to defend his beloved character or hating on dbz character. Or here on animevice when I asked to prove Galactus' galaxy buster "retard dbz fanboy thinks Goku beat Galactus" I got this by multiple persons.

Was that me? I'm GunGunW on ComicVine. I was trying to explain there are multiple factors to said being KO'd by a moon bust and trying to say that using that would be an example of lowballing. It's like comparing destroying a car with a shotgun as opposed to you know, actually ramming yourself into and destroying it. If you shot Master Roshi out of a canon and he hit the moon, he'd probably die horribly.

Plus also, almost all of Superman's low end durability feats can be explained whether he wasn't charged with enough solar energy or there was magic involved. Like that one scan of Hawkman so called KOing Superman was the most taken out of context thing I've ever seen. Superman was bleeding because he was punched in the face by Captain Marvel, someone both equal to Superman in power and possessing highly powerful magic. Plus, if you read the actual story, Hawkman states he's hitting him in the face with the force of the entire planet. Not to mention al it did was knock him down, it didn't appear that he gave him any damage or even actually knock him out. Besides, in the end, Superman and Batman win that fight. They made it look like Cap and Hawman won if I'm not mistaken. I own that arc, it's one of my favorites.

@MarioRedfield: Ignore that crap. That was Loeb. Batman kicked Captain Marvel and he returned to Billy. ONLY the magical lightning bolt that turns him into it can change him back, and Shazam the wizard himself. The arc, sorry if you liked it, was so stupid and it is non-canon anyway. The majority of Superman/Batman is non-canon.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel