Goku vs Sailor Moon discussion

Topic started by justanormalguy on Dec. 22, 2011. Last post by Sonata 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by justanormalguy (270 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Instead of just a straight debate battle, I wanted to see if we could have this as a discussion, because I want to try and analyze each point individually.

Who has the overall superior speed? (battle, flight, etc.)

Who has the overall better energy projection?

Who has the overall superior fighting skill?

Who has the overall better and larger arsenal of attacks to work with?

Is Sailor Moon's ability to stop time dependent on her transformation forms? / Can she cast it instantly, or like a Spirit Bomb you need to gather energy to use it?

Post by Lil_Cal (141 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@ReplicaRex said:

This is a joke right?

I mean it's two vastly different genres were talking about here...

Next up, Goku vs a Harem Anime.

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I once saw some Dragon Ball Z meets Sailor Moon stuff on the web...now I know where babies come from.

Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I don't really know that much about Sailor Moon however DBZ seems more superior in hand-to-hand combat, physical strength, and just prowess. And from what I heard SM characters can destroy planets with their index fingers well, DBZ characters can do the same thing, take frieza for example... Guy destroys planets with just a finger and as well took a planet busting attack himself.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

People say Sailor Moon wins due to her powers.

but there is one thing , the powers of sailor moon only works on evil beings , since Goku is not evil , how is that going to affect him?

another problem is , i have seen Sailor Moon travelling at FTL (in the manga) , but I have never see her fighting hand to hand at FTL.

both durability are not that good . Sailor moon uses force shields , Goku his own body.

both characters can be killed. none of them are immortal.

Sailor moon wins due to "the power of your friends" plot mostly and the same with Goku. (except for 2 characters , one of them wasn't that great in power, though) this is in the anime version and probably in the manga version too , i haven't read the manga of sailor moon very well.

the anime version of goku can beat the anime version of sailor moon ( without plots of course)

the manga version is the issue.

( don't worry dude , there are a lot of characters who can beat Sailor Moon XD)

Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10

^

A lot of characters such as SS characters (Saint Seiya), plenty of mid-low tiers in the SS verse that can solo Sailor Moon and DBZ.

Post by justanormalguy (270 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ReplicaRex: @Lil_Cal: I can clearly tell your understanding of the thread was nowhere in your post. I wasn't comparing the Dragon Ball Z anime to the Sailor Moon anime. I was comparing the characters.

@SilverGalford: The core of the thread is primarily a discussion, trying to analyze why the general consensus believes so and so reason pertaining to said topic. Not that Goku can beat Sailor Moon or vice versa. But analyzing both characters strengths and weaknesses and presenting them accordingly in a discussion on why one characters beats the other. I mean, if Sailor Moon has a larger arsenal of powers, does that automatically mean she wins? No. You need to take into account how her powers work, the limitations and strengths of her powers, etc. If her SHOOP DA WHOOP IMMA FIRIN MA LAZER (lolz) attack needs to be charged, or can she cast it instantly? Can Goku surpass her with superior fighting skill and speed, especially combining his IT into his attacks which he said against Meta-Cooler, or are there instances of Sailor Moon showing fighting speed able to match Goku's? I mean, it's a game of points. If Sailor Moon wins on powers, does she win on speed, strength, energy projection, etc? Overall, who is the superior character with the superior abilities? That's how this is analyzed, not just on her larger arsenal of powers. I mean, can I understand why people would say that? Of course. But listing the characters in order of abilities, that's where the true core of the arrangement comes down to, not just that so and so has these powers that so and so doesn't. I mean, if Goku is faster than Sailor Moon, and it's clear that this is so with concrete evidence, that really gives him an edge against her, no? When it comes to comparing them to different characters, if Sailor Moon has a vast arsenal of powers, but she's slow, what good will that do her against other characters who can easily get in a hit and overpower her because of their speed? You get me?

Post by Orbitz89 (3 posts) See mini bio Level 4

I don't remember anything from Sailor Moon, but Goku could snap her in half like a pencil. If the dude can punch through planets, he should have no trouble breaking a high school girl in half. I can't remember if SM is in High School ( or if Goku actually punched through a planet ) but my point stands.

Post by axavierhansz (240 posts) See mini bio Level 8

sorry to revive this but it seems so interesting that i just had to jump in

overall superior speed: goku has a technique called instant transmission, which he has demonstrated to be usable in the heat of battle (majin buu saga, when majin buu uses gotenk's ghost attack, vegito dodges using instant transmission. note however, that vegtio inherited this technique entirely from goku, since vegeta does not know it at all). this technique instantly moves goku to ANYWHERE IN THE UNIVERSE in infintesimal time. In other words, goku's maximum combat speed is infinite. having established this, there is no need to examine sailor moon's speed.

overall energy projection: not sure what you mean

overall superior fighting skill: on the magical side, sailor moon is infinitely superior because goku doesn't know magic. on the physical side, well, anyone who's watched both anime knows who wins. in terms of tactics and strategy, goku is far superior simply because he doesn't really have a life. his wife has complained numerous times that goku trains too much. in fact, even death did not stop goku from training! this means that goku is much more proficient at combat than sailor moon simply because he practices many times longer than sailor moon. while sailor moon may have magical abilities that help her fighting skills, this is balanced out by the fact that saiyans are naturally bred for combat.

better/larger arsenal of attacks: sailor moon has numerous attacks. however, only her most powerful attacks are capable of destroying a planet, so raw power is out of the question. i've heard that eternal sailor moon can stop time, but i always thought it was actually sailor pluto. for argument's sake, let's assume that eternal sailor moon can stop time. this SHOULD be the end of discussion, but dragon ball z is so screwed up that even time stopping would not necessarily stop goku. it is a known fact that super-buu and ssj3 gotenks are capable of ripping apart the space-time continuum, and that he does not even use some super awesome attack to do this: he yells. since goku super saiyan 3 is definitely superior to super buu, this suggests that goku is capable of tearing holes in space-time itself. goku's arsenal of attacks is fairly limited, but are supremely powerful.

end verdict

it is mentioned that if unstopped, kid buu can destroy the entire universe (http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/61719/1155512-rokai_super.jpg). ssj3 goku is on par with kid buu, so it's reasonable to say that he can destroy at least almost the entire universe, if not the entire universe. goku's son, when fused with vegeta's son, has demonstrated the power to punch through dimensions of both space and time (hyperbolic time chamber was not only isolated in space, but also in time from the normal universe), and it is widely accepted that ssj3 goku is stronger than ssj3 gotenks. this means that goku should even be able to find a way around the time stopping abilities of eternal sailor moon (if they exist at all). goku's years of combat experience, incessant training, and instruction from Kai's (considered Gods of dbz) give him a definite advantage in skill over sailor moon. there is no debate. there is no contest. goku must win

it doesnt mean i'm hating on sailor moon. it's just that there's no logical way for sailor moon to compete with goku. practically the only element of dragon ball z is power levels. z fighters meet strong villain, train to defeat strong villain, meet stronger villain, train to defeat stronger villain, so on and so forth. the entire story is focused on how many planets they can blast. sailor moon, by comparison, has a much more developped storyline. this ultimately means, however, that the central theme will not be power, but something else. one story is written for the express purpose of showing off incredible strength, the other story is actually a story. are we really going to do a versus battle between them?

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

kid buu can destroy the universe , planet by planet . saiyans resistance to magic is not good.

the problem is how fast is sailor moon when she performs her abilities?. she can travel at FTL , but can she fight at FTL? , can she cast her abilities at FTL ? . without plots and her friends , can Sailor Moon be able to do those awesome things that she did in the manga?

Goku seems to have one problem , the magic thing ,but those questions about Sailor Moon really got me thinking.

"kid buu can destroy the universe , planet by planet"

no i'm gonna have to disagree with that.

scientists estimate that there are over 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the known universe. that's not planets, that's stars. each star can have mutiple planets.

assuming buu takes 1 second to destroy 1 ENTIRE STAR SYSTEM (which takes a great deal of energy more than the universe planet by planet), it will take him over THREE MILLION BILLION YEARS to destroy the entire universe. Yes, 3000000000000000000000000 years of non-stop star system destruction at 1 star system per second. this means that he will NEVER be able to destroy the universe because by the time he's finished destroying the last star system, the first star system he destroyed will literally have had time to re-form itself from the debris that is left behind - keep in mind, the universe only took less than 0.01% of that amount of time to become the way it is now from the primordial particle soup of the big bang.

long story short, when they say he can destroy the universe, let's just take it at face value instead of trying to find loopholes to make him seem weaker. and seriously, considering that buu's very VOICE is enough to tear a hole in space-time, why is it so unlikely he can actually destroy the universe? not trying to be unreasonable or anything, just trying to interpret dbz canon the way it's written.

sailor moon has never demonstrated fighting at ftl (i could be wrong, i haven't watched sailor moon in a long time), unlike goku. goku has used instant transmission in combination with kamehameha and physical attacks before.

about the magic thing. i think vegito demonstrates that if a saiyan is enough orders of magnitude superior to his opponent, he would be fairly resistant to magic. although super vegito was turned into chocolate by buu, he retained all of his strength. also, even if goku isn't resistant to sailor moon's magic, sailor moon doesn't really have super powerful attacks that can simply destroy a person who is pure of heart. for example, one of sailor moon's strongest attacks, starlight honeymoon therapy kiss, does not kill an opponent - it purifies them. obviously, that's not gonna do much to goku.

"kid buu can destroy the universe, planet by planet"

sorry to burst ur bubble, but no he can't

the best estimate of the number of stars in the universe is greater than 100 sextillion. each star can have multiple planets orbiting it. if buu can destroy the entire star system (star+all orbiting planets) in 1 shot, and each of this star-destroying attacks takes 1 second, and if he NEVER has to rest, then it will take him over 3 MILLION BILLION YEARS to destroy the universe. yes, 3000000000000000000000000 years of non stop star destruction at 1 star system per second. buu won't be ABLE to destroy the universe if he's that slow - stars can re-form from the debris left behind by dead stars, and that process only takes a couple billion years at the longest. so by the time buu has destroyed each star system in the universe once, the first star systems he destroyed would have re-formed trillions of years ago. let's just interpret the material the way it was written, instead of trying to find loopholes to make buu and goku seem weaker, thx.

magic resistance is a good point. however, as super vegito has demonstrated, if a saiyan warrior is many times stronger than their opponent, they can resist a great deal of the magic. when buu turned super vegito (fusion of 2 pure blooded saiyans, therefore also a saiyan) into chocolate, super vegito retained all of his strength, and continued to beat up buu unhindered. and keep in mind, super vegito is only many times stronger than buu. i'm sure we all agree that while sailor moon may have magical abilities that make her a very powerful opponent, the raw power that she uses to feed energy to those abilities is not remotely close to buu's level. makes sense that ssj3 or ssj4 goku would be able to resist her spells then (except maybe flirting spell :P). after all, in terms of magical nature, vegito and goku are the same (fusion of 2 non-magical also produces a non-magical), so if vegito could resist magic if he was much stronger in raw power than his opponent, goku should be able to do the same.

Post by ArtsyGal (70 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@axavierhansz said:

sorry to revive this but it seems so interesting that i just had to jump in

overall superior speed: goku has a technique called instant transmission, which he has demonstrated to be usable in the heat of battle (majin buu saga, when majin buu uses gotenk's ghost attack, vegito dodges using instant transmission. note however, that vegtio inherited this technique entirely from goku, since vegeta does not know it at all). this technique instantly moves goku to ANYWHERE IN THE UNIVERSE in infintesimal time. In other words, goku's maximum combat speed is infinite. having established this, there is no need to examine sailor moon's speed.

overall energy projection: not sure what you mean

overall superior fighting skill: on the magical side, sailor moon is infinitely superior because goku doesn't know magic. on the physical side, well, anyone who's watched both anime knows who wins. in terms of tactics and strategy, goku is far superior simply because he doesn't really have a life. his wife has complained numerous times that goku trains too much. in fact, even death did not stop goku from training! this means that goku is much more proficient at combat than sailor moon simply because he practices many times longer than sailor moon. while sailor moon may have magical abilities that help her fighting skills, this is balanced out by the fact that saiyans are naturally bred for combat.

better/larger arsenal of attacks: sailor moon has numerous attacks. however, only her most powerful attacks are capable of destroying a planet, so raw power is out of the question. i've heard that eternal sailor moon can stop time, but i always thought it was actually sailor pluto. for argument's sake, let's assume that eternal sailor moon can stop time. this SHOULD be the end of discussion, but dragon ball z is so screwed up that even time stopping would not necessarily stop goku. it is a known fact that super-buu and ssj3 gotenks are capable of ripping apart the space-time continuum, and that he does not even use some super awesome attack to do this: he yells. since goku super saiyan 3 is definitely superior to super buu, this suggests that goku is capable of tearing holes in space-time itself. goku's arsenal of attacks is fairly limited, but are supremely powerful.

end verdict

it is mentioned that if unstopped, kid buu can destroy the entire universe (http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/61719/1155512-rokai_super.jpg). ssj3 goku is on par with kid buu, so it's reasonable to say that he can destroy at least almost the entire universe, if not the entire universe. goku's son, when fused with vegeta's son, has demonstrated the power to punch through dimensions of both space and time (hyperbolic time chamber was not only isolated in space, but also in time from the normal universe), and it is widely accepted that ssj3 goku is stronger than ssj3 gotenks. this means that goku should even be able to find a way around the time stopping abilities of eternal sailor moon (if they exist at all). goku's years of combat experience, incessant training, and instruction from Kai's (considered Gods of dbz) give him a definite advantage in skill over sailor moon. there is no debate. there is no contest. goku must win

it doesnt mean i'm hating on sailor moon. it's just that there's no logical way for sailor moon to compete with goku. practically the only element of dragon ball z is power levels. z fighters meet strong villain, train to defeat strong villain, meet stronger villain, train to defeat stronger villain, so on and so forth. the entire story is focused on how many planets they can blast. sailor moon, by comparison, has a much more developped storyline. this ultimately means, however, that the central theme will not be power, but something else. one story is written for the express purpose of showing off incredible strength, the other story is actually a story. are we really going to do a versus battle between them?

Speed: Sailor Moon is billions of times FTL, while Goku is only hypersonic. Although I don't know much about DBZ, I did my research. Instant Transmission requires not only concentration, but the user must also be able to detect the destination/lock onto its ki signature. Because of this, I don't think it will be very effective.

Energy Projection: Sailor Moon is a solar system buster while Goku is a planet buster.

Fighting Skill: Physical wise, Usagi's strength is only that of a human, while Goku is obviously a superhuman (according to my sources, his strength is 100+ tons).

Better/Larger Arsenal of Attacks: You are incorrect. Her strongest attack was able to defeat Chaos, a being that was as large as the center of the galaxy and much more durable than Sagittarius A (3.7 million solar masses; she was strong enough to destroy it). Sailor Cosmos, Usagi's ultimate form, can control time due to her control over Sailor Pluto's Sailor Crystal. Sailor Cosmos wields the Cosmos Crystal, which is her soul/Sailor Crystal, a Sailor Crystal which holds the powers of all of the Sailor Crystals in the galaxy. She was capable of traveling through time, sending other people through time, etc.

http://deadliestfictionalwarrior.wikispaces.com/Sailor+Moon+(Character)

http://deadliestfictionalwarrior.wikispaces.com/Goku

Usagi is obviously superior to Goku. She even was proven superior to him, as was Sailor Galaxia. @Orbitz89 said:

I don't remember anything from Sailor Moon, but Goku could snap her in half like a pencil. If the dude can punch through planets, he should have no trouble breaking a high school girl in half. I can't remember if SM is in High School ( or if Goku actually punched through a planet ) but my point stands.

By feats, my sources say that he was only able to punch through islands and mountains. Sailor Moon can easily tank attacks like that, since her durability is planetary. @SilverGalford said:

kid buu can destroy the universe , planet by planet . saiyans resistance to magic is not good.

the problem is how fast is sailor moon when she performs her abilities?. she can travel at FTL , but can she fight at FTL? , can she cast her abilities at FTL ? . without plots and her friends , can Sailor Moon be able to do those awesome things that she did in the manga?

Goku seems to have one problem , the magic thing ,but those questions about Sailor Moon really got me thinking.

They're instant. The anime showed the Sailor Soldiers dancing around for viewer entertainment only. The times when their attacks were interrupted are just PIS (plot induced stupidity).

I'm pretty sure that she can react at FTL speeds, since she must have been able to maneuver around during flight and such. And yes, probably. The Silver Moon Crystal, her power source, isn't powered by her friends. Even when her friends died in the manga, she still showed extremely impressive feats. @TheRedRose said:

I don't really know that much about Sailor Moon however DBZ seems more superior in hand-to-hand combat, physical strength, and just prowess. And from what I heard SM characters can destroy planets with their index fingers well, DBZ characters can do the same thing, take frieza for example... Guy destroys planets with just a finger and as well took a planet busting attack himself.

That's only Sailor Galaxia. Sailor Moon/Cosmos, however, can destroy solar systems. She was shown to be capable enough to destroy 3.7 million solar masses. @justanormalguy said:

Instead of just a straight debate battle, I wanted to see if we could have this as a discussion, because I want to try and analyze each point individually.

Who has the overall superior speed? (battle, flight, etc.)

Who has the overall better energy projection?

Who has the overall superior fighting skill?

Who has the overall better and larger arsenal of attacks to work with?

Is Sailor Moon's ability to stop time dependent on her transformation forms? / Can she cast it instantly, or like a Spirit Bomb you need to gather energy to use it?

Speed: Sailor Moon (http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=14992)

Energy Projection: Sailor Moon. She was shown to be capable enough to destroy Sagittarius A, which is 3.7 million solar masses.

Fighting Skill: Goku. If you put these two in a boxing match, Usagi will get crushed. Even if Goku didn't have super strength, he would still win, since he would still probably be at peak human strength, while Usagi has the strength of a normal human. However, in an actual match, Usagi is very prominent in battle. She can create powerful shields to block attacks, create decent distance with her massively FTL flight speed, use her space breathing abilities to her advantage (Goku can't breathe in space), and blast him with her superior firepower.

Arsenal of Attacks: Sailor Moon. With time and space control, immense firepower, strong shields, massively FTL speed, space breathing abilities, high durability, and energy regeneration, Sailor Moon is a character not to be messed with.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Imagine Goku cosplaying as Sailor Moon.... lol

Post by Sonata (35,387 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moon would win pretty easily. 

@DBZ_universe: I have seen something much worse. 

@Sonata said:

Moon would win pretty easily.

@DBZ_universe: I have seen something much worse.

Holy Shenron.... imagine the reaction faces of both Bulma and Chichi... jajajaja

@DBZ_universe: Chichi may not like it, but Bulma may have that Raep face on lol

@Sonata: True...

Post by Greysmokeman (165 posts) See mini bio Level 5

im sure for one thing ONLY ...DBZ end characters are way faster (and can fly).......Kirisute Gomen

A CROSS IN THE TOMBSTONE....

@Greysmokeman: No they are not Sailor Moon can moved around the solar system in seconds. Even early DBZ after Goku trained with King Kai it took him a whole day to run 10,000 miles.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel