Goku vs. Sonic

Topic started by Iju on June 17, 2012. Last post by takashichea 1 year ago.
Post by 100Rings (114 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@SpeedForceSpider: @DBZ_universe: @GIRUGAMESH: Well stop laughing because all I said applies to game Sonic with no comic reference whatsoever! :P

Point 1. Sonic is indeed fast enough to travel time

He had an entire game based of of this feat, Sonic CD. Goku has no where near this unrivaled speed!

As you can see, Sonic travels time with ease in this level alone. Sonic most definitely wins in the speed realm

Point 2. Sonic's top speed is unknown

courtesy of the Sonic Wikia:

it is unknown how much faster Sonic can run beyond Mach 1.

He has already proven to have speeds capable of time travel and on top of that we don't know just how far beyond ha can go past warping speeds. Again, Goku is heavily outmatched in terms of speed.

Point 3. Sonic Has the Capabilities to Defeat Someone Superior to Him

Sonic has defeated villains stronger than him in every aspect possible. Emerl being prime example for this.

Sonic also possesses an indomitable force of will...In Sonic Battle when facing Ultimate Emerl, Emerl was vastly superior to Sonic in every aspect: he has the abilities of every character, all seven Chaos Emeralds and the power of the Final Egg Blaster. Thanks to his force of will, he was able to perform the impossible: defeat an opponent who is superior to him in almost every way possible.

-Sonic Wikia

This, if anything, puts Sonic on equal footing with Goku. Goku has never really been able to defeat villains stronger than him with out help of some sort. He consistently needed help from his friends in order to beat villains like Janempa, Cell, Buu, and Broly. And if he does try to face someone superior to him, he always gets his clock cleaned! He needs the help of others in order to match up with stronger, top-tier villains.

Point 3. Sonic Has Top-Notch Durability

Sonic has proven over the years to posses a high thresh-hold for damage. Take this feat for instance:

At 1:08, Sonic falls from a high place in the earths atmosphere and shakes it off with out hint of injury. And this was all in base form

In Sonic Adventure, he fell face first from a high point in the atmosphere and merely shook it off after the crash of the Tornado (although he luckily fell into soft sand), and near the end of his story fell once again from about the same height from the Egg Carrier into the Mystic Ruins jungle.

-Sonic Wikia

Goku has some extreme durability feats as well but not to this extent in his base form. He did after all survive a planet exploding in his face but that was only in SSJ form. No doubt Goku would survive this, but not with out some form of injury. Sonic is nothing to sneeze at in terms of durability.

Point 4. Sonic Can Heal Himself

This point is rather simple and to the,well- point.

At 0:50, Sonic heals himself. Goku dose not have this ability.

Point 5. Random Abilities

1. Sonic can swim as seen here:

At 1:22 he swims with ease so yea DBZuniverse...u is rong :P

2. Super Sonic has proven to be invincible to all physical damage in any shape or form (excluding game-mechanic like falling in pits or getting crushed)

Also Super Sonic has the ability to stop time indefinitely. Goku has no defense against time stopping.

3. Super Sonic gains the ability to fly and is invulnerable to all harm...Allowing him to smash through large robots, barriers and Dr. Eggman’s space armada with ease as shown in Sonic Unleashed, grab enormous robots with one hand, and even stun Perfect Dark Gaia, whose size is on a par with a continent.

-Sonic Wikia

4. http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Hyper_Sonic The true extent to Hyper Sonic is unknown. His speed, his strength, his durability and his power is far beyond that of Super and Super's Powers haven't been fully pushed to their limits yet, as well as the Chaos Emeralds themselves.

Point 6. Sonic has Stronger villains than Goku

Sonic has more than enough ability to stand a chance against Goku. I Might also Note that Sonic has dealt with villains as strong or stronger than some of Goku's strongest enemies.

1. Solaris is a time destroying being capable of destroying time itself at will.

As a god over time,Solaris is capable of freely manipulating time itself, and is able to cause instabilities in time and create time-space rifts. According to Dr. Eggman, Solaris can devoure the fabric of time and space itself, and should he consume all existing time lines, it would lead to the collapse of time itself...Another power Solaris has is the ability to create massive orb-like "eyes" that suck in anything around them, including enemies that the characters encounter. Touching these eyes results in instant death, regardless of rings or even an invincibility power-up

-Sonic Wikia

Goku is FAR out of his league with a villain like this. He hasn't even remotely fought a being on this level of power. Goku may have his set of impressive feats but he is, without a shadow of a doubt, never beaten an omnipresent being.

2. Dark Gaia is also a force to be reckoned with.

Since it is a physical manifestation of darkness, Dark Gaia can draw power from the negative energy in the world and the night itself, allowing its power to grow stronger, which is necessary for it to reach maturity. Combined with its status as a energy being, the fragments of Dark Gaia is capable of creating various dark and destructive monsters that are capable of possessing people, causing negative and erratic behavior. Its energy can also cause beings or even the environment to transform into corrupted creatures, such as the Dark Gaia Phoenix, Dark Moray,Dark Guardian, or to a lesser degree, Sonic the Werehog. As shown by Eggman, Dark Gaia's energy is capable of powering machinery, such as the Egg Dragoon and Eggmanland...As a being of darkness, and therefore one of the eternal forces alongside light, Dark Gaia is completely immortal and can therefore never be truly destroyed, as its presence is needed to preserve the world's balance.

-Sonic Wikia

Goku again has never been able to defeat a truly invincible being. Something Sonic has achieved

5. Metal Sonic is also a beast in terms of power.

He can utilize the Spin Dash (albeit a far more deadly circular saw variation) and the Homing Attack, and can also jump higher and farther than Sonic, and match or even exceed his speed.His most powerful and impressive ability is that he can scan other characters, much like Emerl, copy their life data into himself, and immediately and flawlessly replicate not only their abilities, but also form himself to look and sound exactly like them (this is how he tricked everyone into believing he was Eggman in Sonic Heroes and also the reason Team Rose believed Sonic to have Froggy and Chocola with him in that same game).

-Sonic Wikia

Goku has never had the pleasure of dealing with a move replicator as one of his vilains. I am not talking about technique copiers but actual LIFE DATA! Goku is more or less screwed against Metal. Also Since Sonic's "true" speed is unknown; and Metal Sonic can travel beyond that said speed; Goku would look like a statue compared to Metal's speed

Taking all of this proof and info into consideration the outcome is apparent!

SONIC>GOKU

Post by DBZ_universe (15,887 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@100Rings: Final Point... Sonic cannot swim.... there for he loses... Goku throws him to the ocean and he drowns.

@DBZ_universe: dude?! i posted a video of sonic clearly and obviously swimming! its under Point 5. and if that is the best argument you can scrape up than i know i've won this battle for sure ;D

lol come back at me when you can prove every point i made wrong. till then Sonic wins without much effort.

Facts don't lie bro.

at 1:21 sonic swims...prove me wrong. i dare you! xD

@DBZ_universe said:

@100Rings: Final Point... Sonic cannot swim.... there for he loses... Goku throws him to the ocean and he drowns.

Also, how the crap would goku know that sonic "couldn/t" swim? he has no knowledge of sonic in a first encounter battle.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,922 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@100Rings: I remember Sonic only being able to swim before drowning for about like what, five seconds? Sonic canon is confusing because sometimes things don't match up. Also, I didn't even know Sonic 06 was even considered canon since the whole Silver thing. In that timeline he was from the future and was best friends with Blaze the Cat, and in the actual canon now Silver had nothing to DO with Blaze at all. Also, didn't Mephiles KILL Sonic? I specifically remember that because I was brought to tears when I realized they had killed him. His durability isn't the most absolute top notch there is. In Sonic Adventure you have to remember it was supposed to be cartoonish, and it's not like he really fell that far out of the Tornado. It was like, maybe one or two atmosphere levels. I know you stated that Sonic can run faster than Mach 1, but Goku can teleport. Also, I'm not saying the thing with Solaris is wrong but I don't really remember him coming off nearly as powerful as that in the game, and as stated before, you can't just Sonic 06 as the game you take facts from since there's no guarantee it's still even considered canon. As for the Sonic CD stuff, well I just downloaded Sonic CD and can't make any real statements about it until after I beat it, but from the video it looked like he needed some sort of magical power up to help him travel time, although I can't tell for sure so you're probably right about it. Also, if a planet exploded, no I really doubt Sonic would survive. However, Sonic can do one thing Goku can't. He can breathe in space. Plus Goku wouldn't be willing to blow up Earth, but if he was blood lusted and decided to then Sonic would just die horribly.

Finally onto Super Sonic, he's just.... awful. If you lose all your rings you turn back, which is just plain annoying. He goes so fast sometimes I don't even think he can control himself. The chaos emeralds are the equivalent to the dragon balls, so if Sonic gets the chaos emeralds to even things out Goku should get the dragon balls, which, considering they can grant ANY wish are probably more powerful than the chaos emeralds. Anyway, I'm done rambling

@MarioRedfield: on the topic of dragon balls. the wish would be inavlid. simply because the dragon balls cannot grant a wish exceeding the creators power. i jiust saw DBZ like 15 minnuts ago explaing this. and since that chaos emeralds have an infinite supply of energy, the dragon balls would be useless if you wanted to wish the emeralds away. also sonic does not need rings for super form. this proves it:

aaand this:

At 1:37, you see Sonic go super without gathering a single ring in the first video and in the second video at 1:30. it is pure game mechanic that sonic needs rings to stay super. would you say sonic cant take more than two hits of damage without gathering rings in between? no! because that would be game mechanic. The XBOX and PS3 version of Sonic Unleashed used rings as a health gauge for sonic rather than a time limit. this is still a game mechanic nonetheless.also drowing is game mechanic also. it added challenge for the players. and whether 06 is cannon or not doesn't mater. the fact is that he defeated an omni-present, time decimating energy demon! Goku is out of his league with this type of villain.

another point is that Super Sonic is more than capable of surviving a planet busting easily. he is invulnerable to physical damage on all levels. He has since proven this throughout his games.(except in cases of immortal omni-powered demon gods like Dark Gaia)

and i think goku can breathe in space, his father bardock as well as some other saiyans were fighting freeza in space and talking and breathing regularly. vegeta stopped and opened his ship to blow up arlia and he to was talking and breathing in space. lastly goku traveled through space at high speeds in the first broly movie and he had no trouble with it. so yeah goku should be able to breathe in space

I doubt if that was cartoon physics because later on in sonic history, he freefalls the same way in numerous games. heck, he fell from space onto tail's plane in some of his earliest games. this proves that sonic is light on his feet and can withstand falling that fast and that hard.

And no Sonic does not need magic powers/poles in order for time travel to occur. i've played some of it and its just the effect of him gaining warp speed. I also doubt Goku would hit sonic like crazy due to his ability to use Chaos Control. (teleportation) Chaos Control can not only teleport his own being, but teleport others to anywhere he wishes to go. this comes standard with Chaos Control. CC and IT balance each other out. Also, Goku would most likely not blow up a planet without going SSJ since this is the only way of him survivng a planet bust..by that ponit sonic would most likely be in Super Form too.

you made some good points and i'm glad we could argue without.

1. idiocy

2. biased opinions

3. immaturity

4. cursing/swearing

5. insulting

thanks! you make animevice a good site :)

Post by Iju (147 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@DBZ_universe said:

@Iju said:

@SpeedForceSpider: ha ha but dont think that you can ease yourself out of proof. this is still a serious thread. i WILL show you, in due time.

I'll be waiting for this as well... I want to see what VG sonic can do to Goku... and how Goku will lose...

sry was about to say exactly what 100Rings was about to say, but then he beat me to it. so just look at his post. come on, someone being stronger than sonic doesnt mean anything. he could ne 100x stronger heck, infinitely stonger, but sonic will still prevail. you saw the sonic battle vid. it was pure effort and will that made sonic win. emerl had an infinite energy supply (hence my hint of "heck infinitely stronger") and sonic STILL won. so , goku could out rank sonic by trillions, it doesnt matter. thats why i love video game sonic. not archie. only archie would come up with some crap of sonic beating someone who is weaker or on par with him. when game sonic does no such thing! VIDEO GAME SONIC FTW! even if archie is "overpowered"as i hear lots of people say around the internet, video game sonic will still win. they think, "if something is stronger, it will win against the weak"! not with video game sonic.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,922 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Iju: Yeah, I guess that is true... Mario is stronger than Sonic physically but that doesn't mean he could hold a flame to him.

@100Rings said: @Iju:

@DBZ_universe said:

Also, how the crap would goku know that sonic "couldn/t" swim? he has no knowledge of sonic in a first encounter battle.

Goku can read it's foes feelings and find there weaknes....

Also isn't that a family game?? yes it is... is that feat even considered canon to the game Sonic?? I think not... canonly Sonic cannot swim. Goku reads his feelings and drowns him.. like I said Sonic touches a crab (if he does not have rings) and dies.... Goku eats those things...

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,389 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Goku wins, by having the better game and is more powerful

@DBZ_universe: like i said. you lost the battle. take your trolling elsewhere silly kid. :P

lol i already made the point that goku is pathetically under sonic when it comes to sonic he wont be grabbing and drowning sonic any time soon...

y it so hard for you to say sonic can swim. lol not like it'll mater here...

oh and yea...all sonic games are in cannon...(excluding secret rings)

@Destinyheroknight: lol never said his game was good but read my post...sonic wins.

lol and this totaly looks promising (sarcasm)

FAIL!!!!!!!

dude which franchise has better games has nothing to do with a true winner of a canon battle. you know that. also i proved sonic is more powerful. read my explination post.

@100Rings said: Sure... what ever you say... am not gonna argue with you because it would be a waste... also Silly kid?? jajaja that's funny... you make me laugh!!

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,389 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@100Rings:

dude which franchise has better games has nothing to do with a true winner of a canon battle. you know that. also i proved sonic is more powerful. read my explination post.

It was tl;tr and I was going by what I know of the character. Which I play all the original Sonic games and half of the 3D ones and I not impress and also the newer games wasn't impressing either (beside Sonic Generations). Also which franchise have the better game does matter to me, since this is a battle of canon and Sonic is a video game character :)

lol and this totaly looks promising (sarcasm)

At lease, I don't have to hold hands with someone or hear that music and it also seem like it work to (DBZ 1, Sonic 0)

But if this battle was Tails Vs Goku, then Tails would beat Goku easily LOL!

@DBZ_universe: well considering the fact that you have failed to make a basic argument proving your side of the battle and you laugh for close to no reason at all, yes...you are a silly kid.

and you haven't argued with me so how would you know it would be a waste?? your flawed logic amuses me greatly! 8D

either make an argument or leave k? smh...

Facepalm
Facepalm

@100Rings: wow you're great. Me a silly kid?? jajaja well at least I don't make battles that involve lame fan made characters...

http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/goku-vs-nazo/332288/

So yeah check who is the silly one next time before flaming someone.

YOU FAIL
YOU FAIL

Oh and like I said... Sonic touches a small robot crab and he dies... Goku touches a robot crab and it explodes..

@DBZ_universe said:

@100Rings: wow you're great. Me a silly kid?? jajaja well at least I don't make battles that involve lame fan made characters...

http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/goku-vs-nazo/332288/

So yeah check who is the silly one next time before flaming someone.

YOU FAIL
YOU FAIL

Oh and like I said... Sonic touches a small robot crab and he dies... Goku touches a robot crab and it explodes..

apparently your definition of "lame" is flawed...as well as your logic. :/ ever heard of game mechanic?

At 1:00 sonic punches through 7+ robots...did he die? nope...

heres the deal sherlock. Sonic use of rings is purely game mechanic, meaning sonic only being able to 2 hits of damage exists only as you control him. in cutscenes, sonic has been shown to take far more than 2 hits. it is only in the actual gameplay tht sonic is dead after 2 hits. Saying Sonic is dead after 2 hits of damage is like saying Tails is an, all-mighty invincible character just because he comes back to "life" after "dying" in the classic sonic games.

@100Rings: What ever you say... am not gonna argue here no more. so yeah. :)

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,237 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@DBZ_universe: Do not feed the fanboy.

@100Rings: If you class that as game mechanics, then I could say the same about everything that you posted. Out of interest, when has Sonic ever used time travel in battle? I didn't see him using it against the robot crabs there. What's more is that was exclusive to that game, and so cannot be used in any fight (for instance, did you see Sonic going back in time to beat Dark Gaia?). Sonic fights robots and city-level aliens, Goku curbstomps planet busters. How are you not getting this?

You stated that Sonic had the durability to survive a planet-busting explosion; care to prove this? Because free-falling to earth without dying sure as hell doesn't prove it, especially when you get pummeled by city-level aliens as well. I watched your little video that you posted earlier; if Sonic is really capable of surviving a free-fall from space, why does he bother dodging missiles from Eggman? Oh wait, because the free-fall feat was PIS. What's hilarious is that you only seem to be quoting from wikias as well, which can be edited by anyone and are usually biased. Pro tip: start considering actual feats instead of going purely on descriptions. In Final Fantasy: Dissidia, Sephiroth has an attack that is described as moving at lightspeed. Does that make Sephiroth lightspeed then? Of course not. The same applies here.

But wait, there's more idiocy here. Sonic can beat a character stronger than him huh? That, my friend, is also PIS, where the main character defies all odds and defeats an enemy stronger than them. Such a thing does not exist on battle forums. Indomitable will means jack's shit if you're facing someone 1000 times more powerful than you.

As it stands, we are using game Sonic, and so he is slaughtered. Raditz vs Sonic would have been a better fight.

In the meantime, I leave everyone with this video, which I hope you will enjoy. Though to be honest, I think it's an insult to Vegeta.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/59260

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@DBZ_universe: Do not feed the fanboy.

@100Rings: If you class that as game mechanics, then I could say the same about everything that you posted. Out of interest, when has Sonic ever used time travel in battle? I didn't see him using it against the robot crabs there. What's more is that was exclusive to that game, and so cannot be used in any fight (for instance, did you see Sonic going back in time to beat Dark Gaia?). Sonic fights robots and city-level aliens, Goku curbstomps planet busters. How are you not getting this?

You stated that Sonic had the durability to survive a planet-busting explosion; care to prove this? Because free-falling to earth without dying sure as hell doesn't prove it, especially when you get pummeled by city-level aliens as well. I watched your little video that you posted earlier; if Sonic is really capable of surviving a free-fall from space, why does he bother dodging missiles from Eggman? Oh wait, because the free-fall feat was PIS. What's hilarious is that you only seem to be quoting from wikias as well, which can be edited by anyone and are usually biased. Pro tip: start considering actual feats instead of going purely on descriptions. In Final Fantasy: Dissidia, Sephiroth has an attack that is described as moving at lightspeed. Does that Sephiroth lightspeed then? Of course not. The same applies here.

But wait, there's more idiocy here. Sonic can beat a character stronger than him huh? That, my friend, is also PIS, where the main character defies all odds and defeats an enemy stronger than them. Such a thing does not exist on battle forums. Indomitable will means jack's shit if you're facing someone 1000 times more powerful than you.

As it stands, we are using game Sonic, and so he is slaughtered. Raditz vs Sonic would have been a better fight.

In the meantime, I leave everyone with this video, which I hope you will enjoy. Though to be honest, I think it's an insult to Vegeta.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/59260

Just beautiful I agree.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel