Goku vs Piccolo

Topic started by SpeedForceSpider on Oct. 16, 2012. Last post by mypasswordis1234 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,961 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Post Yardrat
Post Yardrat
Android Saga(Post 3 years Training)
Android Saga(Post 3 years Training)

Both going all-out

Takes place in wasteland

Who wins?

Post by MarioRedfield (1,759 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I feel like this is a really good match up and I really really wanna say Goku but I just feel like I can't.

@MarioRedfield: I know what you mean man. I can't decide either I need thoughts from you guys.

Post by Sonata (35,401 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I am leaning towards Goku purely because he has instant transmission, and can quickly get behind Piccolo for a devastating attack.
Post by ReiKai (3,517 posts) See mini bio Level 10
The only issue is Piccolo knows Goku has that move up his sleeve, and Piccolo by the time the Android's arrive is just about as strong as Goku and Vegeta are after their training. He was easily dealing with Dr. Gero even after Gero gained a power boon from draining some of Piccolo's energy. I'd say with this Picclo is actually stronger than Goku for this debate, and unless Goku can deal a fatal blow using IT, then Piccolo will take it.
Post by niBBit (664 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Its difficult to say. We don't know how strong both the Androids are, they could be way way weaker than Frieza or much stronger. We also don't know how much energy Dr.Gero absorbed from SSJ Vegeta's Big Bang Attack and Piccolo's own energy. When Piccolo decided to fight Dr.Gero Vegeta said (Anime) that he didn't care if Piccolo where to die but he did care if Dr.Gero manages to absorb more energy to make himself stronger, does that mean if Dr.Gero was at his maximum that he might pose a problem for Vegeta? Dr.Gero also said (Anime) in order to achive success (debatable) he needs to be at maximum capacity, Dr.Gero apperently wasn't at his best. But Dr.Gero could have ofcourse be completly wrong because he also though he could take on Piccolo but, Piccolo turned GOD MODE ON and Layeth the Smackdown on Dr.Gero.

It was a stomp. Dr.Gero was facing Piccolo and Piccolo rushed him and he could't follow him. He then tried to counter and Piccolo was still WAY to fast for him. He then CHOPPED his arm clean off. Dispite not knowing how strong both are Piccolo might have an advantage. Piccolo trained with Goku AFTER he came back so technically should't Piccolo have an advantage in fighting because he knows how Goku fights and knows about his IT? remember this is Piccolo after he fused with Nail so Piccolo might suprise Goku with some new moves.

EDIT: There is something worth mentioning. When Android 18 broke Vegeta's arm and Trunks rushed in Android 17 hit Trunks with a suprise attack. Piccolo then rushed in and recieved a kick to the head. Trunks got up but was held back by the foot by Android 18 who trew Trunks into Vegeta. Piccolo surprisingly stood up and was ready for more, ofcourse he got kicked back again but its worth noting that like Trunks after he got hit he stood up and was battle ready. Trunks when he first met Goku should't be THAT much weaker than Goku right? Maybe this is more of a close battle than i thought.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,725 posts) See mini bio Level 17

mmm hard one.

The main problem is with the Androids, the Z-fighters couldn't sense their energy, so their only means of fighting them was by depending on their Sight and other Physical senses rather than their Ki sense. Though Gero had absorbed energy from Yamcha earlier on, and then a blast from Vegeta (not his big bang, just a large ki ball), and draining energy from Piccolo (who was still powered down and not showing his full strength), Piccolo still pretty easily tooled Gero.

With #19 and #20 (Gero) the point of facing and taking on the Z-Fighters was to steal their energy to increase their own power. As energy-absorbing models they may actually have a higher energy capacity than #17 and #18, whose cores may allow them an endless supply of energy, but it is still limited (ie, they won't get any stronger than they already are). Yet as we know Gero was unable to gain sufficient power to overcome the Z-fighters. Certainly he could deal with the likes of Yamcha, Tien and Co without much effort. However, Piccolo did appear to be on the same power standing as a Super Saiyan during that time.

During that 3yrs of training, it is high suggestive that Piccolo would be well aware of Goku's upper limits as they prepared for the Androids and certainly Goku would be stronger after that time, however was never given the chance to display this increase due to the Heart Virus diminishing his abilities substantially, something Piccolo pointed out when Goku didn't swiftly take out #19.

@ReiKai: You make a good point there.

Post by niBBit (664 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I don't know if this is Vegeta's ego playing but dispite Vegeta crushing Android 19 that damn robot still got up even after Vegeta delivered some brutal hits, Vegeta needed to put some effort into escaping Android 19's hold. What i find strange is Piccolo who fought an amped up Dr.Gero he easily chopped his arm of like it was nothing. Piccolo made Dr.Gero look like a cheap Toys"R"Us robot you buy in the bin, Dr.Gero could't even follow him let alone hit him.

Piccolo should know about Goku's IT and some of his technique/moves since he trained with him for 3 years. This Goku however is Pre Android so he doesn't know all of Piccolo's moves he's learned during his stay on King Kai Planet and fusing with Nail so Piccolo might suprise Goku with a few new tricks.

@niBBit: True... Piccolo has new powers to his arsenal that Goku doesn't know about....

Post by nishi99 (1,706 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I'd say Piccolo had a little more power at the time. So Piccolo should win.

I agree Piccolo may have the edge here power wise.

@SpeedForceSpider: but in speed wise Goku would have the advantage tho.

Overall no he wouldn't. Only IT would give Goku an edge, but since Piccolo knows about it (given Goku showed it off shortly after arriving back on Earth), Piccolo won't be so surprised by it. And as indicated in the Cell Games, Goku actually needs a lil bit of time to actually use it in a combat situation, especially if he's prepping an attack as well.

Since both are going all out, Goku can't afford careless attacks. Anything less than a fatal blow on Piccolo won't work since he can regenerate most injuries to his person. Piccolo has the edge in in power, strength and possibly speed as well and has full knowledge of Goku's fighting abilities. Of the two of them, Piccolo is far more cunning. While Goku is a brilliant fighter, Piccolo is more adept at exploiting another's weaknesses.

One such in this case is the SSJ transformation itself. Later Goku does explain that it takes energy to sustain that form, thus the training to endure it's effects in the RoSAT. But Goku doesn't have that here, so there's only so long he can use that boon and conjoining it with IT would be even more draining in battle. Piccolo, on the other hand, doesn't have transformations and has managed to bring himself up to a comparable level, which is an enormous feat. If the battle is prolonged, Goku will lose power a lot more quickly than Piccolo will. In this case, Piccolo has a higher chance of victory as, among the two of them, he's the only one who won't die unless his head is destroyed. It's one of the smallest targets to hit on the body from range and one of the easiest to defend if the attack is seen coming.
Post by mypasswordis1234 (196 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Piccolo can die too. Nappa didn't destroy his head, still killed him. Freeza beaten Piccolo too. Goku KO'd him on the tournament.

There are some hint/reference in the series that the super saiyans is above Piccolo.(but these are long sentences so I don't write it :P) And the virus causing that Goku was getting weaker. I think a healthy Goku would beat Piccolo.

Piccolo's regen increased over time, and Piccolo took an attack head on that was too much for him. The internal damage was too extreme for him to recover from. Piccolo was also weakened from the battle. I believe TFS actually said it best; "Oh yeah...haah...I can take anything you can- *oh there go my organs*" (collapses). However, Piccolo is quite literally hundreds of thousands of times stronger than he was back then. Piccolo is the strongest Namekian in history. But like anyone in the DBU, if you lose too much ki you can die, like Tien has done with his Kikoho. His injuries weren't fatal, but he expended too much energy and die. Piccolo may very well have expended all of his energy shielding Gohan and didn't have anything left to heal himself.
Post by mypasswordis1234 (196 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I know, it's true to all dbz character. The lower their ki, the lower their durability. Regenerating suck off Piccolo ki. And when they fight. My point was he not immortal against Goku, Goku have chance. But I admit I was wrong. That hint what I thought is said when Trunks, Piccolo, Tien and Krillin was talking, but I forgot that they said the current Goku, not the pre-3 years Goku. :P

So I agreed with the others, they are around the on same strength, but Piccolo know how Goku fight. Goku only chance if they charge against each other a kamehameha and makankosanpo, and when piccolo shot, Goku use IT. (he couldn't dogde that, and he wouldn't expecting that because they training, fighting on that 3 years not learning tactics)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel