Goku vs. Sonic

Topic started by Iju on June 17, 2012. Last post by takashichea 8 months ago.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,675 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@DBZ_universe: Do not feed the fanboy.

@100Rings: If you class that as game mechanics, then I could say the same about everything that you posted. Out of interest, when has Sonic ever used time travel in battle? I didn't see him using it against the robot crabs there. What's more is that was exclusive to that game, and so cannot be used in any fight (for instance, did you see Sonic going back in time to beat Dark Gaia?). Sonic fights robots and city-level aliens, Goku curbstomps planet busters. How are you not getting this?

You stated that Sonic had the durability to survive a planet-busting explosion; care to prove this? Because free-falling to earth without dying sure as hell doesn't prove it, especially when you get pummeled by city-level aliens as well. I watched your little video that you posted earlier; if Sonic is really capable of surviving a free-fall from space, why does he bother dodging missiles from Eggman? Oh wait, because the free-fall feat was PIS. What's hilarious is that you only seem to be quoting from wikias as well, which can be edited by anyone and are usually biased. Pro tip: start considering actual feats instead of going purely on descriptions. In Final Fantasy: Dissidia, Sephiroth has an attack that is described as moving at lightspeed. Does that Sephiroth lightspeed then? Of course not. The same applies here.

But wait, there's more idiocy here. Sonic can beat a character stronger than him huh? That, my friend, is also PIS, where the main character defies all odds and defeats an enemy stronger than them. Such a thing does not exist on battle forums. Indomitable will means jack's shit if you're facing someone 1000 times more powerful than you.

As it stands, we are using game Sonic, and so he is slaughtered. Raditz vs Sonic would have been a better fight.

In the meantime, I leave everyone with this video, which I hope you will enjoy. Though to be honest, I think it's an insult to Vegeta.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/59260

Thank you!!

Post by 100Rings (113 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@DBZ_universe: lol byebye bro! XD

@100Rings: Bye Bye... have a nice day.

@DBZ_universe said:

lol yea u 2...silly kid!

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,164 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@100Rings: Give it a rest and let the thread die.

@GIRUGAMESH said: @SpeedForceSpider:

@DBZ_universe: Do not feed the fanboy.

@100Rings: If you class that as game mechanics, then I could say the same about everything that you posted. Out of interest, when has Sonic ever used time travel in battle? I didn't see him using it against the robot crabs there. What's more is that was exclusive to that game, and so cannot be used in any fight (for instance, did you see Sonic going back in time to beat Dark Gaia?). Sonic fights robots and city-level aliens, Goku curbstomps planet busters. How are you not getting this?

You stated that Sonic had the durability to survive a planet-busting explosion; care to prove this? Because free-falling to earth without dying sure as hell doesn't prove it, especially when you get pummeled by city-level aliens as well. I watched your little video that you posted earlier; if Sonic is really capable of surviving a free-fall from space, why does he bother dodging missiles from Eggman? Oh wait, because the free-fall feat was PIS. What's hilarious is that you only seem to be quoting from wikias as well, which can be edited by anyone and are usually biased. Pro tip: start considering actual feats instead of going purely on descriptions. In Final Fantasy: Dissidia, Sephiroth has an attack that is described as moving at lightspeed. Does that make Sephiroth lightspeed then? Of course not. The same applies here.

But wait, there's more idiocy here. Sonic can beat a character stronger than him huh? That, my friend, is also PIS, where the main character defies all odds and defeats an enemy stronger than them. Such a thing does not exist on battle forums. Indomitable will means jack's shit if you're facing someone 1000 times more powerful than you.

As it stands, we are using game Sonic, and so he is slaughtered. Raditz vs Sonic would have been a better fight.

In the meantime, I leave everyone with this video, which I hope you will enjoy. Though to be honest, I think it's an insult to Vegeta.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/59260

aaaand you yet again prove your idiocy by the pathetically late reply and the horribly flawed argument. lol i love how you try to class an entire game as one huge game mechanic. wth?! did i say sonic can travel time in this battle NO! I said sonic has warp speeds on his side. i also dont care how often he uses time travel speed; the point being that he did, and therefore making him faster than goku . hahaha and your comment about dark gaia being defeated by time travel is retarded. a simple search would have resulted in this...but i suppose you were to much of a "genius" and already knew this XD

"Dark Gaia, alongside Light Gaia (named Chip by Sonic), was born in the beginning of time. While Light Gaia was born as the incarnation of light and rebirth, Dark Gaia was born as the incarnation of darkness and destruction, and they served as each other's counterpart."

-Sonic Wikia

time travel would have been useless since dark gaia existed since the origins of the earths creation. stupid doof... he would have had to stop the earths creation in order to stop dark gaia...and tht wasnt the point was it? lol nope! XDDD

So you ask if sonic can survive a planet busting. lol all to easy kid! Sonic has proven to be invulnerable to all physical damage whatsoever. (except in extreme cases like Dark Gaia. and even then he wasnt "harmed" he was just exausted.)

"With the power of the seven Chaos Emeralds, Super Sonic gains the ability to fly and is invulnerable to all harm"

-Sonic Wikia

soo there you have it. Super Sonic would be able to survive a planet busting. of course. lol and taking into consideration tht goku cant survive a planet busting outside of SSJ, i would leave this topic alone if i were you. have you ever seen sonic take heavy damage ever in sonic history when he was in super form? lol google is your friend XD. And since when has sonic been defeated by city level aliens? never! wth are you blathering about? like i said if Goku has the experience needed with dealing with omni-present, time destroying gods then gladly tell me...otherwise cease speaking ok? and also you really wanna compare missiles from eggman to a freefall from the atmosphere? so sonic was suposed to stand there and let the missiles slow him down just to prove something? lol glad you aint in charge of SEGA! and anyway Sonic in the video sonic rushes through the blasts from the missiles anyway unscathed so yea my point is proven. also how am i going purely off of wikia quotes? i gave videos from the games to support my every point...but i suppose you didnt read that...understandable.. :P and honestly, if you can, lets use common sense for a minute. do you actually think a group of people would gather together just to create a shrine full of lies dedicated to Sonic? hmmm i think not!

lol and who deemed sonics indomitable will as naught? ive never seen anyone take away anyones feats no mater what they applied to (physicl/mental/spiritual) apparently, this is a GIRUGAMESH take on things here on Animevice. lol and tht "Raditz vs. Sonic" battle...phff he would literally spear through Raditz in the literal blink of an eye. it seems every time we cross paths you bring half cooked arguments to the table each time; proving close to nothing for the side you support in any battle situation.

lol on the other hand no one has told me how goku would beat anyone of the Sonic villains i listed....just puting that out there

lastly SpeedForceSpider...grow a pair and cease raping other peoples argument and form your own.

lol and i saw tht video before...funny!

@100Rings said:

@DBZ_universe said:

lol yea u 2...silly kid!

Ok!! what ever you say....

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,898 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@100Rings: Wow you're retarded kid, Goku was swatting planet busters by Namek Saga you're a joke. How can Sonic stop a IT attack? Get off your boyfriends nuts and learn to read as I said my own info pages ago.

If you had a brain you'd know Goku has Solar Flare and can blind Sonic and easily one-shot him. You're such a fanboy you can't even tell facts from opinions. This thread needs to be locked because you were owned pages ago. Your argument stays the same and is invalid. You keep nut riding on Sonics speed and Goku is just as fast maybe even faster.

@100Rings: "Pathetically late reply"? Believe it or not, I do have a life outside this ya know, and honestly I didn't know whether or not I should humour you.

For your sake, you should try to understand this; if a character in anything only does something once that would conflict with every other showing they've ever had, it is considered PIS, CIS or a mechanic of some kind (probably the latter for Sonic). I'll give you an example; if Spiderman, say, were to fire a blast from his fist one day in a desperate fight that was powerful enough to destroy a planet, would you consider it a legitimate feat? Or if, for the space of a single moment in one comic, was shown to be capable of pushing away a moon-sized rock? Of course not, it would be ridiculous. The same goes for Sonic. He has never shown anything else close to speeds needed to time travel, and therefore that 'feat' is null and void. Hopefully you understand now.

And I will say it again; stop quoting the wikia, I have given reasons why. If you genuinely believe that Super Sonic is "invulnerable to all harm" just because the wikia says so then I'm not sure if you're ignorant, a fanboy or just plain stupid. Would you argue that Sonic could survive attacks from Galactus then? Or from The Lord of Shadows? I really hope not. You know who else was labelled 'invulnerable'? Superman, and he got his ass beaten to death by Doomsday.

Please take note of this, would love it if you were able to look at things more logically. If you carry on the way you have been then I can only consider you a fanboy beyond any help or a half-assed troll.

And for the record, you asked how Goku could defeat any of the enemies Sonic faced. Here's a better question; when have any of them shown planet busting? If you have examples and not meaningless quotes from the wiki, I would love to see them.

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@100Rings: "Pathetically late reply"? Believe it or not, I do have a life outside this ya know, and honestly I didn't know whether or not I should humour you.

For your sake, you should try to understand this; if a character in anything only does something once that would conflict with every other showing they've ever had, it is considered PIS, CIS or a mechanic of some kind (probably the latter for Sonic). I'll give you an example; if Spiderman, say, were to fire a blast from his fist one day in a desperate fight that was powerful enough to destroy a planet, would you consider it a legitimate feat? Or if, for the space of a single moment in one comic, was shown to be capable of pushing away a moon-sized rock? Of course not, it would be ridiculous. The same goes for Sonic. He has never shown anything close to speeds needed to time travel, and therefore that 'feat' is null and void. Hopefully you understand now.

And I will say it again; stop quoting the wikia, I have given reasons why. If you genuinely believe that Super Sonic is "invulnerable to all harm" just because the wikia says so then I'm not sure if you're ignorant, a fanboy or just plain stupid. Would you argue that Sonic could survive attacks from Galactus then? Or from The Lord of Shadows? I really hope not. You know who else was labelled 'invulnerable'? Superman, and he got his ass beaten to death by Doomsday.

Please take note of this, would love it if you were able to look at things more logically. If you carry on the way you have been then I can only consider you a fanboy beyond any help or a half-assed troll.

And for the record, you asked how Goku could defeat any of the enemies Sonic faced. Here's a better question; when have any of them showed planet busting? If you have examples and not meaningless quotes from the wiki, I would love to see them.

Epic^^

Post by shonen (846 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@GIRUGAMESH said:

For your sake, you should try to understand this; if a character in anything only does something once that would conflict with every other showing they've ever had, it is considered PIS, CIS or a mechanic of some kind (probably the latter for Sonic). I'll give you an example; if Spiderman, say, were to fire a blast from his fist one day in a desperate fight that was powerful enough to destroy a planet, would you consider it a legitimate feat? Or if, for the space of a single moment in one comic, was shown to be capable of pushing away a moon-sized rock? Of course not, it would be ridiculous. The same goes for Sonic. He has never shown anything else close to speeds needed to time travel, and therefore that 'feat' is null and void. Hopefully you understand now.

And for the record, you asked how Goku could defeat any of the enemies Sonic faced. Here's a better question; when have any of them shown planet busting? If you have examples and not meaningless quotes from the wiki, I would love to see them.

But what if one of their showings that you consider an ability of theirs is just the author of that story wanking them past an ability they have that is outside of their powerset.PIS,CIS, should not only account and be used as an excuse to disregard low end feats but also high end feats, such as superman holding a black hole in the palm of his hands.

@shonen: ...that's exactly what I was saying. I was discounting the "high end feat" of Sonic moving fast enough to travel through time.

Post by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (82 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@CerberusPrime3k said:

Video Game Sonic-dies

Archie Comics Sonic-Win

Exactly correct!

Post by MarioRedfield (1,743 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@GIRUGAMESH: Just going to say one thing about the whole Superman thing, I know I may sound biased and all, but most Superman fans I've talked agree that the Doomsday killing him was just bad writing and didn't make any sense what so ever and that could even be considered PIS. Also I don't even think he was really dead anyway.

@MarioRedfield: Well in my eyes.. I think it wasn't PIS... Doomsday is just badass like that!!

Also Broly is like Doomsday!!!

Broly hates Goku and Doomsday hates Superman, They both are huge and could own the two heroes!!

@DBZ_universe: Guess we'll have to agree to disagree, which is fine.

Yeah, Broly and Doomsday are basically the equivalents to each other, they're both the homicidal, insanely powerful villains who come to Earth to destroy the hero. They also have in common that Superman and Goku came back in round two and stomped them into the ground.

@MarioRedfield: Goku cannot stomp Broly, it's the other way around... that defeat was a massive PIS... but lets not argue bout that because it's off topic! :)

@MarioRedfield: Really? That's interesting. Not to undermine you or anything, just that most DC fans I know accept that as a legitimate showing. Either way, my point still stands, once an 'invulnerable' character starts going up against uber-powered opponents they don't look so hot anymore.

@GIRUGAMESH: I agree with the point you were making about Sonic not being so invulnerable, I just don't think Superman was a good example of a character not actually being invulnerable since the whole Doomsday thing was so circumstantial and was littered with asterisks.

Post by Iju (98 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@shonen said:

@GIRUGAMESH said:

But what if one of their showings that you consider an ability of theirs is just the author of that story wanking them past an ability they have that is outside of their powerset.PIS,CIS, should not only account and be used as an excuse to disregard low end feats but also high end feats, such as superman holding a black hole in the palm of his hands.

your logic so bad i could cry for you. its so embarrasing!

really? if somone does something ONCE in their life, it doesnt count or isnt concidered legit? since when did THAT make sense?

the slaves were set free (but only ONCE) in 1865. no way! they werent set free a LOT of times, so it doest count! they still need to be slaves, it happed only once!

you were once 3 years old. but that only happened ONCE! so, accoring to your logic, you were only 3 once and that means you were NEVER 3 years old!

you were homeless once. but that doesnt mean ANYTHING! after all, you were homeless ONCE, and that means it NEVER happened!

your mother had a popsicle when she was 5, but only once. but she had it only ONCE, so she never had it in the first place!

see how rediculous that sounds?

if sonic did something only ONCE, then that takes away his BIRTHPLACE. he had only ONE game once upon a time. if we used your logic, when sonic just came out, SEGA would have to say, "well, sonic only had ONE game, so yeah, hes not a video game character. because he only came out ONCE!" and there would be no more sonic games.

and YES. that would be a feat for spiderman. just because he did it once, doesnt mean its impossible to do it again! maybe at the end of the comic, that feat took AWAY his power to DO it again, then it would still be a feat, but he simply couldnt use it again. but that wasnt the case at all. he did it without it being taken away. therefore that is his feat, and he can keep doing it, no matter how long ago it was. im surprised you never heard of the phrase "If I can do it ONCE, I can do it AGAIN"? what is the matter with you?

the only reason why you say "stop quoting the wikia!" is because you have absolutly nothing to whine about except that all day to 100Rings. the wikia uses proof to back it up. just cause the wikia says it changes the fact that its TRUE?! im not sure about OTHER wikias, but the sonic one is pretty reliable. most people who arent even sonic fans say that it is firmly not biased. im pretty sure you havent noticed this, but if it werent for sonic in the first place, there wouldnt BE a wikia: but ok. all the time in 100Rings points were sonic wikia: then video. sonic wikia: then video. he did it ALL the time! how DARE you say he just quoted when he plainly DID MORE THAN THAT! i dont get you GIRUGAMESH!! really, i dont! you should stop acting so desperate. it really shows.

from the sonic wikia: (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(character)#Powers_and_Abilities)

"He is occasionally referred to as "the fastest thing alive," and can run backwards at full speed just as well as forwards, as shown in the Team Sonic opening cut-scene of Sonic Heroes"

how is sonic proved to be called the fastest thing alive? look at the video.

at 4:14 that bird (jet) calls him by that name. thus the sonic wikia was telling the absolute truth.

the sonic wikia also said that sonic can run backwards. this came from the sonic wikia, so its wrong and biased. WRONG! not only did they give you proof by saying the game of when it appeared, but i also have a video to back up their proof.

at 1:06 he started to run backwards. i dont know WHY you dont want the sonic wikia, but there is no reason for your complaining. its true and is based in facts from games. if you think this is set up or im joking, simply ask for more proof.

you didnt answer 100Rings question of goku ever beating the villains/demons/aliens of the sonic universe. instead you lead it off with a nice big RED HERRING! to get what you ever so "want", they have shown planet busting. why in the heck would sonic defeat Dark Gaia if it wasnt a threat to planet busting? and in sonic adventure 2, the bio lizard was about to destoy the earth. its time for YOU to think now. Black Doom (shadow the hedgehog just ask for proof) wanted to take down his master and use shadow to take over the universe. shadow had also said that he could destoy the earth, too. now, i know you are thinking "this is SHADOW!" but in sonic battle (AFTER the fact) sonic could beat him, so he can beat a planet buster. now that your Red Herring is booted out the window, ANSWER 100RINGS'S QUESTION HE ASKED IN THE FIRST PLACE. and i have a few questions for YOU, also. has goku ever gotten out of time freeze, dealt with reality warping with ease, and transporting (NOT transmissing) with ease? all of these answers to these questions are an absolute NO. YOU stop acting like a fanboy. after all, you's better watch it. last time i check, all you and DBZ_universe did and still do it rage about how he is "wrong" and "fanboyish", and you didnt give anything to support your point! not even a single quote of the wikia or video! all both of you did was rage! not one shred of proof! some nerve YOU both have! basicly, all you are worth here at the moment is just blowing a lot of hot steam. i dont see why we have to break our back giving proof when you dont even give 1%. this isnt even an agument! this is just one sided in your view.

look at my post to GIRUGAMESH since what you think what he said was so "epic." look at mine.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel